• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

I dislike the 2nd print because it takes an interior shot and makes it a new cover. And speculators go gaga over the low print run, but there is no real valie in those, only percieved by spec hype currently.

There is no "value" in any comic. It's printed paper.

Old Man Logan #66 2nd Print, uses an interior panel.

I would assume the same thing for Wolverine Origins #28 2nd print and Psylocke #1 2nd print as well, but I don't have a copy of those currently.

Of course, if we here wanted to create and trade in currency, it would likely be cgc slabs.

I sold my Psylocke 2nd print already and it was a great $5.00 pull at a local con, but with these Dell'Otto 2nd printings that spec sites are hyping, I want to warn people that just because it says 2nd printing variant on the cover, doesn't mean the image has not been seen before in print and IMO (key) they aren't worth the hype. Captain Marvel 17 2nd is a completely different animal (before someone jumps on me for that).

As for Wolverine 66 2nd print, talk about false hype, the image was from a "dream" sequence that never happened. Total rip off if you ask me! lol

Back to Dell'Ottos please. K. Thanx.

Of course, if we here wanted to create and trade in currency, it would likely be cgc slabs.

I sold my Psylocke 2nd print already and it was a great $5.00 pull at a local con, but with these Dell'Otto 2nd printings that spec sites are hyping, I want to warn people that just because it says 2nd printing variant on the cover, doesn't mean the image has not been seen before in print and IMO (key) they aren't worth the hype. Captain Marvel 17 2nd is a completely different animal (before someone jumps on me for that).

As for Wolverine 66 2nd print, talk about false hype, the image was from a "dream" sequence that never happened. Total rip off if you ask me! lol

Ah, paper + plastic, best of both worlds!

In terms of the cover image, it sounds like you're sharing the soapbox with some others on this board, what I collect is awesome and what you collect sucks. It has nothing to do with "spec. sites".

In terms of the cover image, it sounds like you're sharing the soapbox with some others on this board, what I collect is awesome and what you collect sucks. It has nothing to do with "spec. sites".

+1

why not let people buy what they want based on their own preferences and information and financial situation? If they love del taco, and can afford to pay more because covers are getting popular, who does it hurt? The homeless del curry fans who can no longer afford to pay $8 instead of $2 per? Or the poor college student who can only pay $500 for a rare variant vs $1000?

I'm not knocking what people collect, I am trying to educate the Dell'Otto collecting public to not fall for false hype of things that say 2nd print on them being an automatic reason to ask more than a 1st print.

Don't make assumptions. I gave an opinion an my dislike of 2nd printings. Just because you don;t agree doesn't make either of us wrong.

I'm not knocking what people collect, I am trying to educate the Dell'Otto collecting public to not fall for false hype of things that say 2nd print on them being an automatic reason to ask more than a 1st print.

Don't make assumptions. I gave an opinion an my dislike of 2nd printings. Just because you don;t agree doesn't make either of us wrong.

I agree on education for new buyers/ collectors. But, once again, I'm not sure where you are getting the "false hype" idea from. The market dictates pricing. If you don't want to buy something for that price, simply don't do it. I personally see a market for 2nd prints of books that have great covers that are different or even better than their 1st print counterpart, especially when they are harder to find. There are some that will say "meh, it's a reprint", but that doesn't mean others are "wrong" for liking it.

+1

why not let people buy what they want based on their own preferences and information and financial situation? If they love del taco, and can afford to pay more because covers are getting popular, who does it hurt? The homeless del curry fans who can no longer afford to pay $8 instead of $2 per? Or the poor college student who can only pay $500 for a rare variant vs $1000?

Del taco :roflmao:

Price wise it looks like the Dell'Otto train was a short ride, or perhaps a bunch of those crazy high Original Sin sales weren't legit

People are getting amazing deals on Avengers Assemble #10 1:50

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=avengers+assemble+10+dell%27otto&_sop=1&LH_Complete=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xavengers+assemble+10+1%3A50.TRS1&_nkw=avengers+assemble+10+1%3A50&_sacat=0

Price wise it looks like the Dell'Otto train was a short ride, or perhaps a bunch of those crazy high Original Sin sales weren't legit

People are getting amazing deals on Avengers Assemble #10 1:50

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=avengers+assemble+10+dell%27otto&_sop=1&LH_Complete=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xavengers+assemble+10+1%3A50.TRS1&_nkw=avengers+assemble+10+1%3A50&_sacat=0

Huh? This was a $50 book in Jan.

Of course there is going to be some fluctuation from market saturation. Give it a month or two for the dust to settle and then let's see where the prices are.