• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

These slabs from Heritage look funky...

142 posts in this topic

I received these two slabs from Heritage today. The first thing that I noticed is that the labels seem to be within an inner well. I don't think I've seen that before. It almost looks like the slabs got too hot and that inner well around the labels melted a bit. I have 200 slabs and none of them look like this. One of them was graded in March, the other last August...

batman324.jpg

cap199.jpg

Jeff, I am fairly certain the inner wells have been damaged, likely be overexposure to heat. On the Cap, I would not be suprised if the barex has adhered to part of the top of the cover wrap (see the white artefact above OUP in GROUP and same tiny specks above IN in CAPTAIN).

Jeff, I am fairly certain the inner wells have been damaged, likely be overexposure to heat. On the Cap, I would not be suprised if the barex has adhered to part of the top of the cover wrap (see the white artefact above OUP in GROUP and same tiny specks above IN in CAPTAIN).

I think you're right. :cry:

I wonder how hot they have to get for this to happen.

My 2c = The box they were mailed in was probably dropped (maybe more than once) and the inner wells crunched against the outer shells, thus causing the damage shown in those pics.