• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s MOON KNIGHT series starring Oscar Isaac (2022)
7 7

563 posts in this topic

On 4/15/2022 at 1:53 AM, MattTheDuck said:

The show's fine.  I know literally nothing about Moon Knight so this is the first Marvel show that's just all surprises for me.  Importantly, as noted by others, the folks in my house who are completely indifferent to comics (and also know nothing about Moon Knight) like it a lot.  

My wife was fully on board w/ the 1st episode (she's indifferent to comics and knows nothing about them) and after the 3rd episode, completely checked out.  So have I.  That was BAD.  

On 4/15/2022 at 8:07 AM, Beastfeast said:

My wife was fully on board w/ the 1st episode (she's indifferent to comics and knows nothing about them) and after the 3rd episode, completely checked out.  So have I.  That was BAD.  

I really enjoyed the first episode. I think with enough time & maybe some deliberate effort, E2 & 3 can be forgotten.  

Episode 4 felt much better than 3, though the 'big shake up' they promise you can see coming a mile away (as it should be that obvious to anyone who read any of the comics) but unfortunately is done in a way that doesn't feel like it's a 'real' twist with any real weight (but still fun regardless, so at this point that's enough)

Edited by Sauce Dog

Pretty sure I'd have appreciated this more if I'd read any of the comics, as it stands I think it's rubbish. I'll finish it as there are only two episodes left, if it was 10/12 episodes I'd give up after last night's offering.

Edited by Boozad

Ep 4 was better than 3 but not by much.  First 2/3 was the same old frustrating stuff and then the

asylum parts were back to being interesting and made we want to know more (I have not read the comics so that is probably different for those of you that know what's going on).

Besides the terrible exposition, the pacing is SO off.  They will linger on a scene for what seems like an excruciating amount of time and then speed run the characters to the next destination or conflict and it's really jarring.  

Also, Harrow and Marc's wife are characters I'm instantly annoyed by when they're on screen.  This episode made that worse.  

On 4/21/2022 at 5:00 AM, Bosco685 said:

Phase IV official mascot

FQz5leGXEAQztwN.thumb.jpeg.ea43d5a673b1837d922af3ec80196553.jpeg

The first thing I thought when I saw this was, what bad cgi.  Sometimes less is better. I keep thinking about Raiders of the Lost Ark and if that was made today everything would be cgi.  The sequence below would never be done in today's movies for example.

hqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

images-1.jpeg

images.jpeg

Edited by Xenosmilus