• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heads up on stolen books

280 posts in this topic

So just to get the story straight-buyer bought them on CL then sold some on ebay-that was how the sarge tracked him down do I have it right?

Always put a chain saw next to your comics folks

That is a custom title for Cheetah if I ever heard one.

+1 for that. :applause: Or for Kav, if Cheetah passes.

In 8 years on these boards, no one has ever mentioned a custom title for me. I'm touched.

I've got no beef with the guy who bought them. He knew they were stolen but they were better off in his hands than elsewhere. I hadn't had time to give it any thought but I will probably make him good on the total if he gets back the moderns he sold. I can probably get that back from the contractor's insurance company.

You are a better man than I in that regard. The guy buys $100K worth of books for $2k, knows they are stolen, knows enough to call Heritage to find out who the rightful owner is, and then still lists the books for sale?

I'd have a beef. I'd have no beef and given the guy double what he spent as a reward if he didn't sell them and instead contacted the police about the stolen merchandise he just bought.

Dude, after my craptastic week, I'm totally stoked that you managed to get your books back. This even made MY week better.

Once again, the lack of a a high-five emoticon here is astounding.

[font:Book Antiqua]

Maybe of topic...

I have a new co-worker

with marks of Meth on his teeth.

Everyone know what it means

he is really trying and working hard

You can tell just by the damage

how long he has been involved...

Whishing and hoping the best for him...

Again, he is really trying...

[/font]

:wishluck:

Wow, that is a great ending to a terrible story. :golfclap:

I've wondered about tracking stolen books via serial #'s - does Certifies Collectibles Group maintain a database of stolen collectibles comics (and coins) and if not, why? hm

You can flee from a Cheetah but they'll run you down every time

I knew I saved this gif for a reason...

N60KiAy.gif

That's the dude and Cheeetah all right

Congrats on a happy ending, Cheetah.

Yeah, I was all like, What an outstanding guy to purchase those books just to get them into safe hands and back to the rightful owner. A hero really. :applause: Then he goes and sells some of them. meh