• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Skybound 5th Anniversary Box set (updated with Ticket totals)

1,760 posts in this topic

I have a Walking Dead 1 CGC 9.8 signed LABEL by Kirkman if your interest...

So you got the ticket…I knew it! :insane:

I wasn't allowed to tell anyone till they sold out and shipped all the boxes. I haven't decided what to do with it yet.

Who told him not to say anything? The gods of Skybound? Robert Kirkman? :o

I wasn't allowed to tell anyone till they sold out and shipped all the boxes. I haven't decided what to do with it yet.

+1

Simple business model folks. If both ticket winners were announced the first week the boxes went on sale do you really think they would have sold out by now at 80 bucks a pop? Not likely I would bet 75 percent of buyers at the convention and online were buying to gamble on winning one of those tickets. That gamble created a feeding frenzy.

+1

I heard he's going to sell it.....right after he's done selling this....

osgnv.jpg

hm

How would Skybound know to contact ice, unless he contacted them first? Something doesn't add up. But if ice says he has one of the two TWD #1s I'll believe him.

Jerome

The only thing that makes sense to me is there was a separate note along with the Walking Dead 1 ticket which specified the holder would have to not say anything in order to receive the book. I've done a few deals with Iceman and he has always been on the up and up so I don't believe he is lying for publicity.

The tone of his message tells me he has been asked to withhold the info which could only have been told to him when he got the ticket. They could have waited for him to call them but what if he just sent back to ticket and started bragging.

hm

How would Skybound know to contact ice, unless he contacted them first? Something doesn't add up. But if ice says he has one of the two TWD #1s I'll believe him.

Jerome

The only thing that makes sense to me is there was a separate note along with the Walking Dead 1 ticket which specified the holder would have to not say anything in order to receive the book. I've done a few deals with Iceman and he has always been on the up and up so I don't believe he is lying for publicity.

The tone of his message tells me he has been asked to withhold the info which could only have been told to him when he got the ticket. They could have waited for him to call them but what if he just sent back to ticket and started bragging.

I know ICE too and he likes to :baiting: and throw "fun bombs" in threads to get the party started lol

hm

Jerome

I know ICE too and he likes to :baiting: and throw "fun bombs" in threads to get the party started lol

lol fun bombs...don't toy with my emotions ice!

Jerome

I just posted in the other thread.

Would love to know who you talked to at our company about this. I don't believe anyone in my company or booth crew would say that to a customer.

As of right now, no one has come forward with the redemption card for the TWD book. If you have it, would love to see it be redeemed. It's a gem of a book and someone should enjoy it.

-shawn

hm

Jerome

Both this thread and Ryan's thread had exploded and I had several pm's oh you guys are just a little bit too easy.

Full disclosure I didn't purchase a single box. I did get 2 for a loser who couldn't grab any while working...he hasn't opened them yet...so maybe I do have the ticket :baiting: