• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BATMAN VS SUPERMAN MOVIE A DOG

765 posts in this topic

Just came back from the movie and honestly don't see what people are complaining about. It's an entertaining Batman movie that guest stars Superman and Wonder Woman. Nothing brilliant, but miles better than Man of Steel and definitely better than that hack job: Age of Ultron.

I just got back also. I will say not half as bad as Mmehdy made me think. I think it was worth the money and great build up. I am lost right now on who the half guy is in the stone ?

Lower expectations is what you need to see the mini pg version of this movie. No doubt the DC R rated is gonna be better....

Ya Lois Lane in bath tub :wishluck:

Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic reviews are not good. :eek:

this one helps to tie together the ending very well. Spoilers are present so don't open this if you wish to watch the film first.

http://screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-ending-explained-darkseid/?utm_source=SR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=SR-FB-P

My Brief Review of BVS.

By TheSurgeon.

I do not consider myself a fanboy although I do collect GA comics, and I have not seen most superhero movies and do not like modern comics. When I do go to superhero movies I do so because my teenagers like them. However, I did enjoy BVS, and would give it 6-7/10. I enjoyed it much more than I thought from reading pre-release reviews. The crowds cheered with WW's appearance (my daughter loved that scene) which was pretty cool. One earlier reviewer either here or in Comics General wrote that he missed the comedic interludes present in the Marvel movies- that DC movies are WAY too serious. I completely agree. The audience and I definitely liked the few comedic lines and I think there should be more. I remember probably two comedic lines- one by Martha Kent when Batman rescued her, and I can't remember the other.

To give some perspective, I did like the first Spiderman movie with Toby Maguire, maybe because I was younger, but I liked BVS similar to GOTG, maybe even more, and definitely more than the most recent Avengers which I did not like at all. I did not like the Thor or FF movies either. I would rate Iron Man much higher than all the others. Maybe it's my age, but I'm not a fan of all the fighting, CGI (although I did like Superman's takeoffs and landings in BVS,) and action in the movies. I like plots, which is probably why I like the initial origin stories of comic book characters when they are first developing, rather than the fighting that happens later on.

My point is that this reviewer does NOT think the movie sucked; I actually enjoyed it and was not bored. My daughter and I are very excited for the WW movie, and I am considering shopping around for a Flash Comics #1. Thanks for tolerating this piece from a middle aged collector!

My Brief Review of BVS.

By TheSurgeon.

I do not consider myself a fanboy although I do collect GA comics, and I have not seen most superhero movies and do not like modern comics. When I do go to superhero movies I do so because my teenagers like them. However, I did enjoy BVS, and would give it 6-7/10. I enjoyed it much more than I thought from reading pre-release reviews. The crowds cheered with WW's appearance (my daughter loved that scene) which was pretty cool. One earlier reviewer either here or in Comics General wrote that he missed the comedic interludes present in the Marvel movies- that DC movies are WAY too serious. I completely agree. The audience and I definitely liked the few comedic lines and I think there should be more. I remember probably two comedic lines- one by Martha Kent when Batman rescued her, and I can't remember the other.

To give some perspective, I did like the first Spiderman movie with Toby Maguire, maybe because I was younger, but I liked BVS similar to GOTG, maybe even more, and definitely more than the most recent Avengers which I did not like at all. I did not like the Thor or FF movies either. I would rate Iron Man much higher than all the others. Maybe it's my age, but I'm not a fan of all the fighting, CGI (although I did like Superman's takeoffs and landings in BVS,) and action in the movies. I like plots, which is probably why I like the initial origin stories of comic book characters when they are first developing, rather than the fighting that happens later on.

My point is that this reviewer does NOT think the movie sucked; I actually enjoyed it and was not bored. My daughter and I are very excited for the WW movie, and I am considering shopping around for a Flash Comics #1. Thanks for tolerating this piece from a middle aged collector!

Ya better than the reviews and Wonder woman will be good.

My review!

I must live in a different world than the artsy fartsy critics of Rotten Tomatoes.

All I heard was negative reviews about Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Well,I just got back from it,and damn this was good! Very good!

I was shocked how mature and emotional this was. It took superhero movies to another level just like Frank Miller`s Dark Knight Returns and Alan Moore`s Watchmen did with comics.

I don`t get the critical reviews of Rotten Tomatoes about this movie.

Pros

Batman as Ben Affleck.

by far the best film Batman I ever saw.

Gritty and violent just like in Frank Miller`s Dark Knight.

Batman_v_Superman_MILIMA20150417_0327_14.jpg

The battle between Batman and Superman may have been the most brutal battle I ever seen in a movie! Ever!

Words can`t describe the brutality Batman does to Superman!

The scene at the beginning the origin of Batman was just heartbreaking!

The destruction of Metropolis seemed so real that it made you think how dangerous Superman battling evildoers is.

Wonder Woman was so mysterious and hot!

Yes,I can`t wait for the Wonder Woman movie now!

CSEkVeAUEAAs9Jc.jpg

Also have no fear Jesse Eisenberg delivers as Lex Luthor.

98703402b10eb834ccb9b12d0a4d6929.jpg

Double spoiler alert! Double spoiler alert!

To me what made this picture so emotional was the death of Superman! I really didn`t see it coming and it got to me when they showed him so lifeless.

Cons.

The new Aquaman looks unappealing. I have no faith in the upcoming Aquaman movie. He looks nothing like the Aquaman we know.

The new Flash doesn`t do it either. They would have been better off with the CW TV version Grant Gustin.

Conclusion:

The Rotten Tomatoes artsy fartsy critics are way off.

