• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2016, July 20-24, San Diego, Ca.

319 posts in this topic

Almost to February and I can actually start to feel it now. It was stressful enough going through the ticket fiasco but I was lucky enough to get full passes. For the first time ever I'm thinking of signing up for an early bird hotel. Despite the warnings I read here, Town and Country hotel was an awesome place and I was quite happy with the entire experience there last year. Not thrilled about waiting for the bus and the 20+ minute ride each way, but the hotel lottery experience has never been pleasant and I am shut out every time over the last several years. May just go early bird route and be done with it! However, one time JUST ONE TIME it would be nice to stay at The Marriott.

If anyone is looking for a ticket for the full event please let me know. Looks like we will likely be able to get an "extra" if needed.

Also if there are some people looking to cut down costs on lodging we'd be happy to go in on hotel costs or anything of the sort.

Here we go again, its like winning the lottery (which I haven't) or that feeling of depression!!! Countdown begins.....

I'm over it. :eyeroll:

I gotta say - the hunt adds to the anticipation and excitement for me every year. The hotels are pricey and the con is obviously about way more than just comic books now, but the atmosphere is electric and a lot of fun if you enjoy that sort of thing.

I buy only a few books there every year, but I usually do get a couple excellent commissions and get to see some really fun stuff!

Is it truly a random selection for tickets once you're in the waiting room as the site claims? It doesn't matter if you arrive first or last? Doesn't matter what your internet speed is?

Yes, that's what we have been told. Seems to hold up pretty well to me. There are occasionally problems here and there though and some people have experienced frozen screens. But for the most part once you are in, that is IF you get in, then you should be fine. The hotel lottery is different in that there is no waiting room, and that is all about registering as fast as you can and submitting quickly. In that scenario the first to submit (separated by three second intervals) are put in order based on the time of submission.