• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BZ in hospital

132 posts in this topic

This is Mrs. Zoom again. BZ is back home after a week in the hospital after having a stroke and discovering that his heart was beating too slowly. He's still missing the vision on the right side of his world and he has cognitive impairment, but nothing is paralyzed and his speech is great, though he's confused and often mixes up his nouns. He'll be starting outpatient speech and OT rehab on Monday at Mount Vernon Hospital where they have a unique program just for adults with strokes and brain injuries. Our 12-year-old daughter has been amazing; cheerfully pitching in to help Dad. We're so lucky that he survived the stroke and heart problem without more significant disabilities and he should be mostly back his old self in 6-12 months with lots of rehab, love and patience. Thank you all so much for all your wonderful posts wishing him well! I read them to him in the hospital and now he's asking to see the new posts every day.

This is Mrs. Zoom again. BZ is back home after a week in the hospital after having a stroke and discovering that his heart was beating too slowly. He's still missing the vision on the right side of his world and he has cognitive impairment, but nothing is paralyzed and his speech is great, though he's confused and often mixes up his nouns. He'll be starting outpatient speech and OT rehab on Monday at Mount Vernon Hospital where they have a unique program just for adults with strokes and brain injuries. Our 12-year-old daughter has been amazing; cheerfully pitching in to help Dad. We're so lucky that he survived the stroke and heart problem without more significant disabilities and he should be mostly back his old self in 6-12 months with lots of rehab, love and patience. Thank you all so much for all your wonderful posts wishing him well! I read them to him in the hospital and now he's asking to see the new posts every day.

Wonderful news Mrs. G!! Our prayers continued since your first post and we are relieved he is on the mend. Give him my best

Bill

Wonderful news! I know he will be so happy to be at home. I'm looking forward to the day he makes a triumphant return to these boards. Thanks for the update, Mrs. BZ.

Fantastic news! That's so great to hear. I'm toasting BZ's optimistic prognosis right now. smiley-eatdrink003.gif

Perhaps over time he'll recover some or all of his right side vision too. :wishluck:

Wonderful news! It's so helpful to have a loving strong family when you are recovering from an illness. So sorry about what happened, but so glad to hear he is on his way to recovery and that you and his daughter are there for him.

In that case, he's a lucky guy. Please send my best wishes.

Sharon

So glad to hear this! I will have some cool reading material to send to G as aoon as he ready.

This makes my day. Please us know if there's anything we can do. You'd be surprised at what this place can get done for big or small needs. Feel free to pm me with any request, even if you think it's too much or too small to be relevant.