• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STAR WARS : The Force Awakens SPOILER Discussion

1,010 posts in this topic

I'm still thinking its a good possibility Snoke is Darth Plagueis. Heck he even looks a bit like the figure. And his face/head looks all battle damaged. As if he survived death.

https://search.yahoo.com/search/?p=Darth_Plagueis+figure&fr=spigot-chr-ffmac&type=808263&ilc=12&ei=UTF8

Plagueis isn't canon anymore, so Snoke is...Snoke.

Since when is Plagueis not canon????

Even though Disney announced what is there "true cannon" are going forward I still think if a Star Wars logo is on the product it is all cannon that can be cherry picked for these movies.

In the books or comic books I forget which Ben was the name of Luke's kid so for this movie they used Ben for the name of Han's kid.

I think JJ took some stuff from Dark Horse Dark Empire as well.

I am telling you guys Rey is Emperor palpatine's....just you guys watch. :preach:

Parts of VII is pulled from the gutted canon, so yea I agree. But Plagueis is from III and III is Canon.

I'm still thinking its a good possibility Snoke is Darth Plagueis. Heck he even looks a bit like the figure. And his face/head looks all battle damaged. As if he survived death.

https://search.yahoo.com/search/?p=Darth_Plagueis+figure&fr=spigot-chr-ffmac&type=808263&ilc=12&ei=UTF8

Even though Disney announced what is there "true cannon" are going forward I still think if a Star Wars logo is on the product it is all cannon that can be cherry picked for these movies.

In the books or comic books I forget which Ben was the name of Luke's kid so for this movie they used Ben for the name of Han's kid.

I am telling you guys Rey is Emperor palpatine's....just you guys watch. :preach:

Parts of VII is pulled from the gutted canon, so yea I agree. But Plagueis is from III and III is Canon.

Yes and I am reading the book now.

Snoke is obviously Darth Plagueis.

To me the real plot twist will be who Rey's parents are.

Yes and I am reading the book now.

Snoke is obviously Darth Plagueis.

To me the real plot twist will be who Rey's parents are.

I just saw it again for the second time. I tried to pay attention to the music cues more and noticed there are parts when Luke's theme is played when there's a close up of Rey, so I'm inclined to believe Rey is Luke's daughter. Don't care either way. It would be awesome if she was Palpatine's also.

Also, at the end Luke is, and this is pure speculation, standing by a shrine maybe? Maybe Rey's makeshift tombstone, and him turning around to see his dead/missing daughter before him makes this scene so much more powerful.

plagueis was mention in revenge of the sith. i do think snoke is plagueis that survive death an went into hiding to see how his apprentice does has head sith.

Rey's transition from no Force to Force-user was way, way to quick. Felt rushed.

I hated how Rey and Finn just picked up a lightsaber and were able to stand against Kylo. He might not be a master, but he spent enough time training with Luke to be able to successfully destroy everything Luke built, which I assume means killing the other students. However two people that have never had any force training can put up a fight instead of just being struck down. They spent 6 movies and almost 40 years explaining that you need to be trained in how to use the force, but now we have two people picking up a lightsaber and holding there own against someone who received training from possibly the greatest Jedi of all time.

I think taken at face value, can see why this would be a little frustrating. I felt the same way until I got to think about this. Finn could maybe be related to

Mace Windu. Or Lando. I'm leaning towards Mace which would establish his bloodline to the force.

This could account for his ability to wield the lightsaber with very little effort.

But to be fair, he got his handed to him by Kylo. Rey seems barely be able to hold her own until she closes her eyes and uses the force.

I found this article : JJ on Midi-chlorians

where JJ gives his thoughts on Midi-chlorians and I really feel like the work around to Lucas rules is found in the comic book Shattered Empire.

Here we see

Luke take Poe Dameron's mom to take back a pair of trees from the Empire. He gives one to her, she retires with her husband on Yavin-4 where they plant the tree. So Poe grows up with a force tree in his backyard, which could explain his piloting skill.

The gist being, and the workaround to Lucas rules, is you don't need to be of a certain bloodline or necessarily have a high MC count to wield the force now.

You just need long term exposure to an object with a super high concentration of the Force to be Force sensitive. Dunno, I am by no means a SW guru just offering up some possibilities.

All in all, I loved the movie and think its a soft reboot/remake for a new generation. Disney is not going to disregard all prequel canon but I don't think they will confine themselves so much that they can't tell a good story either. They're going to cherry pick the good and kinda ignore the lame/bad.

Quick question for the gurus: so the new bad guys are not Sith ? I thought only Sith and Jedi had the rundown on the Force.

i think Maz Kanata said something like she seen the dark side take different names from sith, empire and now the first order.

Now you all are in trouble.

Harrison Ford to People Posting Star Wars: The Force Awakens Spoilers: STOP THAT!

Han Solo doesn't think you're funny, or clever, or doing anything remotely cool, you Thrawn and Yuuzhan Vong addicts. Your books and comics and video games still exist and you can re-experience them any time you want. So, as Ford said, "Stop that."

:fear:

If only the insufficiently_thoughtful_person who spoiled it for me 6 hours before i saw it after managing to avoid spoilers all year could have listened. There will always be aholes online who get a kick out of ruining it for other people. The only thing i miss about the pre-internet world :(

Really?

Because only one opinion is allowed here....

The board exists because like-minded people have a passion and love for something. If someone doesn't...why are they here? Specifically, why are they posting in here?

I'm glad the haters are in the very, very, very, VERY small minority on this film. I haven't expressed my thoughts on it yet, but I was pretty emotional throughout for reasons even I didn't expect.

???

Are my eyes broken? Are we actually on boards.starwarsloversonly,starwarshaters****off-society.com?

Star Wars is just another movie (or series of movies). It certainly has nothing to do with a passion and love for comics or coins - you know, the actual reason this board exists.

Max Von Sydow was Lor San Tekka. Tekka is a member of the Church of the Force, a religion of people who follow the Jedi order, hence why he had the final piece of the map. Again it wasn't coordinates, it was the location of the first Jedi temple, known only to those who followed the Jedi faith.

The movie was great for all the reasons expressed here. I did, however, think the scene with Luke was a little strange. The lengthy pause with him staring at Ren seemed too long and, IMO, was odd.

I do have some questions for the gurus. How long was the Falcon on Jakku and why was Han in Jakku space when Ren and Finn escaped the planet?

The pause lasted way too long at the end...it seemed uncomfortable....I can understand dramatic effect but that was so silly my wife started laughing. Oh and Carrie fisher was so very wooden...I don't think I noticed her arms or legs moving once .

Han was in the system, not in Jakku space. And he was hauling the aliens as a means of paying off his debts. The debts where why he no longer had the Falcon, as he lost it and then it got stolen till it ended up on Jakku. We're assuming 5-10 years it was on Jakku, since he didn't turn back to smuggling until after Ben turned and he and Leia broke up.

Also. I would pay SOOOO much money if the Blue Ray contained an outtake scene of Han and Leia recreating this scene.

I don't think it's been mentioned here , but did anyone notice the lighting/cinematography in the kylo/Han scene on the bridge?

As they are speaking face to face and speaking to his inner conflict and when he begins to hand Han his saber half of his face is lit in the red light of the interior of the building, and of every Sith saber. The other half of his face is lit blue. The color of his grandfather's original saber, the predominant color associated with his Jedi family line.

Then the sun is extinguished, as is the blue light. He is lit only in red before he kills his father. It's a subtle move but I believe JJ was trying to demonstrate the last flickering bit of light inside of him before the dark takes over.

It was a nice touch inside a really tough scene.