• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FanExpo Canada, Sept 1-4, 2016

560 posts in this topic

So here's the information I've been given guys, VIP does not get priority seating at the Hamill special event on Friday night (only Gold and Silver ticket people get priority seating), however VIP will get you priority seating to the Batman/Joker panel on Sunday.

Kevin is it possible to have a CGC witness at the Hamill special event signing?

The show doesn't provide CGC Witnesses so that would have to be prearranged with a facilitator to have a witness there.

Got my first ever photo ops for this years fan expo! lol I'm usually all business at cons but decided to have some fun this year. Pix with Jay and Silent Bob and Morena Baccarin

God I hope i don't make myself look dumb infront of her haha

Got my first ever photo ops for this years fan expo! lol I'm usually all business at cons but decided to have some fun this year. Pix with Jay and Silent Bob and Morena Baccarin

God I hope i don't make myself look dumb infront of her haha

Just drool and say your pretty and you should be fine! lol

Kevin,

On your side has it been discussed if there will be a meet and greet with Stan or anything else with him?

As well, has it been discussed about implementing the same policy with VIPS in the South Building as in the North? Last year we were told by supervisors that we had no privileges in the South and our passes did not provide us line by pass for the workshops, Q&A's and so on. I'm just hoping there is equality amongst the Celeb side and Comic side.

Kevin,

On your side has it been discussed if there will be a meet and greet with Stan or anything else with him?

As well, has it been discussed about implementing the same policy with VIPS in the South Building as in the North? Last year we were told by supervisors that we had no privileges in the South and our passes did not provide us line by pass for the workshops, Q&A's and so on. I'm just hoping there is equality amongst the Celeb side and Comic side.

Thats strange, I watched multiple VIPs use the speed line in the signing areas in the south building last year.

There better be equality here, I bought VIP just to avoid lines this year...

Kevin is it possible to have a CGC witness at the Hamill special event signing?

The show doesn't provide CGC Witnesses so that would have to be prearranged with a facilitator to have a witness there.

I was more asking to ensure the witness didn't need some kind of special pass too - just seeking clarity on how the Hamill experience will work - is it all "special" or do those pass holders just skip the regular autograph line, photo line, etc.

Kevin,

Thats strange, I watched multiple VIPs use the speed line in the signing areas in the south building last year.

The issue wasn't the signing lines, but beyond that we had no other privileges in the South Building. If I want to see a sketch dual, Q&A or a screening, I want to be able to jump the line as I can in the North Building, a couple of years ago our passes gave us that privilege. Saved me a lot of time waiting in lines and allowed me to explore far more of the con.

Kevin,

The issue wasn't the signing lines, but beyond that we had no other privileges in the South Building. If I want to see a sketch dual, Q&A or a screening, I want to be able to jump the line as I can in the North Building, a couple of years ago our passes gave us that privilege. Saved me a lot of time waiting in lines and allowed me to explore far more of the con.

Thats a little disconcerting... I'd hope paying almost 600 for my tickets would allow me priority entrance to all non special ticketed events like it says it did. I'd be quite upset if it didnt.

Kevin,

Thats a little disconcerting... I'd hope paying almost 600 for my tickets would allow me priority entrance to all non special ticketed events like it says it did. I'd be quite upset if it didnt.

I think it says on the pass only in North Building, which to me tells everyone that comics are not as important as celebs, no equality and that the pass is not a true VIP.

So VIPs will get the speed lane access for signings in the signing area, and we'll help make sure that VIPs can move to the front of the line for lines at tables where possible, I'll make sure my floor staff in the comics section is aware of this.

However, according to the VIP terms on the website, VIPs only get priority room access to the two big halls in the North building - specifically Rooms 102 and 105.

