• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MAN OF STEEL appreciation thread
2 2

398 posts in this topic

A sick detail that I was recently alerted to:

During the Smallville fight, when the man falls out of the helicopter and Superman (gasp!) saves him, the production team has Superman do a full front flip to try mitigating the force from the Army guy falling and Supes moving him at-speed. Of course, this isn't entirely realistic, but the fact that they put this detail in that shot is amazing to me.

On 6/13/2022 at 3:00 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

A sick detail that I was recently alerted to:

During the Smallville fight, when the man falls out of the helicopter and Superman (gasp!) saves him, the production team has Superman do a full front flip to try mitigating the force from the Army guy falling and Supes moving him at-speed. Of course, this isn't entirely realistic, but the fact that they put this detail in that shot is amazing to me.

It’s such a great scene in terms of unleashing their capabilities. That ‘super’ level style of fighting is what needs to come back in a sequel (hopefully)…

On 6/15/2022 at 5:06 AM, Larryw7 said:

I need to watch this again.

Rewatched it last night in 4K since it was the anniversary.

Man those opening 15-19 minutes sets up the rest of the movie so solidly. And with Michael Shannon, you get an intense General Zod performance throughout. Along with a soundtrack that drives even more excitement with each beat.

:headbang:

Director Zack Snyder has posted a sweet tribute to Henry Cavill's Superman in a new BTS image from Man of Steel. Cavill first appeared as Superman in 2013's Man of Steel, which was directed by Snyder, marking the beginning of the current DCEU at Warner Bros. The film grossed $668 million worldwide and solidified Cavill as the new embodiment of the classic character, whom he would play for two more outings.

Zack_Snyder.thumb.PNG.a922742df4429451b65baa0eb04fc1b6.PNG

On 7/5/2022 at 6:26 AM, Bosco685 said:

FW1BmINUIAAHMJC.jpeg.8569bdefa1cc71daad2feea6a6ed795e.jpeg

A few forumites have pinged me about this poster. I found the artist.

Dan Mumford Superman Man of Steel Poster

There was a limited print/number version. So I am hoping there is a regular poster release as well.

Dan Mumford.com

Looks like he has done quite a few movie pieces

WONDER_WOMAN_DAN_MUMFORD.jpg.0774c705a98f6217f1e08d449063560e.jpg

Edited by Bosco685

On 7/7/2022 at 12:23 PM, Wolverinex said:

Take a photo.  It will push me to pick one up soon.  Looks like they ahve been there since 2016, so I will wait to see what it's like

Will do!

I did something like this the previous year with a limited print of The Big Lebowski from an artist I follow that was signed/numbered. Even had it professionally framed with tinted glass. I'll probably do the same with MOS.

Big_Lebowski.thumb.jpg.b6ce117ab0e215e908805dcd234e4c9c.jpg