• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BZ in hospital

132 posts in this topic

I don't get enough time to spend on the boards, but BZ's posts are always ones that I search out. As a neuro-ophthalmologist, I deal a lot with stroke patients in regards to the visual pathways. I've seen some amazing outcomes, and hope BZ will fall into that category! Best of luck, and you're family will be in our prayers.

Dave

So sorry to hear this. Your husband was the reason I got interested in these boards. A friend kept telling me to read his thread and sending me links...once I started reading, I was hooked.. He's an amazingly nice person.

Please send him my best wishes for a full and speedy recovery and my family and I will keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

Sharon

Your husband's true appreciation for comics and memorabilia is refreshing, especially given that so many other "collectors" nowadays are focused on making a quick buck.

I hope his recovery is swift and complete, and I think it will be.

Sorry to hear this as well. Sending prayers for a full recovery.

Bangzoom's Golden Age Collection thread is responsible for me discovering there were other comic book collectors like me out there. I had been a collector for a very long time and one day decided to search for more information on comics.I had found a few message boards, without much to interest me, until I came across one that had a post linking to BZ's thread. Finding that thread on this CGC website opened a whole new world up to me. After reading the GAC thread and others here on this site my passion for comics was burning hot again.

My father had a stroke, and as I was one of the people that was taking care of him, I learned a bit of information about strokes and one of the things the doctors and nurses told me is that often stroke victims become depressed. Mrs. BZ, please let BZ know how much he is appreciated and that his brain will rewire itself over time. Things may be slow for a while but they will improve as the days go by.

Please pass on all of our best wishes. His posts here have made my own collecting experience more enjoyable and his knowledge and generosity with his time and experience have made this place better for it.

Wow, what a lousy thing to hear on. Sunday morning.

Mr G is one of my favorite people on these boards. A very passionate and giving "old school" collector. He was very friendly and helpful to me when I started here. I always look forward to his posts.

I am confident that he will be back here dazzling us with stuff to dream about. The boards won't be the same until he gets back.

Give him our best and let him know we all miss him and are pulling for him.

And thanks so much for letting us know. He is family to us!

It is so thoughtful to let us know, with all the worry your family is going through right now.

We all love Bangzoom. He is the soul of these boards, and one of the most generous people here.

Hundreds of fellow boardies will post here to wish him a speedy and pain free recovery, as do I. Please pass on our good wishes as and when you can.

We should be the least of your worries, and his, but further news would be welcome as and when possible.

In a situation such as this we are fairly helpless, but we stand vigil, and are here to offer comfort if we possibly can. So say we all.

Michael

Michael said it best Mrs. G. We all consider your husband a dear friend and valued member of our community. If there is anything we can do to help you and your family through this time, or if there is anything he needs to help his spirits stay high, please let us know

Bill