• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FanExpo Canada, Sept 1-4, 2016

560 posts in this topic

This is a repost as I had corrected my statement but since you've quoted the old one...

Two days IS the plan.

We are planning to do something on Saturday and something on Sunday with Miller and the DKIII team.

That means two public (ticketed) signings. The $129 Experience is front of the line guaranteed. Everyone else is ticketed - tickets are free and given out earlier in the day at the morning panel or in a designated area (tba). VIPs with ticket go into the fast lane. CC you bought the Saturday experience so you go front of the line on Saturday.

Two Platinum events - all that stuff on the event page about lotteries and deadlines is irrelevant as there are spots available for Saturday and for Sunday. I've put in a request to clean that page up. http://fanexpocanada.com/frank-miller-events/

There will probably be only one regular DKIII panel and one Celebrity Q&A with Miller - those may not be on the same day, which would make sense if we are giving out the tickets at a different event each day. Schedule is still being worked on.

The $129 Experience ticket Saturday gives you front of the line access to the Saturday signing and panel (and Q&A) but not the Sunday signing, and no access to the Platinum events obviously.

Cool, it's pretty awesome Mark is finally coming to TO.

Miller... It's complicated, absolutely, I agree 100% but it's that or no Miller at all. I'd rather have Miller and complicated than no Miller, but I can understand the frustration. I'm trying to forewarn, and therefore forearm you.

I kind of think of the MTCC as my own version of the civil war... a battle between the south and the north. I don't think I'll see any of the North at all over the weekend, but that's cool with me because the South is where all of the comics folk are.

i was at both orlando and dallas.

i saw the hemorrhage of people waiting for miller. it was a mess. but the lines went quick and smoothly. from what i saw............people were very happy to queue up and wait for miller. these were also the free signatures without having to buy a special package.

are the signatures expensive ? sure. but like you have said. its frank miller ! :)

i saw some people taking pics of miller at the signing. but i dont think anyone took a pic WITH miller.

that said. i will be in toronto this year :)

VIPs with a ticket can also go front of the line.

The rep(s) that runs the Fan Expo Twitter account, stated otherwise. Said the Frank Miller signing is considered a Special Event, so VIP pass holders that don't have the Miller Experience, do not get front of the line.

Granted, I asked the question before the past couple of Miller DKIII signings at various conventions, so that may have changed, as the whole lottery system was kind of unknown at the time.

Sorry if this has been asked but I cannot seem to find the answer. Is there still going to be exclusives at the show this year? It seems they have some online already but I was wondering if those are the ones they intend to also be 'exclusive' for the Fan Expo.

Sorry if this has been asked but I cannot seem to find the answer. Is there still going to be exclusives at the show this year? It seems they have some online already but I was wondering if those are the ones they intend to also be 'excelusive' for the Fan Expo.

I had a similar question for Kevin about the Batman Adventures 12 reprint exclusive. Its sold out on the fan expo store site but will it be available for purchase at the actual event?

Sorry if this has been asked but I cannot seem to find the answer. Is there still going to be exclusives at the show this year? It seems they have some online already but I was wondering if those are the ones they intend to also be 'exclusive' for the Fan Expo.

Yes, of course. Just waiting on approvals from the publishers before they can be announced.

Sorry if this has been asked but I cannot seem to find the answer. Is there still going to be exclusives at the show this year? It seems they have some online already but I was wondering if those are the ones they intend to also be 'excelusive' for the Fan Expo.

I had a similar question for Kevin about the Batman Adventures 12 reprint exclusive. Its sold out on the fan expo store site but will it be available for purchase at the actual event?

That one - the store variant for Megacon Orlando and Dallas is gone - completely sold out at the shows and online. Copies are going for crazy amounts on the secondary market right now.

However we are doing another reprint of that book with DC, a third printing with another completely brand new Jonboy Myers cover - regular and foil editions - for Toronto and Vancouver.

I don't see any mention of Margaret Atwood on the website, was that a typo?

Not announced on the website yet Ari. Most of the comic guests are still not up on the site, it takes time.

Angel Catbird, Atwood's Dark Horse graphic novel with artist Johnny Christmas, will be making its debut at FXC.

That one - the store variant for Megacon Orlando and Dallas is gone - completely sold out at the shows and online. Copies are going for crazy amounts on the secondary market right now.

However we are doing another reprint of that book with DC, a third printing with another completely brand new Jonboy Myers cover - regular and foil editions - for Toronto and Vancouver.

Will Toronto have its own exclusives, different from the other FanExpo events?

Will Toronto have its own exclusives, different from the other FanExpo events?

Fan Expo Store adds new exclusives at each large show, Toronto will see the DEBUT of a number of new ones specifically created for Fan Expo Canada - it will be the first show they are available at, and if they sell out, they sell out. Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, IDW, Image and more have exclusives coming for Sept 1-4.