• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New podcast/video from Felix Comic Art (UPDATED 1/3/17!)
6 6

1,651 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, delekkerste said:

@Nexus Had a great time recording this one with you, Lambert and Andy!  Already getting some nice positive feedback from people - I think people appreciate hearing what others are thinking/hearing in this unprecedented and often bewildering environment we find ourselves in!

BTW, as some have remarked to me, I haven't been posting as much on the CGC Boards as I used to.  I am, however, posting (almost) daily on Instagram (@collections_gp).  It's more weighted towards sports cards & memorabilia, but, probably 15-20% of it is comic books, comic art, Dungeons & Dragons, 1st edition books, non-sports cards and other pop culture items - give it a look if it sounds like it may be of interest! 

Thanks for sharing the IG link. Definitely needs more DnD posts ;)

10 hours ago, Nexus said:

New episode of The Felix Comic Art Podcast is UP! With guest DINESH SHAMDASANI! Perhaps the craziest collector to come into the hobby in years. Hear the REAL story behind the ULTIMATE FALLOUT #4 (1st Miles Morales) deal! And more! Thanks Dinesh! Enjoy!

http://www.felixcomicart.com/podcastdetail.asp?pId=50

I already listened to this Felix and really enjoyed it. I've never met Dinesh but he seems like a really nice guy and is into OA for all the right reasons. Definitely someone I could hang out with and talk art!

I really liked the part (around 26 minutes in) where Dinesh says he was embarrassed to put up some pieces on CAF because "they're such pieces of trash".  Everyone has guilty pleasures, I think we'd love to see some of it.

Edited by Will_K

4 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

The only trash art I have in my collection is...stuff I worked on. :sorry:I didn't have to pay money for it, and it's not worth enough to bother selling. So I own some real dogs.

On average, how many pages per month do you ink? And how many years exactly have you been inking for?

On 8/17/2021 at 8:23 AM, Nexus said:
If you're a member of Comic Art Fans, then you know the name "Marcus Wai".
 join us TODAY for a LIVE CHAT with Marcus!:

Felix Comic Art Chat with MARCUS WAI (8/17/21)

Chat starts at 4PM PDT/7PM PDT! Ask Marcus anything and/or talk about anything related to our great hobby. It'll be a blast, see you soon!

Felix
www.felixcomicart.com

I think u mean the chat starts today at 4 p.m. PDT or 7 p.m. 'Eastern Standard Time.'

New podcast episode will be dropping soon, but in the meantime, I've started a new series on my YouTube channel: UNBOXING / ART SHOW.

Each episode, I open up packages that I've gotten in the mail from the artists. So the audience gets to see it all for the first time, alongside me. This is a livestream, and viewers can participate in the chat. It's been a lot of fun.

We also do a segment where I, or a guest, show off art from our collection that has not been shared before. So a peek at pieces that haven't been on CAF and would not have been seen otherwise.

Check it out on my YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/FelixComicArt/videos

We have some other plans with collectors in sharing their art on the show in the coming months. There's a ton of stuff that most art fans haven't seen before. Stay tuned!