• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Collectors Thread: pickups, trades, WTBs, collection pics, etc.
1 1

218 posts in this topic

Still broken on this end.

GNG was mentioned; its one of my favorites. Here's my copy. The only sealed true first print that's hit the market as of yet, also the high census copy so its the confluence of extremely rare and extremely high grade sealed :cloud9:

'cardboard hangtab' versions like this denote a production date no later than sept. 87.

usually with sealed copies, when you can find them what you see are rev a copies (post mar 88), or once in a good while a 'non rev a' copy (predates mar 88 but postdates sept 87).

These true first print copies are just never found sealed, they toy was too hot, too new, everybody opened these.

3291cb90-db82-49ab-83e1-3a1725b54c0d_zpssuinxwga.jpg

GNG was mentioned; its one of my favorites. Here's my copy. The only sealed true first print that's hit the market as of yet, also the high census copy so its the confluence of extremely rare and extremely high grade sealed :cloud9:

'cardboard hangtab' versions like this denote a production date no later than sept. 87.

usually with sealed copies, when you can find them what you see are rev a copies (post mar 88), or once in a good while a 'non rev a' copy (predates mar 88 but postdates sept 87).

These true first print copies are just never found sealed, they toy was too hot, too new, everybody opened these.

Impressive. I'm always on the verge to jump into the graded games market but I get cold feet. Is there a comparable site to the CGC boards but for games? Selling, trading and information accessible in a message board community?

Yes,

For Nintendo the best site is nintendoage (biased perhaps as Im a mod there but I don't think it's a contest), for Atari it's atariage, there's also sealed game heaven, very much a niche site with a euro focus but very worthwhile for certain things . For general there's also digital press which used to be a big hub 10 years but the owner of the site got sick and the Nintendo guys peeled away to nintendoage

Tiny pool. It depends on what you're talking about, but that's really the easy answer. The old stuff is either in Japan or destroyed and everything from 95 up was digital. So anything that is actually out there is special

How many of the original art covers actually exist anymore? I know you are heavy into the scene and it is a fairly small pool (I think?).

Some of the Atari paintings are out there and can be had, but they're very very pricey.

What pieces and prices you're talking about? I hope you're not referring to the Star Wars logo painting that was on atariage. A friend owns defender; a few are out there. But they are the exception . Even the "original art" at the Atari museum are in fact vintage prints

What pieces and prices you're talking about? I hope you're not referring to the Star Wars logo painting that was on atariage. A friend owns defender; a few are out there. But they are the exception. Even the "original art" at the Atari museum are in fact vintage prints

When I was hardcore collecting I believe the Othello, 3D Tic-Tac-Toe and Bowling artwork were all sold during that time. I can't attest to now since I'm out of the loop, but back then those were ones that were available had someone been able to pony up the 5-figures.

Don't think it was bowling (you're probably thinking of berzerk) but I know the owner of the other two well. They aren't available to buy anymore and haven't been for a long time. But yes, at least two of those exist.

:o(worship):applause: that is AWESOME!!!

It's cliche but zelda sealed would be my personal top want ljst. I just don't want to spend the dough.

I mout enjoy the hunt but at this point itS hard to find stuff. I am not a completionist nor do I have a wide reach to other systems. I go out and find stuff to sell to subsidize or trade. That's less fun for me.

Well, if you have any long term desire for one, Id get one before you regret it. They're not getting cheaper. I bought ten doubles for 125ea back in the day but sold them around 300 ea and put it into who knows what. Those were the days

Merry Xmas everyone

Don't think it was bowling (you're probably thinking of berzerk) but I know the owner of the other two well. They aren't available to buy anymore and haven't been for a long time. But yes, at least two of those exist.

I'm talking about like 10 years ago at least. I know which ones exist (that I've seen, anyway). :)

Edited by Chip Cataldo

Well, if you have any long term desire for one, Id get one before you regret it. They're not getting cheaper. I bought ten doubles for 125ea back in the day but sold them around 300 ea and put it into who knows what. Those were the days

Merry Xmas everyone

This.

I don't really deal with the older systems, but even the newer gen stuff has risen greatly in prices. There are freakin Gamecube games that costs hundreds ungraded.