• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BATMAN VS SUPERMAN MOVIE A DOG

765 posts in this topic

Random musings about the movie:

There was a great movie in there somewhere. Unfortunately, the director tried to squeeze too much into the movie. It reminded me of that Venom/Sandman none sense.

It felt like a video game at times. What's the motivation for this movie? Let's do it because a fight between Batman and Supes would be cool.

I thought the actors all did a credible job, with the exception of Jesse Eisenburg! who was totally miscast.

WW was a pleasure to look at, but really necessary to drive the plot forward? It always bothers me when they throw in things just to lead to the next storyline. I had the same complaint with Thor in the Infinity Well in AOS.

While I'm still glad I went to see it, MOS was the superior film by a long shot.

Random musings about the movie:

There was a great movie in there somewhere. Unfortunately, the director tried to squeeze too much into the movie. It reminded me of that Venom/Sandman none sense.

It felt like a video game at times. What's the motivation for this movie? Let's do it because a fight between Batman and Supes would be cool.

I thought the actors all did a credible job, with the exception of Jesse Eisenburg! who was totally miscast.

WW was a pleasure to look at, but really necessary to drive the plot forward? It always bothers me when they throw in things just to lead to the next storyline. I had the same complaint with Thor in the Infinity Well in AOS.

While I'm still glad I went to see it, MOS was the superior film by a long shot.

I think there is a GOOD, possibly very good not great movie in there, somewhere...but this was too much in too little time...the miscast I saw a mile away in the trailer...why not somebody new....why LL, and LL, and LL...and look who he was up against..Gene Hackman and Kevin Spacy..JE in not in that category...it is not gonna be great but..less rushed and less censored will get my $$. But this movie will never be the dark night...my fav comic book movie, followed by the original superman

either.

Edited by Mmehdy

Good gosh, just saw the movie.

Now, to start, I'm a DC guy far more than a Marvel one, I'd read a number of reviews, and I walked in with low expectations, thinking I'd have a good time…

… but instead I found more melodrama than a soap opera, a Batman who seemed to brood for no reason and talked like a pot-smoking vampire; a Superman who was stiff as a board; and a WW who was easy on the eyes but whose presence seemed pointless…

… and don't get me started on Lex Luthor or Doomsday, who were just plain silly…

… or a plot line with more holes than swiss cheese, one that gave me no reason to see why Batman was fighting Superman in the first place… and the reason they stopped fighting, oh my…

needless to say, I wish had the rose colored glasses to experience this as a 7 on 10, but even wearing 3D glasses, it was far closer to a 2 than anything else...

I'm sad to see characters I love so underdeveloped and overdramatized...

I too just got back and LOVED THIS MOVIE. Affleck is the best Bats since Adam West. Totally believable. Jeremy Irons was also fantastic. Bat Man was finally a detective. GREAT prelude to Justice League. I loved Man of steel but this one was a notch above. Opening sequence with Bruce is fantastic. If you haven't seen this movie go faster than a speeding bullet. Applause at my theatre when it ended and applause when WW hits the screen for the first time

I trust Gator over the critics.

I trust Gator on comics and he's savvier on sports than most of us. He's also a kewl dude who's fun to shoot hoops with.

Movies are much more of a personal taste thing, and Gator's taste buds may have been compromised by all the Coke Zero he's consumed over the years.

To bring things up to date, I loathed Zack Snyder's MoS (my review was scathing) so I already have a benchmark for bad. This time around I decided not to contribute money and have the disappointment rubbed-in. 30% fresh is not a good Tomato-meter consensus.

MMM (excelsior!) ...lets see if any savvy SA fans dig up the origins of that reference. (thumbs u

I trust Gator on comics and he's savvier on sports than most of us. He's also a kewl dude who's fun to shoot hoops with.

Movies are much more of a personal taste thing, and Gator's taste buds may have been compromised by all the Coke Zero he's consumed over the years.

To bring things up to date, I loathed Zack Snyder's MoS (my review was scathing) so I already have a benchmark for bad. This time around I decided not to contribute money and have the disappointment rubbed-in. 30% fresh is not a good Tomato-meter consensus.

MMM (excelsior!) ...lets see if any savvy SA fans dig up the origins of that reference. (thumbs u

Not to give too much away, but the problem with the critics seems to be Superman.

Batman and Wonder Wonder Woman were natural in the movie. Superman and his mythos seemed to have caused the critics the problem.

I don`t think we will see a solo Superman movie for quite sometime,while they are already talking about a Batman Ben Affleck solo movie.

Detective #27 looks to become the bigger key over Action #1 this next decade.

Film Critics, in general know nothing about Science Fiction, Fantasy or comic book related materials. Many of them know less than nothing about film in general. Today, many film critics do not even venture to the theater and, instead watch the films on a DVD screener. If you look at negative film reviews, you will also find that movies over two hours fare less well because critics tend to have short attention spans.

