• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Collectors Thread: pickups, trades, WTBs, collection pics, etc.
1 1

218 posts in this topic

I'll post up some of the Atari collection I used to have. Right now I just have a 2600 heavy-sixer with about 40 games that I still enjoy playing, but nothing packaged anymore save for a sealed later-release Superman cart.

collection1.jpg

collection2.jpg

collection3.jpg

collection4.jpg

collection5.jpg

collection6.jpg

chuckwagon.jpg

boing.jpg

deathtrap.jpg

This is the TV I have my 2600 set up on now...$5 at a thrift store. :)

tv1.jpg

A few more rare carts...

imagic1.jpg

lasergates.jpg

qbertsqubes.jpg

smurfssavetheday.jpg

threshold.jpg

hangman.jpg

All boxed versions of Superman (lower right is the one I still own, it's sealed), including the mail-in wallet...

supermen.jpg

...and the pride & joy highlight of my collection that I stupidly sold and have never been able to find again since. It's a promo poster for the unreleased Hulk game by Parker Brothers. :(

hulk-1.jpg

Edited by Chip Cataldo

Being into comics, I remember playing a cheesey Nintendo Superman game for NES. Not the Death and Return one, the one before. I remember him spinning around to go subterranean. Good times. I also remember getting Metriod for NES and thought what a great game that was with all of the hidden rooms with the awesome weapons.

The game that really blew me away was FF1. I couldn't figure out how to play the damn thing for about a day and then it clicked. It was groundbreaking for me. :cloud9:

SupermanNES.jpg

Nice games (and foot)!

FF II (IV) -- very awesome.

Earthbound?

No Earthbound (yet). That thing is pricey complete in box!

Never played it as a kid, but I have heard it is awesome.

I missed Earthbound, too. My friend got me into RPGs with FF III (VI) and then I went back and played II (IV). Played Mystic Quest, but somehow missed Earthbound. :P

Been trying to find a good (i.e. not on the computer) way to play it since then. Will have to see how easy/difficult it is to setup on the Wii.

I noticed that Chrono Trigger is conspicuously missing from your list. If you've missed that, you should play that before Earthbound, it is one of the best RPG's ever and the best SNES RPG.

I have a copy (it's in the pics somewhere) and it is indeed a great game.

Chrono Trigger was the one with the dog sidekick, wasn't it?

probably thinking of this?

soecover.jpg

Picked this up just last weekend. Played some Duck Hunt for the first time in forever.

20151223_140743_zps1cwky2f4.jpg

Here is my Zelda stuff. Need that Zelda Classic NES box now.

20151223_140754_zpsb07i8cn2.jpg

And the bookcase...

20151222_162715_zpsu2rjaojt.jpg

I have Nintendo Power 1-100+ and some other goodies, but for games, that is the main stuff.

PS October, thanks for starting this thread. Posts about the collectible side of video games just get lost in the gameplay discussions on the general vg thread.

Seconded, glad to have the thread. Bronty... at some point you will have to do some showing off. You have some crazy stuff for sure.

PS October, thanks for starting this thread. Posts about the collectible side of video games just get lost in the gameplay discussions on the general vg thread.

Seconded, glad to have the thread. Bronty... at some point you will have to do some showing off. You have some crazy stuff for sure.

If games were buildings, my collection would be the camping tent next to his Empire State Building.

Picked this up just last weekend. Played some Duck Hunt for the first time in forever.

20151223_140743_zps1cwky2f4.jpg

What is that? Looks like exactly what I need for my retro consoles.

I like the Zelda group. :applause: Will scan a few Zelda related things in the next few days.

Nice games (and foot)!

FF II (IV) -- very awesome.

Earthbound?

No Earthbound (yet). That thing is pricey complete in box!

Never played it as a kid, but I have heard it is awesome.

I missed Earthbound, too. My friend got me into RPGs with FF III (VI) and then I went back and played II (IV). Played Mystic Quest, but somehow missed Earthbound. :P

Been trying to find a good (i.e. not on the computer) way to play it since then. Will have to see how easy/difficult it is to setup on the Wii.

It is an exact port on the Wii or Wii U and totally worth it!

Pretty easy to setup once you create an account and either add a credit card or buy redeemable points.

Two want lists, two requests for Castlevania Dracula X. What's the going rate on a loose cartridge?

Close to $200.

For those of you who don't know, there is an amazing site that tracks game sales GPA style, and it's free. Great resource. It also lists prices for cart, complete and sealed separately.

http://videogames.pricecharting.com

Two want lists, two requests for Castlevania Dracula X. What's the going rate on a loose cartridge?

Close to $200.

For those of you who don't know, there is an amazing site that tracks game sales GPA style, and it's free. Great resource. It also lists prices for cart, complete and sealed separately.

http://videogames.pricecharting.com

Good tip Andy (thumbs u

PSA for those not familiar with the site:

All variants and conditions are lumped into a single data pool and averaged. That's fine for loose carts but not so great for cib and sealed where condition and or variant could make hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of difference.

For loose carts though, it's great although the same applies - all averaged into a single pool - all conditions, all sellers, etc