Just to refresh, here are the terms taken from the website. Please review and take note:

V.I.P. PACKAGE INCLUDES THE DELUXE FAN EXPO PASS, PLUS:

• Admission to all 4 days of FAN EXPO CANADA™

• Get access to special preview on Thursday at 2pm

• NEW! Limited edition FAN EXPO CANADA™ VIP T-Shirt

• Limited edition FAN EXPO CANADA™ VIP Badge

• Limited edition FAN EXPO CANADA™ VIP Lanyard

• NEW! Exclusive FAN EXPO CANADA™ “SUPERbag”

• NEW! Limited Edition Show Program

• Exclusive VIP Entrances into both buildings

• Exclusive VIP Lounge Access

(Limited Capacity. First come/first serve basis)

• NEW! Complimentary coat & bag check in the VIP lounge

• NEW! Exclusive VIP Pre-Sale for Celebrity Photo Ops

• NEW! Exclusive VIP Pre-Sale on select FAN EXPO HQ Events

• Complimentary courier delivery of VIP wristbands

• Free general admission to Canadian FAN EXPO HQ Events

(valid October 2016 to July 2017)

• Head start to the show floor at 9:30am Friday to Sunday

• VIP Priority Access to all Main Theatre Presentations (Rooms 102 & 105)*

• VIP Express Pass for Celebrity Autograph & Celebrity Photo Op areas

• NEW! 20% off coupon for the FAN EXPO Store

• First right to renew VIP pass for FAN EXPO CANADA™ 2017

• Extremely limited in quantity

NOTE:

• Additional autograph/photo op fees may apply

• Must be in the VIP line 30 minutes before scheduled presentation time

• VIP Seating is guaranteed but not reserved

• Not including specially ticketed events

So VIPs will get the speed lane access for signings in the signing area, and we'll help make sure that VIPs can move to the front of the line for lines at tables where possible, I'll make sure my floor staff in the comics section is aware of this.

However, according to the VIP terms on the website, VIPs only get priority room access to the two big halls in the North building - specifically Rooms 102 and 105.

Just to refresh, here are the terms taken from the website. Please review and take note:

V.I.P. PACKAGE INCLUDES THE DELUXE FAN EXPO PASS, PLUS:

• Admission to all 4 days of FAN EXPO CANADA™

• Get access to special preview on Thursday at 2pm

• NEW! Limited edition FAN EXPO CANADA™ VIP T-Shirt

• Limited edition FAN EXPO CANADA™ VIP Badge

• Limited edition FAN EXPO CANADA™ VIP Lanyard

• NEW! Exclusive FAN EXPO CANADA™ “SUPERbag”

• NEW! Limited Edition Show Program

• Exclusive VIP Entrances into both buildings

• Exclusive VIP Lounge Access

(Limited Capacity. First come/first serve basis)

• NEW! Complimentary coat & bag check in the VIP lounge

• NEW! Exclusive VIP Pre-Sale for Celebrity Photo Ops

• NEW! Exclusive VIP Pre-Sale on select FAN EXPO HQ Events

• Complimentary courier delivery of VIP wristbands

• Free general admission to Canadian FAN EXPO HQ Events

(valid October 2016 to July 2017)

• Head start to the show floor at 9:30am Friday to Sunday

• VIP Priority Access to all Main Theatre Presentations (Rooms 102 & 105)*

• VIP Express Pass for Celebrity Autograph & Celebrity Photo Op areas

• NEW! 20% off coupon for the FAN EXPO Store

• First right to renew VIP pass for FAN EXPO CANADA™ 2017

• Extremely limited in quantity

NOTE:

• Additional autograph/photo op fees may apply

• Must be in the VIP line 30 minutes before scheduled presentation time

• VIP Seating is guaranteed but not reserved

• Not including specially ticketed events

I understand all of that, but why is there no equality on the Comic side for panels, Q&A's and so on? Whether it is true or not it makes it feel like the celebs are more important than the comic artists. I assume there is nothing that can be done this year, but would also like to see the same front of the line privileges for rooms on the comic side next year.

TWO ROOMS have special VIP access, the two biggest theatres. We're talking about every other room in the North and the South Building not having this option because we've never not been able to seat someone in any of the other rooms, and that includes every event, for every genre.

PLUS there are comics events in those two rooms this year.

TWO ROOMS have special VIP access, the two biggest theatres. We're talking about every other room in the North and the South Building not having this option because we've never not been able to seat someone in any of the other rooms, and that includes every event, for every genre.

PLUS there are comics events in those two rooms this year.

Didn't know that about comic events in the 2 big rooms and some of the comic rooms in the South have filled up over the years and have been turned away due to capacity.

Any Reason why Humberto Ramos had to cancel?

He requires a visa to come from Mexico to Canada, and when he want to get it he was told that because of delays it was not guaranteed to be approved in time for the show dates. Bureaucracy at work.