• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STAR WARS : The Force Awakens SPOILER Discussion

1,010 posts in this topic

Great movie! Very disappointed Han died as well but I should think Harrison Ford wanted to be done with the franchise. Kinda saw that coming though but I think it will make the future movies a little less enjoyable as Han really was this movie. Didn't care for Finn too much and was kinda hoping Kylo killed him but knew they wouldn't do that.

Was hoping Boba Fett would show up in some way. I just read Daniel Craig played the stormtrooper that let Rey go. That's pretty cool.

You got to wonder how that lightsaber turned up cause Luke dropped that in Cloud City in ESB. Obviously someone found it but you know Luke has to be thrown when he sees it.

Rey is either a Skywalker, or Obi Wan's daughter. I have foreseen it.

Obi Wan? lol

Rey might be 20 years old. Obi Wan died 34 years earlier... and probably wasn't getting much in the Tattooine desert.

Some say Old Ben's force ghost still haunts the brothels of Mos Eisley.

Rey is Luke's daughter.

I am still 99% sure Rey fought her brother in Episode VII.

I thought the interaction between Rey and Han in the Falcon proved that.

It doesn't make sense for Luke to have a daughter.

It wouldn't make me hate that twist, but it a seems Rey was hidden by Lei after Kylo (Ben) went nuts.

She even acted like a smuggler like Han in the beginning.

Luke probably cleared her mind then they dropped her off on jakku.

Again, WHY? Why drop her off at a hostile desert to fend for herself while Leia hangs out running the Resistance and Han is busy being a pirate? The fact that Ben turned is not enough to explain it. It DOES make sense why Luke would push her away.

Again, WHY? Why drop her off at a hostile desert to fend for herself while Leia hangs out running the Resistance and Han is busy being a pirate? The fact that Ben turned is not enough to explain it. It DOES make sense why Luke would push her away.

I just think Luke having a kid is kinda lame.

Who did he bang? (shrug)

Also why would Luke not have children? 1) Luke was not a part of the Jedi Order. 2) Yoda never said anything about it. The Jedi Code is a Prequels thing. It does not apply to Luke.

Again who did he bang?

I am not understanding why anyone would wants this to be true.

It makes the SW story stupid.

Who did he bang? (shrug)

Mara Jade. GOTTA be, also explains why she is such an accomplished smuggler/techie.

Who did he bang? (shrug)

Mara Jade. GOTTA be, also explains why she is such an accomplished smuggler/techie.

That would be so incredible. I am leaning more towards Rey being a nobody who turns into somebody. And Luke dropped her off at Jakku to protect her from Kylo and the Knights. Maybe Rey was a student of Luke's cause he felt she was a very strong Force sensitive, and to protect her he fled and hid her. I like that better but anyways it goes is fine with me. I can't wait to see it again tonight. :whee:

Also why would Luke not have children? 1) Luke was not a part of the Jedi Order. 2) Yoda never said anything about it. The Jedi Code is a Prequels thing. It does not apply to Luke.

Again who did he bang?

What is stupid about a grown man having children?

Again who did he bang?

What is stupid about a grown man having children?

I think the stupid aspect of this is the one you're replying to...

Rey is either a Skywalker, or Obi Wan's daughter. I have foreseen it.

Obi Wan? lol

Rey might be 20 years old. Obi Wan died 34 years earlier... and probably wasn't getting much in the Tattooine desert.

Yeah, okay, you're correct. Granddaughter, then. But, yeah, she's probably a Skywalker.

One of the problems with the Jedi before Order 66 was that they were too rigid. Luke would understand this when founding the new Jedi order, and he would probably abolish the rule that Jedi cannot marry/have relationships.

Saw it this morning at 10am. Theater was packed -- this movie is going to make a gazillion dollars.

As for the movie...I have mixed feelings right now. Everything seemed so convenient, no clear reasons why Ben Solo hates his parents so much. I guess we can wait a few years for more backstory but that is never a great way to introduce characters IMO. It did feel like Abrams was lacking in originality with many of the scenes and themes being plucked directly from A New Hope. If it's not broke don't fix it I guess.

I think many fans will be pleased with this film and the pacing and acting were on point compared to the bad taste the prequels left everyone with. But I do give Lucas a little more credit now in trying to craft a different story with episodes 1,2 and 3. I feel anyone could have came up with the cookie cutter film Disney just presented us.

8 out of 10