• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man 667 1:100 Dell'Otto Variant

916 posts in this topic

There's two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

Well, it seems then that you're not in the class of Lazyboy, RMA etc, but nonetheless... ignored. Thx for your contribution.

Generated in 1.273 seconds in which 1.256 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.
Generated in 0.028 seconds in which 0.01 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

RMA, Junk Donkey, Steen Rain, Divad, mschmidt, Broke As A Joke, Brian R: all gone. Now if the others don't reply to their posts it would be as if they aren't here at all.

YAY I made an ignored list !!!!

Honestly , I am here for the entertainment value of the posts. Jay, I just think its funny all the books you called out as being shilled not "real keys" and worth the money, hyped up etc. Yet the last auction of this book looked shilled ( I thought so as others) and because you are in love with this book you are blind to that possibility.

Looks like the 678 and 667 are two for two after all.

This, from the seller of the 667 on ebay:

667%20Ebay%20Sale%202_zps3wusqwrp.jpg

:gossip: And by the way, it makes 0 sense to shill a book that is so rare that it almost never comes up for sale either in grade, or at all, since there is effectively no market to manipulate.

Thank you for sharing your opinion though.

-J.

One of my favourite quotes:

"the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence"

Yes, works very well here.

I would like to see RMA provide proof to his claim that there indeed are more copies than what J says. Which he won't be able to do, yet he is blasting J for not being able to do the same. The door swings both ways, gents.

First, no one is "blasting" Jay, and it is intellectually dishonest to make that statement, while ignoring the "blasts" coming from Jay (which are actual blasts), just because you may agree with him.

Second, the door does NOT "swing both ways." Let me say this as clearly and emphatically as it is possible for me to say: No one has ever, at any point in this entire discussion, ever, ever, EVER "blasted" Jay for not being able to provide proof of the print run and/or extant copies.

That has NEVER been the issue.

The issue isn't that Jay CAN'T provide proof...it's that he's unwilling to ACKNOWLEDGE that he can't, while simultaneously claiming it's a FACT nonetheless. Jay says it is a FACT, when no one can prove that except the people who MADE the book. And they aren't (yet) talking.

So, what do you do when someone says something is a FACT? You ask them to prove it.

On the contrary, I have never said it is a FACT that there are "more copies than Jay is claiming there are." I have said we don't know, and therefore, cannot state anything conclusively EITHER WAY (which is what Jay has been trying to do.)

That is your error. I did NOT claim that there are "indeed more copies than what J says." I have already said that I cannot prove what the print run OR extant numbers are. We don't know. How many times do I have to say that? You're not paying attention to what I have said over and over: We don't know. Jay could be 100% accurate, and there WERE only 150-300 copies printed (so unlikely as to be outside of the realm of reason), but it COULD have happened. Or, Marvel could have printed 1500 of them, and 90% of the run was destroyed at some point.

But we don't know.

The LACK of proof doesn't therefore PROVE the opposite argument. And...again...we can make reasonable estimations based on what we DO know about how the Marvel ratio variant program has worked for 15 or more years.

Guess what, it doesn't *spoon*ing matter. What does matter is the market value of the book, numbers don't lie, the story and art also matter (which imo of course the art is better than the story lol). Whether it truly is as rare as what J says, or not, makes no difference and we are just microscoping the book now to a pointless degree. It's worth a lot of dough, whether you like it or not, or you are butthurt because you sold it years ago for $50.

No one disputes any of this, except your claim of "pointlessness." If it's pointless to you, there are many other topics to talk about...why talk about this one?

Can we all agree to disagree now?

Jerome

Sure, I have no problem with that. But "agreeing to disagree" doesn't mean "you shut up now, while I say whatever I want to say about it."

That's not how it works.

I would like to see RMA provide proof to his claim that there indeed are more copies than what J says. Which he won't be able to do, yet he is blasting J for not being able to do the same. The door swings both ways, gents.

No, it really doesn't.

If you're the one presenting an opinion or a guess as fact, the onus is on you to provide the proof if someone disputes your claim. It's not the responsibility of RMA to prove Jay wrong, but rather Jay to prove himself right - which he, obviously, has failed to do so far.

Or, this.

:D

RMA, Junk Donkey, Steen Rain, Divad, mschmidt, Broke As A Joke, Brian R: all gone. Now if the others don't reply to their posts it would be as if they aren't here at all.

Honestly , I am here for the entertainment value of the posts. Jay, I just think its funny all the books you called out as being shilled not "real keys" and worth the money, hyped up etc. Yet the last auction of this book looked shilled ( I thought so as others) and because you are in love with this book you are blind to that possibility.

IF (and I'm not saying it is one way or the other) a seller shilled his own listing, do you really think he is going to be admitting it to some stranger through eBay messages.....?

hm

:gossip: And by the way, it makes 0 sense to shill a book that is so rare that it almost never comes up for sale either in grade, or at all, since there is effectively no market to manipulate.

