• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BATMAN VS SUPERMAN MOVIE A DOG

765 posts in this topic

With the top bidder already satisfied in the AC 1 department, I would expect some considerable fireworks on a TEC 27 in 9.0 o better. Batman's popularity eclipsed that of Superman a long time ago...... it would be a very interesting auction to watch. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

...... and I'm ready for Tarzan to hit the screen......I would be interested in s take on that movie...........

Mitch' Would make a great Tarzan 10 out 10 i would go see it. :popcorn:

...the Tarzan movie is coming out this summer..... trailer's looking good :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

I find it interesting that Rotten Tomatoes shows that only 29% of the reviewers liked the film while 73% of the audience liked it. Clearly the critics missed something that most of the audience was seeing. Perhaps if they had bothered to actually go to the theater, they might have gotten it.

In my experience, getting a sneak peak at the Rotten Tomatoes grade and/or catching negative headlines can influence your own perception of a film. It's only human, at times, to assume that if X-number of people say something is good or bad, to assume that they must be on to something.

Superhero films in general are often littered with flaws, plot-holes and the like. Few are close to perfect. But as far as superhero films go, Dawn of Justice was very satisfying. It's odd, yet unsurprising, that films like Avengers are lauded despite their many flaws, while others are trashed. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I enjoyed Dawn of Justice much more than the first Avengers film, something that's hard to imagine when comparing their Rotten Tomatoes grades.

Lesson: Watch the film for yourself. Avoid the natural temptation to be a part of the crowd and reach your own conclusion. No one person's review is "right", but I'm not surprised to see the audience give the film a much higher grade than the critics.

I liked it better than BOTH Avengers fims, and most of the Marvel films in general.

I find it interesting that Rotten Tomatoes shows that only 29% of the reviewers liked the film while 73% of the audience liked it. Clearly the critics missed something that most of the audience was seeing. Perhaps if they had bothered to actually go to the theater, they might have gotten it.

Because it's a different film in the theater?

All films are. The entire experience of a watching a film can be influenced by the venue

Mitch get ready for Action to be #2 as Batman continues to grow in popularity even with guys like Buttfleck playing the role. Same old problem with Superman, not interesting enough for people to really care and the same old tired story lines have been played to death.

Mitch get ready for Action to be #2 as Batman continues to grow in popularity even with guys like Buttfleck playing the role. Same old problem with Superman, not interesting enough for people to really care and the same old tired story lines have been played to death.

With Batman looking like to be the leader of the Justice League his popularity will continue to grow.

I don't know what they can do to make Superman cool with modern audiences?

He has had three chances this last decade.

Superman Returns

Man of Steel

Batman vs. Superman

I like Superman,but unfortunately the modern movie going audiences don't share my enthusiasm.

With the top bidder already satisfied in the AC 1 department, I would expect some considerable fireworks on a TEC 27 in 9.0 o better. Batman's popularity eclipsed that of Superman a long time ago...... it would be a very interesting auction to watch. GOD BLESS....

...... and I'm ready for Tarzan to hit the screen......I would be interested in s take on that movie...........

Mitch' Would make a great Tarzan 10 out 10 i would go see it. :popcorn:

...the Tarzan movie is coming out this summer..... trailer's looking good :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

Tarzan looks like he will make a comback and overtake Superman in popularity.

Who would have thought that?

With Batman looking like to be the leader of the Justice League his popularity will continue to grow.

Superman Returns

Man of Steel

Batman vs. Superman

I like Superman,but unfortunately the modern movie going audiences don't share my enthusiasm.

I'm in my late 20s, granted I'm only one person, but I've watched both MOS and Dawn of Justice and I do find Henry Cavill's Superman to be "cool", "interesting", etc. Yes, themes and elements from comic book storylines have been re-introduced, but that's the nature of comic book movies.

Edited by Wayne-Tec

Because it's a different film in the theater?

Went to see the movie, figuring it cannot be as bad as the movie reviews and based on some feedback here one the boards.....and that it had one of the largest opening ever.....

WRONG! ARF! ARF!

The one interesting juxtaposition is comparing the last scene of the movie to the fact that today is Easter.......

jb

Superman Returns

Man of Steel

Batman vs. Superman

For one thing the whole Lois Lane is in trouble and superman to the rescue theme is beyond redundant.

