• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2016 -- It's still Never too Early, October 6-9

351 posts in this topic

Tickets received. No distinguishing marks on ticket for a specific individual. Even with all the new rules, looks like pretty much anyone can use these badges at this point. I did get a regular ticket for my son for Friday though, and it has a hole punched in it and A large K sticker on it. The scalpers are already posting verified tickets for sale. 4 day pros are selling for $500 plus on eBay.

Hotel booked

Plane booked

Books shipped...not yet but soon

Getting closer!

Case of Coke Zero purchased and waiting for you (O and I have a free Chipotle catering order that I will probably use on Saturday if you want to turn your booth into a burrito place lol)

Tickets received. No distinguishing marks on ticket for a specific individual. Even with all the new rules, looks like pretty much anyone can use these badges at this point. I did get a regular ticket for my son for Friday though, and it has a hole punched in it and A large K sticker on it. The scalpers are already posting verified tickets for sale. 4 day pros are selling for $500 plus on eBay.

The paper that came with the tickets says each badge has a micro chip in it that when scanned at the terminal will bring up your registered profile.

What they do from that point I dont know ?? I doubt they would ID every person.. maybe random stops? Or I suppose they could quickly ask for the email address or info that was assigned to each badge.. which at that point you could probably just tell a friend or family member your info if they plan on using the badge (obviously dont want to give out personal info to strangers that scalped the badges)

The paper that came with the tickets says each badge has a micro chip in it that when scanned at the terminal will bring up your registered profile.

It doesn't exactly say that.. the paper says:

"each NYCC-ID Badge contains a unique microchip that is unique to only your badge."

This is the same paper/information they've provided for the past 2 years since they began using the RFID badges

"each NYCC-ID Badge contains a unique microchip that is unique to only your badge."

This is the same paper/information they've provided for the past 2 years since they began using the RFID badges

And with no identifying marks there is no way to know which badge go to which person in your party. So they can not be checking id's in this fashion. So if I had purchased badges for a friend that was not showing up at the same time or same days, would they deny them entrance if the badge was scanned had the wrong info? Even if they had properly registered? The badge and the RFID system appear to be identical to the last few years.

I only ask because I have two extra badges now because two people I purchased for can not attend on one of the days. I have two more friends currently without tickets that I am perfectly happy to let use the badges. I am not planning on scalping them.

And with no identifying marks there is no way to know which badge go to which person in your party. So they can not be checking id's in this fashion. So if I had purchased badges for a friend that was not showing up at the same time or same days, would they deny them entrance if the badge was scanned had the wrong info? Even if they had properly registered? The badge and the RFID system appear to be identical to the last few years.

I only ask because I have two extra badges now because two people I purchased for can not attend on one of the days. I have two more friends currently without tickets that I am perfectly happy to let use the badges. I am not planning on scalping them.

Someone is looking for one in comics general

Hey guys, I'd love it if I could have someone pick up a sketch for me-- any facilitators out there who I can chat with about fees/shipping? Go ahead and send me a PM if you're able :)

I'll be facilitating for a small group, no large or heavy items.. feel free to pm me.

Quick question. Anyone really good at grading or knowing when a press may help going to NYCC? I have a few slabs that I think I may be able to improve the grade on I want somebody to look at. One I purchased about 8 months ago and it has a non color fold in the lower left corner (I need to look at it again), a second is a old slab which I had purchased cracked at a discount (old slab comic was graded around 1999), and want to know if I should just re-slab or get it re-graded.

Quick question. Anyone really good at grading or knowing when a press may help going to NYCC? I have a few slabs that I think I may be able to improve the grade on I want somebody to look at. One I purchased about 8 months ago and it has a non color fold in the lower left corner (I need to look at it again), a second is a old slab which I had purchased cracked at a discount (old slab comic was graded around 1999), and want to know if I should just re-slab or get it re-graded.

At the CGC booth they have a company that presses books. They could tell you if a press would improve any of your books, especially if Matt Nelson is there.

At the CGC booth they have a company that presses books. They could tell you if a press would improve any of your books, especially if Matt Nelson is there.

You need a paid account to utilize the pressing right? In other words, I can't just submit to them at NYCC and ask for a press and grading?

You need a paid account to utilize the pressing right? In other words, I can't just submit to them at NYCC and ask for a press and grading?

If you submit at a show, you don't need an account.

If you submit at a show, you don't need an account.

I have a CGC account. Yes, last year at NYCC they asked all people submitting if they wanted pressing services before grading. I turned them down, but in retrospect, I think 3 or 4 of my books would have been higher if I had done it. I did not have a CGC account at the time.