• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

So which dell otto books do you guys like the most?

Batman / Superman #7 and it ain't even close

(thumbs u

That's the only Dell'Otto cover I have. I actually sought it out before I knew who he was. Just thought it was super cool.

+1. I was looking up Bat books, saw this one and immediately sent some PayPal funds. They, now that I have 2, are front and center of my collection. Yes, I have quite a few books that "sell" for more, but none look better than they do. The virgin cover for it was an brilliant stroke of genius. Nothing to draw attention away from the art. Awesome!

Seeing how an unslabbed NM copy can be had for under $20, I'd say it will last pretty long.

They made sooooo many of these, considering it's a 1:25 (?).

hm

Other than establishing a rough baseline, what does the 1:25 tell us about how many they made?

Seeing how an unslabbed NM copy can be had for under $20, I'd say it will last pretty long.

hm

Other than establishing a rough baseline, what does the 1:25 tell us about how many they made?

What I meant to say was:

"Several shops must have ordered large on the #1 because I see a lot of 1:25 copies out there."

It sucks that I still have to see his quotes. but ^thus is the reason to hit the ignore button on that guy.

RMA has google alerts set up anytime someone makes a post about variant print runs, he has to come in and flame people.

Edited by UltraMaximus

hm

What I meant to say was:

"Several shops must have ordered large on the #1 because I see a lot of 1:25 copies out there."

Yeah, that makes sense. Any time I see a ratio book in large quantities close® to release date, I imagine it's because many shops ordered heavily on the regular.

Someone's about to get a good deal on a winter soldier #1...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301908818461?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

-J.

Spine...tick...tick...tick. Listed as a F+

It was pretty beat up...

Ended up selling for $225.... :o

-J.

That is a lot for a mid-grade modern variant that isn't "that" rare...

hm Hard to say. Were there likely a ton of stores ordering 50+ copies of the regular cover to get one of these back in 2012? Probably not.

Have some sellers sold off some copies when the price spiked? Definitely. That's par for the course.

From what I'm seeing though, when these dry up, they'll dry up. Even now there's only a couple left on eBay. And with that black front cover a 9.8 on any copy will be tough.

-J.

I have had 3 copies of Winter Soldier 1 none above fn+. I sold 2 copies earlier this month. This will be a tough book in 9.8

A raw "9.2" Winter Soldier #1 for $310. Not bad.... hm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WINTER-SOLDIER-1-1-50-DellOtto-Rare-HTF-variant-2012-1st-print-/172143802025?hash=item281491f6a9%3Ag%3A3i0AAOSwBnVW8iql&nma=true&si=4x1dlkWqkw018nq9YkZPEroyRHA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

-J.

Jay - if you could buy 5 Dell'Otto covers which would you pick (outside of Spider Island and anything already over $1,000)? What are your favorite top 5?

hm

I would go, in no particular order:

Original Sin #2

Original Sin #7

Immortal Iron Fist #1, Second Print

Dark Knight Master Race #1

Batman/Superman #7

(thumbs u

-J.

Jay - if you could buy 5 Dell'Otto covers which would you pick (outside of Spider Island and anything already over $1,000)? What are your favorite top 5?

hm

Original Sin #2

Original Sin #7

Batman/Superman #7

(thumbs u

-J.

Good list, a little surprised by the Black Panther cover. A personal favorite character?

The Batman/Superman 7 is a great book, but being a foreign cover makes it a pain to get a hold of.

Personally I would swap Dark Knight Master Race out for his Batman and Superman 50 connecting covers, but that is just me.

(thumbs u

hm

Original Sin #2

Original Sin #7

Batman/Superman #7

(thumbs u

-J.

Good list, a little surprised by the Black Panther cover. A personal favorite character?

The Batman/Superman 7 is a great book, but being a foreign cover makes it a pain to get a hold of.

Personally I would swap Dark Knight Master Race out for his Batman and Superman 50 connecting covers, but that is just me.

(thumbs u

Definitely a Black Panther fan, and until very recently, he has not been featured on many variant covers.

I do like Batman/Superman 50 but those are technically two covers. lol

Plus, Old Man Batman Dell'otto style on DK III is pretty bad azz. :cloud9:

-J.

Okay I slept on it and since I can't put ickwinzs' print in the list, here ya go in no particular order, don't ask me to rank these (tsk)

Secret Wars #7:

SW7.jpg

Superman/Batman #7:

SB7.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #667:

ASM667.jpg

Original Sin #7:

OS7.jpg

Wolverine: The Best There Is #1:

W1.jpg

I guess 7 is my lucky number? (shrug)

Jerome