Another issue is superman is too powerful. I think he would be more interesting if there was more than one way to beat him in a fight.

They need to take away some of his powers and just have some movies where Lois doesn't factor in to the hero aspect of the plot for starters. Then they should change his uniform and have him say "shazam" everytime he wants to transform into his super self -Problem fixed (thumbs u

Superman Returns

Man of Steel

Batman vs. Superman

For one thing the whole Lois Lane is in trouble and superman to the rescue theme is beyond redundant.

Another issue is superman is too powerful. I think he would be more interesting if there was more than one way to beat him in a fight.

They need to take away some of his powers and just have some movies where Lois doesn't factor in to the hero aspect of the plot for starters. Then they should change his uniform and have him say "shazam" everytime he wants to transform into his super self -Problem fixed (thumbs u

WT :censored: Lets have a drink and talk abought this :devil:

Edited by woowoo

this is the most ridiculous statement I've ever seen. Tarzan? really?

your posts are always so "in the moment", when Iron Man was hot, you posted he would be the Number 1 hero due to his 'technology angle" being hot with millennials, then when both Spider-man reboots did less then Man of Steel domestically, you proclaimed Superman was starting to overtake Spider-man in popularity, so which is it? and now your claiming the critics problem with BATSvSUPES is Superman? no, it's not, they almost all cite story, -script, movie not being focused, movie being too dark and no sense of fun, etc. I've seen a few critics not liking Afflecks Batman for being too violent and bitter.

and Tec 27 held the number one GA book spot for a few years from the 1989 Batman movie, but Action 1 regained the number one spot sometime in the 90's, so why was that? don't seem to recall any Superman movies in the 90's. While there were 3 Batman movies in that time, (albeit bad ones)

I think Superman will be just fine in the next 100 years.

Edited by thedude

your posts are always so "in the moment", when Iron Man was hot, you posted he would be the Number 1 hero due to his 'technology angle" being hot with millennials, then when both Spider-man reboots did less then Man of Steel domestically, you proclaimed Superman was starting to overtake Spider-man in popularity, so which is it? and now your claiming the critics problem with BATSvSUPES is Superman? no, it's not, they almost all cite story, -script, movie not being focused, movie being too dark and no sense of fun, etc. I've seen a few critics not liking Afflecks Batman for being too violent and bitter.

and Tec 27 held the number one GA book spot for a few years from the 1989 Batman movie, but Action 1 regained the number one spot sometime in the 90's, so why was that? don't seem to recall any Superman movies in the 90's. While there were 3 Batman movies in that time, (albeit bad ones)

DUDE (thumbs u that was not the 90s but 2000s Action 1 has some high grade copys that busted records thats why. I only saw 1 8.0 copy of Tec 27 sell in 40 years and there are few high grade Action 1s as of last 10 years. I told Mitch if a 9.0 w page Tec 27 was to hit the market it would break all records.

Edited by woowoo

DUDE (thumbs u that was not the 90s but 2000s Action 1 has some high grade copys that busted records thats why. I only saw 1 8.0 copy of Tec 27 sell in 40 years and there are few high grade Action 1s as of last 10 years. I told Mitch if a 9.0 w page Tec 27 was to hit the market it would break all records.

you made me bust out my Overstreet guide didn't you (sigh), I'm looking at it right now, the 25th edition of OS guide, mine has the Yellow Kid and X-men on the cover, it says in the "Top Golden Age books" section, Tec27 was #1 in 1994 and Action 1 was #2. then the very next year 1995 Action 1 regained the #1 spot, so how is that not in the 90's?

my point is that while Batman had several movies in the 90s, Superman had none, so what exactly was it that made Action #1 take back the #1 spot that year? anywho, I know you have a Tec 27, so off course you want to see that book do well, which it will of course, I have niether book,

I think we get a little movie crazy at times, BTW, a Tec 31 was listed at $16k in NM in 1995 OS.

Edited by thedude

They will make more solo Tarzan movies over solo Superman movies these next 5 years!

Why?

The audience can`t relate to Superman for some reason.

The new Tarzan looks modern and relevant.

They will make more solo Tarzan movies over solo Superman movies these next 5 years!

Why?

The audience can`t relate to Superman for some reason.

The new Tarzan looks modern and relevant.

the Tarzan movie (movies) might do well, who knows, but as for the mainstream American culture as a whole? I think that's stretching a bit.