• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Comiclink auction thread, post 'em if you got 'em

1,141 posts in this topic

I was liking this book but couldn't tell if the right edge was tanning or the oil slick effect. It seemed to me the new slabs did ok in terms of GPA prices but a few like this FF 25 went cheap (a 7.5 went for pretty much the same cost)

Fantastic%20Four%2025%20CGC%20New_zpsenpvpuht.jpg

I watched a book go for $200 less than GPA, and $200 less than I just bought it for. :(
Focus, grasshopper. (tsk)

Do like the rest of us, make up for the loss with volume. My master plan is when they hit zero I'll buy them all.

I spent more than I thought I would this auction on non ASM stuff... (Didn't win any ASM stuff actually...)

But...

I took home two books tonight and called it an evening. Thought I did pretty well on one of them.

My one and only win.

ASM%2015%20CGC%207.0%20507.jpg

This was a very sharp book and one that caught my eye. It presents a bit stronger than a 7.0 in my opinion and that is not because of the old label.

As I predicted, I went winless on prehero Marvels despite bidding fairly strongly on several. Any auction that rich usually attracts too many bidders. I'm ok saving my money this month, it feels better that overbidder remorse.

As I predicted, I went winless on prehero Marvels despite bidding fairly strongly on several. Any auction that rich usually attracts too many bidders. I'm ok saving my money this month, it feels better that overbidder remorse.

I wanted the JIM 53, but it went far too high for me.

I was the underbidder on the National 16, so struck out.

Selling went better than expected though, so that was nice.

That ASM 15 was Nice, I was one of the under bidders.

Interesting the price of the 6.5 ASM 6 was $150 more than 7.0? I thought it presented better personally but the colors on the 7 looked much richer.

I wanted the JIM 53, but it went far too high for me.

I was the underbidder on the National 16, so struck out.

Selling went better than expected though, so that was nice.

I kind of stumbled into this one. Always loved the cover.

RADC601E2016415_122414_zpsf03yiyak.jpg

My two wins

Superman3cgc60.jpg

Nice snag! For such an iconic book, I thought it went low. i think the Newton rings on the new slab make the cover look worse than it is.