• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Comiclink auction thread, post 'em if you got 'em

1,141 posts in this topic

Some of those high grade Lois Lanes and Jimmy's closed at the cost of slabbing only. I wish I had gotten in on them.

Wow - you were not kidding. Some of the high grade 12 cent Jimmy Olsens went for less then grading cost. Those books don't seem to be easy to find in over 9.0.

Some of those high grade Lois Lanes and Jimmy's closed at the cost of slabbing only. I wish I had gotten in on them.

Wow - you were not kidding. Some of the high grade 12 cent Jimmy Olsens went for less then grading cost. Those books don't seem to be easy to find in over 9.0.

Not always easy to find customers for a lot of books either, especially non-key mid-run books from more lightly collected series. The people who want them have to see the auction and bid.

slab market must be in the tank, i'm 3 for 7.

Can we get a little context on this? Do you mean 3 of 7 super lowball bids have come in? That's the only read I can make on your comment that equates to low prices.

He's saying that he's finally won a few books so there must be something wrong with the market.

It's sarcasm and people took his post as prophetic.

In this day and internet age of 'helicopter values' if a book doesn't increase from one auction to the next it's 'falling'. People need to relax. lol

+1. I wish the market was softer, I would have won the Detective 411 I wanted, plus others! :cry:

slab market must be in the tank, i'm 3 for 7.

Can we get a little context on this? Do you mean 3 of 7 super lowball bids have come in? That's the only read I can make on your comment that equates to low prices.

He's saying that he's finally won a few books so there must be something wrong with the market.

It's sarcasm and people took his post as prophetic.

In this day and internet age of 'helicopter values' if a book doesn't increase from one auction to the next it's 'falling'. People need to relax. lol

+1. I wish the market was softer, I would have won the Detective 411 I wanted, plus others! :cry:

WOW - that one did incredible. Almost double last GPA sale. It does look to be a fantastic copy.

I didn't pick up anything, but I did see some interesting prices in strange tales keys

a pedigree Strange tales 110 9.4 went for $34,000. the last one of these I saw at auction went for 50,000. I would have bid if i could have afforded it...

on the other hand a pedigree Strange tales 115 9.4 went for $6,600. The last one I saw went for 4700, so big jump there.

Everyone and they momma slabbed a copy of Strange Tales 110 within the last year or so. Leads to a flooded market with a character that isn't even close to being as popular as the other Marvel cinematic heroes. I would expect for sales to continue to drop on that book after the movie comes and goes.

I'm hoping momma slabbed a copy since I never found one for a good price :sorry:

Everyone and they momma slabbed a copy of Strange Tales 110 within the last year or so. Leads to a flooded market with a character that isn't even close to being as popular as the other Marvel cinematic heroes and the book has the worst cover of all the SA keys. I would expect for sales to continue to drop on that book after the movie comes and goes.

You forgot an important point.

Nice hauls everyone!

Grabbed the only one I wanted last night and it fits with the Strange Tales theme:

st_74_zpshvjfjidx.jpg

Mysterio : really nice PHM additions! Got my eyes on 1 more tonight. Of course I'm just trying to "dollar cost average" the shipping fees (it's not like I have a problem) :)

-bc

Nice hauls everyone!

Grabbed the only one I wanted last night and it fits with the Strange Tales theme:

st_74_zpshvjfjidx.jpg

Mysterio : really nice PHM additions! Got my eyes on 1 more tonight. Of course I'm just trying to "dollar cost average" the shipping fees (it's not like I have a problem) :)

-bc

Great pickup! I had my eye on that one too, but it just wasn't in the cards for me to go after it with my other wins. Glad you got it!

Nice hauls everyone! :wishluck:

st_74_zpshvjfjidx.jpg

-bc

Nice grab. I actually thought of you when I saw all the pre hero books when I checked out the results. Hope you get the one tonight :wishluck:

st_74_zpshvjfjidx.jpg

-bc

Nice grab. I actually thought of you when I saw all the pre hero books when I checked out the results. Hope you get the one tonight :wishluck:

Thanks and mission accomplished:

tta_22_zps93ms9a0l.jpg

On to football and beer - good luck all!

-bc

st_74_zpshvjfjidx.jpg

-bc

Thanks and mission accomplished:

tta_22_zps93ms9a0l.jpg

On to football and beer - good luck all!

-bc

:applause: