• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,445 posts in this topic

Will try to get permission to post another Duck that's

worth more than these combined (if people don't ask too many

questions, that is smile.gif).

popcorn.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif I've been dying to know which book you've been talking about. I promise not to ask any questions if you post it. (no matter how much it kills me)

Suffice to say that opening this box from Heritage was very cool!!

herinv.jpg

thumbsup2.gif I had a suspicion that the Scandinavian Duck Mafia was behind these purchases! wink.gif

Here are some more of the newspaper Sundays.

I've only put up one image the rest you can click through so it doesn't get annoying scrolling through.

Sorry for the large wide shot.

This is from March 13 1932 and is the oldest one I have.

The first Sunday was Jan 10 1932 so thats pretty good.

I can't figure out when the art shifted to Gottfredson. Anyone know?

The thing about Sundays is these are the first and original comics which all the later reprints come from.

The bad thing is they don't have the feeling of being on their own.

If you collect them do you want the full page or just the strip?

Why not the entire section or newspaper itself?

The more of the paper you collect the more tedious it becomes to store and show off.

Still I was happy to pick these up.

mm1932a.jpg

A bunch of yellow feathers Long Bill Donald Duck appearances in Mickey Mouse. Some tabloid and some cut from Full Sunday sheets.

Since I don't collect MM Magazine I don't know which of these (if any) appear in the mags.

Feb 17 1935 Second Donald Sunday

Feb 24 1935

Mar 3 1935

Mar 24 1935

Mar 31 1935 Classic Donald

Apr 7 1935

Apr 21 1935

Jun 30 1935 Red colored only ???

Jul 21 1935

Dec 1 1935 Still yellow feathers.

Long Bill but not quite as long. White feathers at this point.

Feb 23 1936

Mar 1 1936

Mar 15 1936

Mar 22 1936

Edited by ft88

And here is the Donald Duck prototype sheet in the last panel. Maybe a stretch?

Early appearance of Mickeys nephews and their mom Mrs Fieldmouse (Mickey's sister/aunt?). Nov 6 1932

mmdd9.jpg

Speaking of Gottfredson, am I the only one here who listened to his interview by Arn Saba (sp?) when the Comics Journal was running some audio archives on their website?

I was very impressed by Gottfredson. He came out as a very nice person from that interview, and he was very articulate. Very good stuff. Among what he discussed was what Ed is wondering about: his switchover first on the scripting then on the art on the strip.

I'm not just saying this to taunt people. I do have the MP3 files (large ~ 13Megs) for anyone interested.

Scrooge

Speaking of Gottfredson, am I the only one here who listened to his interview by Arn Saba (sp?) when the Comics Journal was running some audio archives on their website?

I was very impressed by Gottfredson. He came out as a very nice person from that interview, and he was very articulate. Very good stuff. Among what he discussed was what Ed is wondering about: his switchover first on the scripting then on the art on the strip.

I'm not just saying this to taunt people. I do have the MP3 files (large ~ 13Megs) for anyone interested.

Scrooge

thumbsup2.gif I'd love to get a copy of that.

Does anyone have a really nice FC 367 for sale? I have 3 copies and paid Don Rosa to do a color cover recreation that I'll put up when I get my card reader for my new Mac. It's gorgeous

keith

That baby is going to go very, very high...it's a 9.4 AND it's an execsec book!

Unfortunately, I think you're absolutely right. I think the chances of this book ending up in the US are very slim.

Congrats, psi! FC 408 was the first US Disney book I ever owned (although much lower grade). Beautiful book with a great cover!

> I think the chances of this book ending up in the US are very slim.

yeahok.gif

That baby is going to go very, very high...it's a 9.4 AND it's an execsec book!

Unfortunately, I think you're absolutely right. I think the chances of this book ending up in the US are very slim.

Are you predicting a Hong Kong home for this book? wink.gif

Holy moly...over $5,700 for the 9.4 FC 367!

On a sad note, I woke up at 5:30 AM to try and win that Donald Duck 60 (9.2) to lose it by $5.00 frown.gif My computer wasn't fast enough for me to outsnipe the sniper.

On a sad note, I woke up at 5:30 AM to try and win that Donald Duck 60 (9.2) to lose it by $5.00 frown.gif My computer wasn't fast enough for me to outsnipe the sniper.

Even if you had, it might not have beaten his max bid. gossip.gif

Even if you had, it might not have beaten his max bid. gossip.gif

Yeah, I know. frown.gif

I took a stab at that 8.0 223, too. I didn't want to go too high on it as I didn't like the writing on the front and back covers.