• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA AUGUST 27-29 SIGNATURE AUCTION

671 posts in this topic

My observation is that - for some strange reason - never once have I been able to sell a book for more than the sticker price I put on it. They always sell for at or below sticker, but never once has someone seen the sticker price then offered to pay more. Why is that?

common sense (shrug)

your problem is you need dumber customers :insane:

Either that or Economics 101:

Your books are simply not priced low enough! :baiting:lol

If they are, then you can attract them like bees to honey and then simply take the best offer. (thumbs u

Richard is always receptive to offers though. The art of negotiation is his superpower.

i heard you no longer had interest in that vancouver cmj.

I've been waiting by the phone for an offer. :whistle:

Looks like you have been acquiring some of the Fawcett's for quite a few years now.

Only with Raboy covers

I assume your strategy must be to acquire them on the cheap and then wait for the marketplace to cycle them back into favor. hm

The market for them has already cycled back in favor, with a vengeance. For several years now. With one notable exception, I haven't been able to acquire any of the Church Master Raboy covers that have come on the market over the last few years. The prices have just been crazy.

About fourteen years ago I was offered a selection of Church Master books. It was outside of my usual collecting area so I did not jump at the chance. After some thought I bought one issue as an example though I still had doubts. Loved the book as soon as it arrived and since have wished I bought more. By chance I bought one of the scarcer issues but at the time I chose a cover I liked from the Gerber guide.

Heritage is so in the news today--handeling Stallone's personal Rocky/Rambo collection, The Fridge 85 Super Bowl Ring from Da Bears--they seem to be pushing out Julian Auctions for non comic memorabilia and still seem to be the bar that comicconnect and CLINK are trying to chase. Thought CC had it for a while but I think Heritage is still top dog for pieces

Heritage is so in the news today--handeling Stallone's personal Rocky/Rambo collection, The Fridge 85 Super Bowl Ring from Da Bears--they seem to be pushing out Julian Auctions for non comic memorabilia and still seem to be the bar that comicconnect and CLINK are trying to chase. Thought CC had it for a while but I think Heritage is still top dog for pieces

The tip of the iceberg......2016 Ha is going to pull away and crack 50 mil for the year.

Looks like you have been acquiring some of the Fawcett's for quite a few years now.

Only with Raboy covers

I assume your strategy must be to acquire them on the cheap and then wait for the marketplace to cycle them back into favor. hm

The market for them has already cycled back in favor, with a vengeance. For several years now. With one notable exception, I haven't been able to acquire any of the Church Master Raboy covers that have come on the market over the last few years. The prices have just been crazy.

I've been on the losing side of several of those, as well.

Only with Raboy covers

You guys need to be more like Mitch and manup! :sumo:

Only with Raboy covers

:applause:

About fourteen years ago I was offered a selection of Church Master books. It was outside of my usual collecting area so I did not jump at the chance. After some thought I bought one issue as an example though I still had doubts. Loved the book as soon as it arrived and since have wished I bought more. By chance I bought one of the scarcer issues but at the time I chose a cover I liked from the Gerber guide.

If you don't mind my asking, would this be one of the Raboy covers?

If so, would it be one of the issues in the 20's or in the 30's? You really can't go wrong with any of the Raboy Masters from that time period! :cloud9:

Only with Raboy covers

+

In the north of England that would be "biggirlsblouseup"

But that may be lost in translation