• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Potential Comic Art Fans Scam Alert

199 posts in this topic

I attribute the growth trend by year to the simple fact that CAF exposed a great number of people over a few short years to either start to collect original art, or having a place to enjoy or share it. It coincides with the explosion in comic art prices as well. Like I mentioned, we still get over 200k unique people each month on CAF, and 55% + visits are from returning people - so a very regular loyal viewership. We still get 20+ signups every day so it isn't like it isn't growing.

Where can I find my CAF#? I joined in 2003 though I haven't been very active the last few years.

Navigate to your gallery - I believe people are quoting the gcat number in the url, which is probably a pretty good assumption.

andy - #345

Surprised by the numbers, as well. What percentage of registered members have galleries?

Thanks for sharing, Bill, this data is incredible. And of course, thanks for all you do with CAF and congrats on building the definitive site for the hobby.

#9754 (premium member since Dec. 2005)

Well for anyone who wants an update on my situation with the Hildebrandt they answered my request for a tracking number and they sent "something" out on Tuesday priority mail. I check the tracking number and it reaches my post office but it says it's undeliverable. I call the post office and they say that the writing is illegible on it and I am going after work to check it out. When I email Julie about it she says that they needed more time to think and that they don't want to sell it for so cheap and that they are issuing a refund. So.... did they mail the painting only to assume it would be sent back to them? Did they mail an empty box? Why mail anything? This is almost a comedy at this point.

Well for anyone who wants an update on my situation with the Hildebrandt they answered my request for a tracking number and they sent "something" out on Tuesday priority mail. I check the tracking number and it reaches my post office but it says it's undeliverable. I call the post office and they say that the writing is illegible on it and I am going after work to check it out. When I email Julie about it she says that they needed more time to think and that they don't want to sell it for so cheap and that they are issuing a refund. So.... did they mail the painting only to assume it would be sent back to them? Did they mail an empty box? Why mail anything? This is almost a comedy at this point.

They're a joke is what they are.

Keep us posted as to what the hell is in this package.

Anyone from now on who deals with this individual (the seller that is) should have their head examined.

Edited by pemart1966

:facepalm:

They're a joke is what they are.

Keep us posted as to what the hell is in this package.

Anyone from now on who deals with this individual (the seller that is) should have their head examined.

I hope they have improved their packing, over 15 years ago I bought a few pieces from them including X-Men #30 cover. Two poorly packed items one was the cover which when I picked it up I heard broken glass. Amazed they are still in business.

Save everything, print it off, and go talk to your county attorney about any charges you can file.

OK, so I go to the post office and it is as expected, an empty envelope that cost $7 to mail that has a different street number and slightly different name. I would love to know what the point of all this was. Why spend money to mail out something to buy 2 days time and then refund my money anyway (assuming that goes through)? I am guessing they thought I wouldn't do my due diligence with the post office and it would go missing for a time or get returned to them like what happened with AnkurJ but still what do they gain?

If this was an insurance scam then they should've delivered a large empty box to my address that has to be signed for and then it would be a he says/she says thing. If anybody could come up with a theory as to what their motivation behind this whole thing would be I would love to hear it because the scam aspect just doesn't make sense, I think they are just crazy.

If the envelope had a tracking number then they will have "proof" of delivery.

Did you get a refund?

Brian: he isn't talking about the Hildebrandt gallery, but the scammer which was the topic of this post.

Not yet, it just happened today.

As for the proof there was no signature confirmation, it was to a different name and address and it even listed in the tracking number on the USPS website that it was undeliverable as addressed and would be returned to sender.

By the way this is who they are if you want to be on the lookout.

https://www.instagram.com/supergirlbatgirlravager/

Part of the reason I went ahead with the deal in the first place is they have 6000 likes on facebook and 4000 followers on instagram (although they are also following 4000 people so there is probably some spoofing or BS here). I figured they wouldn't want to put their hat "business" in jeopardy lol.