This isn't true.

-J.

Your welcome.

First, no one is "blasting" Jay, and it is intellectually dishonest to make that statement, while ignoring the "blasts" coming from Jay (which are actual blasts), just because you may agree with him.

Second, the door does NOT "swing both ways." Let me say this as clearly and emphatically as it is possible for me to say: No one has ever, at any point in this entire discussion, ever, ever, EVER "blasted" Jay for not being able to provide proof of the print run and/or extant copies.

That has NEVER been the issue.

The issue isn't that Jay CAN'T provide proof...it's that he's unwilling to ACKNOWLEDGE that he can't, while simultaneously claiming it's a FACT nonetheless. Jay says it is a FACT, when no one can prove that except the people who MADE the book. And they aren't (yet) talking.

So, what do you do when someone says something is a FACT? You ask them to prove it.

On the contrary, I have never said it is a FACT that there are "more copies than Jay is claiming there are." I have said we don't know, and therefore, cannot state anything conclusively EITHER WAY (which is what Jay has been trying to do.)

That is your error. I did NOT claim that there are "indeed more copies than what J says." I have already said that I cannot prove what the print run OR extant numbers are. We don't know. How many times do I have to say that? You're not paying attention to what I have said over and over: We don't know. Jay could be 100% accurate, and there WERE only 150-300 copies printed (so unlikely as to be outside of the realm of reason), but it COULD have happened. Or, Marvel could have printed 1500 of them, and 90% of the run was destroyed at some point.

But we don't know.

The LACK of proof doesn't therefore PROVE the opposite argument. And...again...we can make reasonable estimations based on what we DO know about how the Marvel ratio variant program has worked for 15 or more years.

Guess what, it doesn't *spoon*ing matter. What does matter is the market value of the book, numbers don't lie, the story and art also matter (which imo of course the art is better than the story lol). Whether it truly is as rare as what J says, or not, makes no difference and we are just microscoping the book now to a pointless degree. It's worth a lot of dough, whether you like it or not, or you are butthurt because you sold it years ago for $50.

No one disputes any of this, except your claim of "pointlessness." If it's pointless to you, there are many other topics to talk about...why talk about this one?

Can we all agree to disagree now?

Jerome

Sure, I have no problem with that. But "agreeing to disagree" doesn't mean "you shut up now, while I say whatever I want to say about it."

That's not how it works.

Sure it is, I said my peace and obviously this thread is going nowhere, so what I meant by saying that is, let's move it back to an appreciation thread.

Jerome

That's not how it works.

Sure it is, I said my peace and obviously this thread is going nowhere, so what I meant by saying that is, let's move it back to an appreciation thread.

Jerome

So, "you shut up now, while I say whatever I want to say about it" IS how it works...?

hm

It IS an appreciation thread. I appreciate the book even more than I did when this thread started, because it has gotten me to really thinking about what factors are involved with this book, and why it has the market unavailability and census scarcity that it has. Variants are "my thing", and tracking down the story behind this particular one is going to be a lot of fun for me.

Why does "appreciation" only count if it's agreement with whomever started the tread...? Why is it not "appreciation" unless everyone agrees with everyone else...? Who decides what is, and what is not, legitimate appreciation...?

Does that make any sense...?

So, am I understanding this correctly. A thread was created in Comics General to discuss this comic so this appreciate thread could continue as such. But then someone complained in the Comics General thread, got that thread locked, and now everyone is back here discussing this comic?

Classic! lol

:ohnoez:

IF (and I'm not saying it is one way or the other) a seller shilled his own listing, do you really think he is going to be admitting it to some stranger through eBay messages.....?

hm

This isn't true.

-J.

Your welcome.

I didn't ask him if he shilled his own listing. I asked him if the transaction was completed, ie if the book was still available.

He of course could have said nothing and simply not replied. His response speaks for itself however.

You're really grasping at straws now.

To what end, I do not know at this point. There surely must be better things for you to do with your time.

-J.

That's not how it works.

Jerome

So, "you shut up now, while I say whatever I want to say about it" IS how it works...?

hm

It IS an appreciation thread. I appreciate the book even more than I did when this thread started, because it has gotten me to really thinking about what factors are involved with this book, and why it has the market unavailability and census scarcity that it has. Variants are "my thing", and tracking down the story behind this particular one is going to be a lot of fun for me.

Why does "appreciation" only count if it's agreement with whomever started the tread...? Why is it not "appreciation" unless everyone agrees with everyone else...? Who decides what is, and what is not, legitimate appreciation...?

Does that make any sense...?

Agreeing to disagree is how it works, that is my intent. But you can continue to bait people and take a slant on what everyone says as much as you want. Did I say 'shut up, while I say whatever I want to say about it'? Nope, not even close, but you'll do anything to twist words around to fuel whatever satisfaction you get from doing it.

[insert some snarky ghost joke only long time boardies would understand to prove I'm better than you here]

Jerome