• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

You so crazy! :foryou:

Last post was in Jan ? Not good,

Great books Mr. Boot, as usual, hope my Centaur pals will appreciated this lil bad girl

ama2_126a-1.jpg

Last post was in Jan ? Not good,

Great books Mr. Boot, as usual, hope my Centaur pals will appreciated this lil bad girl

ama2_126a-1.jpg

(worship) awesome book! Glad to see that you were able to get it!

...hope my Centaur pals will appreciate this lil bad girl

ama2_126a-1.jpg

BB!

I have just managed to pick myself up off the floor!

WOW! What a beaut'! Congrats on acquiring a real piece of history! :headbang:

ama2_126a-1.jpg

BB!

[font:Times New Roman]Awesome! :applause: +1 (to infinity) [/font]

ama2_126a-1.jpg

BB!

[font:Times New Roman]Awesome! :applause: +1 (to infinity) [/font]

To Boot and Merryweather :headbang:

Here's a bit more of a background on the Claire Moe books as I now recall:

I supposedly was the first to call J&S Comics when I saw their ad in CBG circa 1983. They told me the books came from "his" daughter (I've heard others assume "Claire" is a female), who was handling his estate. I didn't know J&S at the time, and had only limited funds, so I picked out and purchased 10 books... and waited.

When I rec'd them, I was floored. Great books, but again cream (or even some interior cover browning) on the inside. The grading and pricing were right on. I hurriedly called J&S back and the books were all gone.

Later, I heard of a fellow named Michael Music who was peddling the books for multiples of Guide, which I couldn't afford at the time.

I got some books out of that ad also....what were we paying, Steve, $15-20 a book? jon

STEVE Got Larson?

I've been lurking on the boards for a while, and this is by far my favorite thread so far. I haven't had the time to go through the entire 8 years of posts, but when I got to page 32 and saw the Claire S. Moe discussion I wanted to chime in.

I saw that same ad and bought a stack of Centaurs from J&S as well. I still have them all. I wish I had bought out everything they had, whether I had the issues already or not (maybe by the time I contacted them I got all that was left).

I also remember Michael Music very well, at one point I remember going to the home of one of his friends or family members when he was visiting down here (South Florida), to either buy books from him or sell books to him (maybe both).

I'm not a completist when it comes to Centaurs, but I've always loved them (since I saw the color picture of AMF V2#7 in my first Overstreet back in 1975), and always bought issues I liked whenever I came across them. I'm of the opinion that you can never have too many (or enough) Centaurs.