I will trust my own Mark I eyeballs that told me that Batman V Superman was a very entertaining movie.

Edited by Holmes

Good gosh, just saw the movie.

Now, to start, I'm a DC guy far more than a Marvel one, I'd read a number of reviews, and I walked in with low expectations, thinking I'd have a good time…

… but instead I found more melodrama than a soap opera, a Batman who seemed to brood for no reason and talked like a pot-smoking vampire; a Superman who was stiff as a board; and a WW who was easy on the eyes but whose presence seemed pointless…

… and don't get me started on Lex Luthor or Doomsday, who were just plain silly…

… or a plot line with more holes than swiss cheese, one that gave me no reason to see why Batman was fighting Superman in the first place… and the reason they stopped fighting, oh my…

needless to say, I wish had the rose colored glasses to experience this as a 7 on 10, but even wearing 3D glasses, it was far closer to a 2 than anything else...

I'm sad to see characters I love so underdeveloped and overdramatized...

this is such a dead-on assessment; and from a d.c. guy.

I too just got back and LOVED THIS MOVIE. Affleck is the best Bats since Adam West. Totally believable. Jeremy Irons was also fantastic. Bat Man was finally a detective. GREAT prelude to Justice League. I loved Man of steel but this one was a notch above. Opening sequence with Bruce is fantastic. If you haven't seen this movie go faster than a speeding bullet. Applause at my theatre when it ended and applause when WW hits the screen for the first time

i, too, applauded when it was over. because it was over.

I find it interesting that Rotten Tomatoes shows that only 29% of the reviewers liked the film while 73% of the audience liked it. Clearly the critics missed something that most of the audience was seeing. Perhaps if they had bothered to actually go to the theater, they might have gotten it.

Edited by Holmes

I find it interesting that Rotten Tomatoes shows that only 29% of the reviewers liked the film while 73% of the audience liked it. Clearly the critics missed something that most of the audience was seeing. Perhaps if they had bothered to actually go to the theater, they might have gotten it.

Because it's a different film in the theater?

In my experience, getting a sneak peak at the Rotten Tomatoes grade and/or catching negative headlines can influence your own perception of a film. It's only human, at times, to assume that if X-number of people say something is good or bad, to assume that they must be on to something.

Superhero films in general are often littered with flaws, plot-holes and the like. Few are close to perfect. But as far as superhero films go, Dawn of Justice was very satisfying. It's odd, yet unsurprising, that films like Avengers are lauded despite their many flaws, while others are trashed. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I enjoyed Dawn of Justice much more than the first Avengers film, something that's hard to imagine when comparing their Rotten Tomatoes grades.

Lesson: Watch the film for yourself. Avoid the natural temptation to be a part of the crowd and reach your own conclusion. No one person's review is "right", but I'm not surprised to see the audience give the film a much higher grade than the critics.

Not to give too much away, but the problem with the critics seems to be Superman.

Batman and Wonder Wonder Woman were natural in the movie. Superman and his mythos seemed to have caused the critics the problem.

I don`t think we will see a solo Superman movie for quite sometime,while they are already talking about a Batman Ben Affleck solo movie.

Detective #27 looks to become the bigger key over Action #1 this next decade.

:headbang: Edited by woowoo

Action one has "shown me the money"..D27 has not..plus action 1 is from 1938...

Like i said Mitch if a 9.0 w page was for sale of Tec 27 it would blow the Action 1 sale away. There are no high grade Tec 27 out there for sale but Batman is better by a long shot. (worship)

Action one has "shown me the money"..D27 has not..plus action 1 is from 1938...

Like i said Mitch if a 9.0 w page was for sale of Tec 27 it would blow the Action 1 sale away. There are no high grade Tec 27 out there for sale but Batman is better by a long shot. (worship)

I like tec 27 better myself. Its very popular but I always kind of thought the big dogs who buy these books get caught up in superman being the one that started it all and therefore value it more.

True to that. I think Batman has the show as of late. I like that Batman was of old 1930s Bat in the movie. Batman has always been better that Sup but the 1St book that started it has a lot of pull.

With the top bidder already satisfied in the AC 1 department, I would expect some considerable fireworks on a TEC 27 in 9.0 o better. Batman's popularity eclipsed that of Superman a long time ago...... it would be a very interesting auction to watch. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

...... and I'm ready for Tarzan to hit the screen......I would be interested in Mitch's take on that movie...........

With the top bidder already satisfied in the AC 1 department, I would expect some considerable fireworks on a TEC 27 in 9.0 o better. Batman's popularity eclipsed that of Superman a long time ago...... it would be a very interesting auction to watch. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

...... and I'm ready for Tarzan to hit the screen......I would be interested in s take on that movie...........

Mitch' Would make a great Tarzan 10 out 10 i would go see it. :popcorn:

Edited by woowoo