• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

Someone's about to get a good deal on a winter soldier #1...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301908818461?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

-J.

Spine...tick...tick...tick. Listed as a F+

It was pretty beat up...

Ended up selling for $225.... :o

-J.

That is a lot for a mid-grade modern variant that isn't "that" rare...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301908818461?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

-J.

It was pretty beat up...

-J.

hm Hard to say. Were there likely a ton of stores ordering 50+ copies of the regular cover to get one of these back in 2012? Probably not.

Have some sellers sold off some copies when the price spiked? Definitely. That's par for the course.

From what I'm seeing though, when these dry up, they'll dry up. Even now there's only a couple left on eBay. And with that black front cover a 9.8 on any copy will be tough.

-J.

-J.

It was pretty beat up...

-J.

hm Hard to say. Were there likely a ton of stores ordering 50+ copies of the regular cover to get one of these back in 2012? Probably not.

Have some sellers sold off some copies when the price spiked? Definitely. That's par for the course.

From what I'm seeing though, when these dry up, they'll dry up. Even now there's only a couple left on eBay. And with that black front cover a 9.8 on any copy will be tough.

-J.

Maybe.

My concern isn't that Dell'Otto is drawing strong sales recently, his art is great. What concerns me is that there is only so much of a market and the long term viability of modern variants is unproven. While I want to jump in on more of his books, at some point in my life I will need to sell my collection (or at least part of it) and I worry about the value here. At $50-$100 bucks for a high-grade great cover I am all in, +$200 for a mid-grade copy and I lose confidence quickly. After-all, the perceived rarity is driving silly prices for these with huge gains in short periods of time. That just screams bubble to me...

It is a great book, but it is likely seeing more action due to Captain America Civil War and I don't think Winter Soldier is a character to bet on long-term. :shrug:

That said I will still collect my personal favorite high grade copies, but I won't extend beyond that like I would if the prices were more consistent.

-J.

It was pretty beat up...

-J.

-J.

Maybe.

My concern isn't that Dell'Otto is drawing strong sales recently, his art is great. What concerns me is that there is only so much of a market and the long term viability of modern variants is unproven. While I want to jump in on more of his books, at some point in my life I will need to sell my collection (or at least part of it) and I worry about the value here. At $50-$100 bucks for a high-grade great cover I am all in, +$200 for a mid-grade copy and I lose confidence quickly. After-all, the perceived rarity is driving silly prices for these with huge gains in short periods of time. That just screams bubble to me...

It is a great book, but it is likely seeing more action due to Captain America Civil War and I don't think Winter Soldier is a character to bet on long-term. :shrug:

That said I will still collect my personal favorite high grade copies, but I won't extend beyond that like I would if the prices were more consistent.

I didn't consider that the movie would really be driving it. But maybe ? If Cap does die and Bucky takes over, that could make things interesting.

It is definitely my personal favourite Winter Soldier cover regardless. The fact that it's also issue #1 of his first solo/ongoing title may give it additional significance to some collectors as well.

-J.

scan0082.jpg

scan0083.jpg

Guess I am celebrating Dell'Otto too.

The Uncanny is a good candidate if pressed, that 2nd print New Avengers though, will be stupid tough in 9.8.

We know of at least one lucky guy with one! (not me)

Nice pair ! The lighting effects on that Avengers really are sick.

-J.

-J.

It was pretty beat up...

-J.

-J.

Maybe.

I didn't consider that the movie would really be driving it. But maybe ? If Cap does die and Bucky takes over, that could make things interesting.

It is definitely my personal favourite Winter Soldier cover regardless. The fact that it's also issue #1 of his first solo/ongoing title may give it additional significance to some collectors as well.

-J.

It is definitely the best Winter Soldier copy I have seen (although not much competition on this character). However, I do place it below many of his other copies like the Wonder Man above, many Spider-Man covers and X-23 among others (his Hulk is pretty epic as well).

Still $200 for a mid-grade copy is crazy. Slabbed 9.8 and I could see more action. It was almost double the Avengers slabbed cover that sold last week and I thought that art was better, personally.

My favorite in the thread I can't find is the Batman/Joker cover or the Iron Fist (plenty for sale, none in NM or better grade).

-J.

It was pretty beat up...

-J.

-J.

I have had 3 copies of Winter Soldier 1 none above fn+. I sold 2 copies earlier this month. This will be a tough book in 9.8

scan0082.jpg

scan0083.jpg

Guess I am celebrating Dell'Otto too.

The Uncanny is a good candidate if pressed, that 2nd print New Avengers though, will be stupid tough in 9.8.

We know of at least one lucky guy with one! (not me)

:hi:

Seeing how an unslabbed NM copy can be had for under $20, I'd say it will last pretty long.

They made sooooo many of these, considering it's a 1:25 (?). At first I was ecstatic I found 2 at my LCS; then I checked eBay...

Seeing how an unslabbed NM copy can be had for under $20, I'd say it will last pretty long.

NM isn't NM-MT. Of the 3 raw copies I got the day of release only one is a possible 9.8.

The monkeys at the Diamond warehouse are brutal!

NM isn't NM-MT. Of the 3 raw copies I got the day of release only one is a possible 9.8.

The monkeys at the Diamond warehouse are brutal!

:roflmao:

So which dell otto books do you guys like the most?

Batman / Superman #7 and it ain't even close

(thumbs u

That's the only Dell'Otto cover I have. I actually sought it out before I knew who he was. Just thought it was super cool.