• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA MAY 28-30 SIGNATURE AUCTION

744 posts in this topic

Wow. Cap 1 CGC 5.5 @ $77k+...

Very underwhelming.

As someone actively looking for a copy up to 3.5 and aware of actual sales and offers I've made that I felt were FMV, this is exactly where I thought it would settle despite a lot of the hype I've seen on the boards.

Its still a very strong price!

Very underwhelming.

i thought the same thing about the Batman 1 ( even at 4.5)

Bat 1 has consistently been selling @ $17k pp for the last six months or so, so the 4.5 was exactly in line with recent sales. On the other hand, some boardies (J-dog (thumbs u ) have been pushing Cap 1 as the equal to Bat 1 in price pp, etc...and it definitely looks like the market for Cap 1 is a bit softer than that based on this sale.

Meanwhile, a Cap 1 6.0 sold back in November @ $98,500+, so...this sale seems quite low in comparison.

Very underwhelming.

Someone got a great deal. It happens.

I remember back in 2011 a 7.0 sold $75,000

Then in 2012 3 sales of 7.0

$89,000

$85,000

$63,000 :tonofbricks:

Then 2013 7.0 sells for $93,000

If I'm the Cap 1 5.5 winner I'm doing the :whee:

Very underwhelming.

Bat 1 has consistently been selling @ $17k pp for the last six months or so, so the 4.5 was exactly in line with recent sales. On the other hand, some boardies (J-dog (thumbs u ) have been pushing Cap 1 as the equal to Bat 1 in price pp, etc...and it definitely looks like the market for Cap 1 is a bit softer than that based on this sale.

Meanwhile, a Cap 1 6.0 sold back in November @ $98,500+, so...this sale seems quite low in comparison.

Yes. That is what I premised my estimate upon (factoring in a bit of inflation over the last 6 months). I would agree, someone got a heck of a deal, and should be very pleased.

-J.

Very underwhelming.

Yes. That is what I premised my estimate upon (factoring in a bit of inflation over the last 6 months). I would agree, someone got a heck of a deal, and should be very pleased.

-J.

Well, I can understand that, I just thought ( and Gators gonna say, not golden age lol) Suicide Squad would've given the book a new bump

I watched the first hour on my lunch. Thought those were strong prices on the Actions. I will likely play tomorrow and on Saturday.

That being said, I personally thought this was very underwhelming and thought it would go for much more.

Captain America Comics #3 (Timely, 1941) CGC VG/FN... $11,352.50

That was a ridiculously cheap book. I was out for lunch with Lou but I'd have bid on that had I known it was going that cheap. :pullhair:

Seems like a big Church copy effect. Particularly, noticeable, I thought with the Cap Marvels.

Finally won a couple of books but I felt I had to go quite high on both.

That being said, I personally thought this was very underwhelming and thought it would go for much more.

Captain America Comics #3 (Timely, 1941) CGC VG/FN... $11,352.50

the rust on the staples and overall look held this one down... was high bidder at 9K+ and actually "thankful" someone out bid me at 9500+ ...whew

Very underwhelming.

-J.

Well, I can understand that, I just thought ( and Gators gonna say, not golden age lol) Suicide Squad would've given the book a new bump
lol