• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

Who wouldn't lol ? That would be like catching a lighting strike in a bottle, or nailing a winning lottery ticket.

(Un)fortunately, the way the book was released , speculators (and most retailers ) never even had a chance at one, let alone a "stack" of copies.

-J.

Interesting "theory"

Yep- and considering the book was not even announced or offered by Marvel until after the retailer final order cut-off for that month, and then for only one week to those dealers who a) had qualifying orders (100+ of the regular cover only, none of the heavy orders of the other variant that was advertised that month counted), b) noticed the announcement and c) cared or took the time to go back into their accounts to order that one book- it's a pretty good one. (thumbs u

-J.

hm Thanks

What prestige?

Prestige = acclaim for a guy that I don't believe has ever drawn a monthly title and is now nothing more than a cover artist for hire.

I do like most of what the guy puts out but I think it is fair to say he has become vastly overrated by some people to prop up whatever new variant covers he releases. rantrant

hm Thanks

What prestige?

Prestige = acclaim for a guy that I don't believe has ever drawn a monthly title and is now nothing more than a cover artist for hire.

I do like most of what the guy puts out but I think it is fair to say he has become vastly overrated by some people to prop up whatever new variant covers he releases. rantrant

...or maybe people just appreciate and enjoy collecting a gifted artist's Renaissance-esque take on comic book heroes and villains and don't begrudge an artist's talent or ability to make a living... (shrug)

-J.

Whatever. :blahblah:

Just curious for anyone's thoughts on why the X23 Dellotto sells for more than the rarer 1:75 variant?

Since you are asking for a subjective opinion I will give you one:

The 1:75 just isn't anywhere near as good as the Dell'otto cover.

And....

People only took notice of that series at all in the first place because of the Dell'otto cover (the Djurdjevic is just lucky enough to be there to catch some of those fumes).

And now here's an objective answer as a bonus:

The Djurdjevic is just one piece of an interlocking cover set for the month that crossed multiple titles, thus likely diluting/diminishing demand for it even further.

-J.

Whatever. :blahblah:

Just curious for anyone's thoughts on why the X23 Dellotto sells for more than the rarer 1:75 variant?

Since you are asking for a subjective opinion I will give you one:

The 1:75 just isn't anywhere near as good as the Dell'otto cover.

And....

People only took notice of that series at all in the first place because of the Dell'otto cover (the Djurdjevic is just lucky enough to be there to catch some of those fumes).

And now here's an objective answer as a bonus:

The Djurdjevic is just one piece of an interlocking cover set for the month that crossed multiple titles, thus likely diluting/diminishing demand for it even further.

-J.

lol

Thanks!

hm

Well thanks for the input. The prices do seem to be inflated by these boards.

Carry on.

Been to cons this year, people in general who don't even know these boards were buying his books. Not sure why the hatred, why bother reading this thread if you're not a fan of his?

Carry on.

I enjoy his work.

I think some of the prices I've seen for some of these books is astronomical. I'd consider purchasing the cover OA for some of the costs I've seen actual issues of the book go for.

It's an odd phenomenon to some of us here, and it's certainly worth commenting on.

hm

Carry on.

Been to cons this year, people in general who don't even know these boards were buying his books. Not sure why the hatred, why bother reading this thread if you're not a fan of his?

Carry on.

Wow, you are completely off base. :facepalm:

hm

Carry on.

Carry on.

Wow, you are completely off base. :facepalm:

Collector's Society Modern forum: "Dell'otto, we made you !!!! We can destroy you !"

I enjoy his work.

I think some of the prices I've seen for some of these books is astronomical. I'd consider purchasing the cover OA for some of the costs I've seen actual issues of the book go for.

It's an odd phenomenon to some of us here, and it's certainly worth commenting on.

People say this about OA quite often around here. It's apples and oranges. Some people don't care about or collect OA. OA isn't a comic book. Collectors paying X-amount for any comic book (or OA for that matter) "could" spend the money on something else. Someone "could" buy a spectacular house with the money it would take to buy a nice Action 1. Or they "could" buy the most expensive piece of OA on the market and still have 3 million dollars left over for a beachfront property in Malibu.

The entire point is academic. Buy what you want and love and enjoy what you buy.

Others will be doing the same. (thumbs u

-J.

I spent more on an iPad game last year. To each their own. I have a few of the covers going to CGC so I was curious. I am always surprised by those who minimize the influence of these boards on prices.