• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FanExpo Canada, Sept 1-4, 2016

560 posts in this topic

I just wish the people in charge of the exhibitors were more organized. I have no idea if I'll be set up or not :sorry:

Great updates Kevin :banana:

Thanks and uh oh. If you want to PM me I can see if I can find out what your status is.

I just wish the people in charge of the exhibitors were more organized. I have no idea if I'll be set up or not :sorry:

Great updates Kevin :banana:

Thanks and uh oh. If you want to PM me I can see if I can find out what your status is.

I spoke with Kelli yesterday after following up in June and was given this as a response:

We are slightly behind in placing Retailers. The Show Director is looking to make some headway this week.

We will reach out if and when you have been approved.

Thank you!

If this has already been answered I do apologize (I searched but may have missed it). I understand it isn't the fault of the organizers but it really is a downer that CGC isn't going to be at FanExpo. Is there any way the show can organize a way for people to submit?

If this has already been answered I do apologize (I searched but may have missed it). I understand it isn't the fault of the organizers but it really is a downer that CGC isn't going to be at FanExpo. Is there any way the show can organize a way for people to submit?

CGC was there last year so odd they wouldn't be back but they don't have it listed for them under their events hm

There are several dealers who accept CGC submissions at the show and some boardies will be handling SS stuff as well.

They have 2 other major shows they are at that weekend. There are so many shows they can be at, but Carlos at Gotham Central will be accepting books for CGC and so is Doug Scott, who will be helping with the DK3 team.

They have 2 other major shows they are at that weekend. There are so many shows they can be at, but Carlos at Gotham Central will be accepting books for CGC and so is Doug Scott, who will be helping with the DK3 team.

What other ones? I only see Baltimore. It seems like a very big lost opportunity for them seeing as how their major competition will be there.

I think CGC is considering it still, based on my conversations with them here at SDCC - there will also be be some subs accepted at the All New Comics booth (at the Comic Book Lounge section).

I think CGC is considering it still, based on my conversations with them here at SDCC - there will also be be some subs accepted at the All New Comics booth (at the Comic Book Lounge section).

Kevin are there going to be anymore surprise announcements or are all of the guests finalized?

If you had asked me yesterday I would say we were done, but based on the last 24 hours I think there may be a few more. CLLDF and Hero Initiative have some additional comic guests appearing at their booths. I am waiting to get confirmation on who they are this week.

I did have one cancellation from that list I provided earlier - Shawn Crystal can't make it but Greg Hyland (Lego artist) and Dan Schoening (Ghostbusters artist) are now on my list.

If you had asked me yesterday I would say we were done, but based on the last 24 hours I think there may be a few more. CLLDF and Hero Initiative have some additional comic guests appearing at their booths. I am waiting to get confirmation on who they are this week.

I did have one cancellation from that list I provided earlier - Shawn Crystal can't make it but Greg Hyland (Lego artist) and Dan Schoening (Ghostbusters artist) are now on my list.

Awesome! I don't recall either having their own booths at FanExpo.

More artists......yes!

What other ones? I only see Baltimore. It seems like a very big lost opportunity for them seeing as how their major competition will be there.

San Francisco Con (put on by Tupenny and KOR) is that weekend, as well as something called MetaCon in Minneapolis.

Jim

San Francisco Con (put on by Tupenny and KOR) is that weekend, as well as something called MetaCon in Minneapolis.

Jim

They don't have them listed on their events page :baiting:

I feel like I haven't seen you in a long while :(

I may be wrong but Dragon Con is also that weekend in atlanta. I almost wish Fan Ex would go back to the week before labor day. Just seems that labor day weekend is really stretched thin.

I think it is cheaper to get a venue that weekend because less conventions want to host a convention on the labour day weekend. Based on that fact I don't see it being changed anytime soon.

There are no plans to change the weekend from Labour Day. When we were the week before we ran into conflicts with bookings from other events in the facility and since we need the full convention centre, Labour Day has proven itself these past few years with continued growth.

I may be wrong but Dragon Con is also that weekend in atlanta. I almost wish Fan Ex would go back to the week before labor day. Just seems that labor day weekend is really stretched thin.

I think it is cheaper to get a venue that weekend because less conventions want to host a convention on the labour day weekend. Based on that fact I don't see it being changed anytime soon.

I'm sure Fan Expo is short on cash considering the numbers of ppl that attended last year. Over 100,000?

Plus the number of people who wont go because of the other conventions that weekend. It just seems odd they wouldn't pay the cash for a weekend free of other con competition and maybe even get more guests who aren't booked that weekend elsewhere.

Getting guests isn't a problem, nor is attendance as you pointed out. We are usually up against DragonCon, but any other shows on the same weekend chose to go up against us (and DragonCon) not vice versa.

Dates for 2017 are August 31-September 3, 2017.

Any updates Kevin? just curious to see if anyone else is coming :)