• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,432 posts in this topic

On 3/15/2023 at 10:32 AM, DavideD said:

And here another nice book from Barks, that I always loved, but it's not easy to find one at an affordable price: March of Comics 20.

This one missing a piece on front low-right and the back cover not great, however it can fill the hole for the time being.

MOC20.jpg

Looks great to me!

On 3/15/2023 at 11:12 AM, BitterOldMan said:

Bought and still have my Atom Bomb in the seventies.  Also have two copies of the Donald Duck Fun Kite book.:preach:

I found my Atom Bomb at a flea market. I got my kite book at an estate sale. Big collection of ‘50’s books. They had them priced “each”. I mixed it into the box. When the lady came to it, she just threw it in free because she thought it was a part of a comic. :banana:

On 3/20/2023 at 12:19 PM, Robot Man said:

Saw a similar copy of this just sell on the bay for close to 1K! I had no idea. But in two issues, it would become WDCS #1. 

commickeymousemagV5#11.jpg

It may be an ad, but the back cover is the “first appearance” of Daisy Duck, I think… 

On 3/20/2023 at 9:28 AM, dikran said:

It may be an ad, but the back cover is the “first appearance” of Daisy Duck, I think… 

Probably an ad and you could be right. Will have to pull out my copy and check.

I just suspect, it might be a lull harder to find since it was at the end of the run and WDCS #1 was already in the works when this came out. 

Still, the highest I think I have seen for a mid grade later issue of this title. 

On 3/20/2023 at 12:31 PM, Robot Man said:

Probably an ad and you could be right. Will have to pull out my copy and check.

I just suspect, it might be a lull harder to find since it was at the end of the run and WDCS #1 was already in the works when this came out. 

Still, the highest I think I have seen for a mid grade later issue of this title. 

There was a nice one on Heritage a couple months ago, went for a song and I shoulda bought it :pullhair: woulda been a nice upgrade from my 6.5. Hawaiian Holiday is my favorite Disney short…