• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Persistent Ebayer wants to deal privately

1,072 posts in this topic

I don't know what the mods would believe these days if there's an association. Sagat has already played the room-mate card when multing up after the PL nomination.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5528840

:popcorn:

Dang, that neighborhood takes Collectors "society" to a whole new level! Roomates, best friends and who knows what else. I wonder if they are neighbors with Thehouseofcomics?

We need to look into the 'home situation'

psychologist.jpg

I don't know what the mods would believe these days if there's an association. Sagat has already played the room-mate card when multing up after the PL nomination.

Nice work Fa-Fa-Flohi.

Ah now I get it.

That is funny. Tell him Kav doesn't believe in poetry.

Funny, because poetry is where you usually encounter alliteration. Things like The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe:

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,

Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore—

While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,

And

From my books surcease of sorrowsorrow for the lost Lenore

For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels name Lenore—

But I digress, there's a trial going on...

How much does the boardie who created GPA make? Is it okay to cheat him? Is he registered as a corporation? Does he get a pass because you may know him through here and someone on the boards may find out you cheated him?

How much success does he need to have, where he crosses a line and it's open season to financially bugger him?

What about Tupenny and his comic shows? Hasn't he gotten just a little too big for his britches with success? Shouldn't we just sneak in the backdoor on his shows? He makes enough money... Is that ok to cheat him?

Does the hard work and financial risk those two put into their business mean nothing to the saving YOU might make by cheating them? Isn't this really a much more black and white issue than some of you can see?

Where the frak is Steve Ditko when I need him?

And what about the people who HAVEN'T chimed in? Do we have that many closet criminals here... playing their hands close to their chest's... carefully peeking at each other's cards... looking for their moment...

treachery and politics indeed....

I also agree with you. Another thing I was thinking about this is that when you use eBay to make off site deals it is like going into somebody else's store and selling your books to their customers..The store owner's get to pay all of the business bills while you get to reap the benefits of the business for free.

Ah now I get it.

That is funny. Tell him Kav doesn't believe in poetry.

Funny, because poetry is where you usually encounter alliteration. Things like The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe:

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,

Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore—

While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,

And

From my books surcease of sorrowsorrow for the lost Lenore

For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels name Lenore—

But I digress, there's a trial going on...

Your honor I strenuously object!

Oh you strenuously object-wow-so, 'I object' objection overruled 'I strenuously object!' oh well in that case sustained then.

Man, you guys are making me work tonight, but I get it... guilty until proven innocent.

Hmmm... a little tricky to post stuff on a public site since I don't want disclose private stuff or embarrass anyone but try this:

email.jpg

We used to have our CL books shipped together to save a couple of bucks on shipping (yes, I'm consistent and no, I don't consider this "stealing" from the post office).

Enjoy!

Not saying anything about the current situation but if there are any shills out there for the love of god don't get into board altercations.

That's like telling the moths to avoid the candles.

:grin:

Not true. If the issues from the music industry has revealed anything, it is that the workers get paid the same no matter how much profits a corporation brings in.

Profits go down, people lose jobs.

I find it shocking that so many people don't realize the relationship between expenses and prices. I don't think it always used to be that way. I think people used to think more of others than they do today. That sort of thinking is the reason why we can never have world peace. Everyone only thinks of themselves first and that is a race to zero.

I agree with Stu, eye for an eye would eventually leave everyone blind which is why nobody lives by that law anymore.

The more people skim illegally from companies the more it ends up costing everyone in the long run.

You have someone break into your car to steal the stereo so that you can make out with the insurance pay off because insurance companies are bad but this causes rates to go up so everyone pays for more, including you.

You steal people's music forcing artists to charge more for merchandise and tickets.

You skim sales off of eBay and they raise fees to make the same money.

Just because they factor business losses into the model does not mean it's OK to be responsible for those losses.

How much of our taxes just go towards paying the legal system to enforce the law? Every time you break a law, you're costing tax payers more money.

You don't pay your taxes because gubmint' is bad and they need to increase taxes to pay for all of the goods and service we receive from those taxes.

What was an eye opener for me was after watching Noam Chomsky's recent movie Requiem for the American Dream.

We enjoy terrific roads, welfare services for the poor, freedom, peaceful living and an infrastructure that keeps it all going. He said that when tax time comes, we should all be celebrating and wanting to pay our taxes to celebrate all of the terrific things those taxes pay for. Instead, people complain and try to avoid them. Why is that?

We've lost touch with reality.

While everything you say is true, its all highly idealized. As I stated in an earlier post that you referred to pretzel logic, there is enough money and food to go around but there is a lack of will. It's unbelievable to me that there are hungry people in the world when restaurants throw away perfectly good food every night. Yes, as Kav pointed out, they have a right to, just like the wealthy have a right to buy $7000 shower curtains. To me, it's the acceptance of this behavior that is troubling.

Laws have evolved over many years to cater to the upper class. Policies are passed off as being "ethical" and laws are assumed to be just. However, if this was truly the case... we wouldn't have the Batman!

But the point is not what everyone else does. It's what each person as an individual does. It's what YOU do that matters. What you or I do eventually rubs off on what the person next to us does. Before you know it, an entire country is affected - or infected.

Then you have eBay execs and gubmint' officials justifying their own bad behavior because joe public on the street does it. And where does it stop? When you or I decide to do the right thing.

You can justify it any way you want but in each instance above you are doing something 'wrong' and contributing to the greater problem. That's the big picture here.

Yep.

It's like littering.

If we as individuals say, "Oh it's just one wrapper I threw on the ground, it's not that big of deal", well.... that's billions of people throwing their trash on the ground. It adds up.

I saw it. Wont be deleted. Stupid evidence or whatever this is. I dunno what you call it when a thread has gone on for WAY longer than it should because the OP doesn't know when to shut up.

Trainwreck. Something like that

:roflmao: vger7 are you now, or have you ever been a roommate of sagats?

And what is your opinion on the super soldier situation as it currently stands?

It's human growth hormone and perfectly legal

73686ee9c551a651dbe5b927ef4cbd22.jpg

I propose vger7 name be placed alongside sagats in the Probation list.

SortoflikeCapandFalcan?