• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BATMAN VS SUPERMAN MOVIE A DOG

765 posts in this topic

Reviews doesn't matter with this movie. It's going to make a ton of money the next couple of weeks with little competition. I think it looks like a mess but I will see it with my kids anyways. I expect little going in so expectations can be easily matched if it's a least half way watchable.

When people are OK to settle for mediocrity, just because that is all that is on offer, producers tend to be lazier, more entitled, and produce even more mediocrity.

A couple of bad superhero movies are OK, but if it becomes routine they may crash like video games in the 80s. Hope it does not happen, though!

I also note that Affleck was a horrible Daredevil and should not have been re-cast in any kind of super hero role, in particular such a key one.

I think IGN thought Affleck was the best part. Carried the movie i think was their opinion. Not sure the details as i just saw that comment at a quick glance of the review score while trying to avoid spoilers.

I trust Gator over the critics.

Don't go that far lol

I liked the recent ff movie too (though I'd only give it a 5)

:o:o:o:o

That FF movie looked so bad i have almost been afraid to watch it.

Was actually glad it bombed hoping marvel gets the property back so it can give us a proper version of its frist family.

I wonder if all this fury over the movie will push more interest into GOOD Superman vs Batman battles? Like the one from the Hush storyline. I wish if they were going to "tribute" Miller, they would have taken more than just Batman's robocop suit.

Just came back from watching the movie. Without spoiling anything, I think it was good. I had hoped for it to be much better, but it wasn't bad.

How was Superman in the movie?

I heard he is the weak link.

I heard Ben Affleck was the star as Batman.

Superman once again didn't fit in.

Any truth to this?

I plan on seeing it Saturday.

Just came back from watching the movie. Without spoiling anything, I think it was good. I had hoped for it to be much better, but it wasn't bad.

when you throw the entire WB studio into a project, worth billions...and don't have the guts to release some version R rated, and kick it back to Blu-ray..so more kiddies can see it...doomed from the start-----garbage....now I have high hopes for the R rated 30+ min longer version....the one the director wanted...not some studio executive who wants the turnstiles moving...yea..the Directors Cut is three hours...so what..have the guts to put the "real" version into the movies and tone it down on Blu-ray PG t-13 for the kids....wait for the Blu-ray...and hope..

Edited by Mmehdy

I thought it was passable. Far too many meandering plot lines, coupled with relentless destruction. I'll say no more as there are many here who haven't seen it yet. The money's certainly on the screen, for what it's worth.

I think I prefer it to MOS.

I thought it was passable. Far too many meandering plot lines, coupled with relentless destruction. I'll say no more as there are many here who haven't seen it yet. The money's certainly on the screen, for what it's worth.

I think I prefer it to MOS.

I liked MOS...I liked 300 and watchman DC better, but no complaints. Possibly more time on the DC will help with the plot lines....I am wondering if this is gonna effect the GA DC speculators...

Edited by Mmehdy

Quint on "aintitcool.com nailed the problem with the film....best review I have read...biggest miscast ever of a comic book villain . Capone has also posted a review on that website...his is also a real review...

Edited by Mmehdy

Just came back from the movie and honestly don't see what people are complaining about. It's an entertaining Batman movie that guest stars Superman and Wonder Woman. Nothing brilliant, but miles better than Man of Steel and definitely better than that hack job: Age of Ultron.

Just came back from the movie and honestly don't see what people are complaining about. It's an entertaining Batman movie that guest stars Superman and Wonder Woman. Nothing brilliant, but miles better than Man of Steel and definitely better than that hack job: Age of Ultron.

I could have written this myself. Couldn't agree more.

A nice undercurrent of darkness and foreboding, a mad and paranoid Batman, an elegant Wonder Woman who (gasp!) doesn't sound American. Some good lines and nice fanboy moments. I like the tack they're taking.

I just got back also. I will say not half as bad as Mmehdy made me think. I think it was worth the money and great build up. I am lost right now on who the half guy is in the stone ?

I just got back also. I will say not half as bad as Mmehdy made me think. I think it was worth the money and great build up. I am lost right now on who the half guy is in the stone ?

Lower expectations is what you need to see the mini pg version of this movie. No doubt the DC R rated is gonna be better....

I agree on the age of ultron...heck I fell asleep on the first avengers on toward the end...But I did recently like cap 2. guardians of the galaxy etc..very well done, and MOS whose material was remade from the best superman...the original first one with Chris Reeve had to overcome a previous remakes and still give it credit. But what is missing...30 plus mins...of more story, bigger hits...maybe more WW....buy the Blu-ray and save 15 bucks on the junior version.

Edited by Mmehdy

A nice undercurrent of darkness and foreboding, a mad and paranoid Batman, an elegant Wonder Woman who (gasp!) doesn't sound American. Some good lines and nice fanboy moments. I like the tack they're taking.

This makes it sound as though I'll enjoy the R-rated Director's Cut more. Waiting for the Blu-ray for me. Possibly tonally similar to Watchmen, then?

This makes it sound as though I'll enjoy the R-rated Director's Cut more. Waiting for the Blu-ray for me. Possibly tonally similar to Watchmen, then?

I would say not. Closer to TDK (both Miller's version and the movie).