Me thinks they thought they were going to get a comedy movie like Deadpool, and were shocked at how serious Batman v Superman was.

Batman v Superman is a homerun,and I can`t wait for more DC Universe movies!

My review!

I must live in a different world than the artsy fartsy critics of Rotten Tomatoes.

I was shocked how mature and emotional this was. It took superhero movies to another level just like Frank Miller`s Dark Knight Returns and Alan Moore`s Watchmen did with comics.

Pros

Batman as Ben Affleck.

The battle between Batman and Superman may have been the most brutal battle I ever seen in a movie! Ever!

The destruction of Metropolis seemed so real that it made you think how dangerous Superman battling evildoers is.

CSEkVeAUEAAs9Jc.jpg

To me what made this picture so emotional was the death of Superman! I really didn`t see it coming and it got to me when they showed him so lifeless.

Cons.

The new Aquaman looks unappealing. I have no faith in the upcoming Aquaman movie. He looks nothing like the Aquaman we know.

The new Flash doesn`t do it either. They would have been better off with the CW TV version Grant Gustin.

Conclusion:

Me thinks they thought they were going to get a comedy movie like Deadpool, and were shocked at how serious Batman v Superman was.

I am having deja vu. I could swear you posted the same exact message in the Water Cooler area.

My review!

Pros

Batman as Ben Affleck.

CSEkVeAUEAAs9Jc.jpg

Cons.

Conclusion:

I am having deja vu. I could swear you posted the same exact message in the Water Cooler area.

Some of the goldenage guys never go into water cooler!

I wanted them to see a different POV that some us enjoyed it. (thumbs u

I have no doubt the grosses will be high the first week...until the word gets out....WB is business, I understand that...but a good idea would have been to release BOTH versions...it would of taken guts....its a new idea...the adult version and the kidde one...well I wish I was in charge....my question to the boards is will the R version 30 min plus make a difference... ...now that you have seen it....

I have no doubt the grosses will be high the first week...until the word gets out....WB is business, I understand that...but a good idea would have been to release BOTH versions...it would of taken guts....its a new idea...the adult version and the kidde one...well I wish I was in charge....my question to the boards is will the R version 30 min plus make a difference... ...now that you have seen it....

Lois Lane in a tub nude does it for me if your into that :facepalm:. I cant see anything else to make this R rated but :censored::censored::censored:

Edited by woowoo

Lois Lane in a tub nude does it for me if your into that :facepalm:. I cant see anything else to make this R rated but :censored::censored::censored:

Wonder Woman does it for me....in the tub... or anywhere

Mitch i would drop Action 1 like a hot potato. Superman dont have anything on this Dark Knight Batman. :news: Detective 27 jumps ahead of Action 1 (worship)

Edited by woowoo

Mitch i would drop Action 1 like a hot potato. Superman dont have anything on this Dark Knight Batman. :news: Detective 27 jumps ahead of Action 1 (worship)

Based on the B v S....Ben is a much better Bat, then Henry's supe...however he is handicapped by the -script....both are good actors...but I do not see any 2 or 3 million dollar sales of Tec 27 yet.

Edited by Mmehdy

Thats cause nobody can find a scarce high grade Tec 27 yet. I sad if there was a 9.0 with w pages it would blow away that Action 1 sale. hm

Edited by woowoo

I enjoyed the movie. I'm so glad I have an All Star 8 - Wonder Woman was amazing. Gal Gadot was hot!!! To make the perfect WW, she needs to put on another 5-8 pounds of muscle but she has come a long way from Fast and Furious. Henry Cavill is the perfect Superman. Ben....he was okay; my least favorite of the three mentioned. I would rate the movie between 6 and 7 out of 10. Definitely worth watching, especially going in with low expectations.

My review!

Pros

Batman as Ben Affleck.

CSEkVeAUEAAs9Jc.jpg

Cons.

Conclusion:

Some of the goldenage guys never go into water cooler!

I wanted them to see a different POV that some us enjoyed it. (thumbs u

I, and the authorities I represent, will let it slide this time -- since you put a lot of work into the post. Next time, though: You will get a stern talking-to.

I enjoyed the movie. I'm so glad I have an All Star 8 - Wonder Woman was amazing. Gal Gadot was hot!!! To make the perfect WW, she needs to put on another 5-8 pounds of muscle but she has come a long way from Fast and Furious. Henry Cavill is the perfect Superman. Ben....he was okay; my least favorite of the three mentioned. I would rate the movie between 6 and 7 out of 10. Definitely worth watching, especially going in with low expectations.

I just went to the CC auction and a 3.5 is at 42k wish i had one.Wonder Woman is a little flat and skinny but you do get the point ^^

Edited by woowoo

Looking at the AS8 on CC, I'm surprised it graded 3.5 with all the missing pieces to the FC and BC. I hope I am not insulting any board member's book. Nonetheless, it's an AS8 that is nicely centered with nice pages.

Looking at the AS8 on CC, I'm surprised it graded 3.5 with all the missing pieces to the FC and BC. I hope I am not insulting any board member's book. Nonetheless, it's an AS8 that is nicely centered with nice pages.

What grade you got there

What grade you got there

3.0....I'm happy to have a copy.

Saw the movie earlier today in imax 3D.

I liked it. 7.5 from me. Not a home run for DC but movie that should be popular with actual comic book fans.

On the plus side I think all 3 heroes are well cast. Afflecks batman works for me and was a pleasant surprise if not a shock. Although Gene Hackman will always be the best lex luthor I like Jesse Eisenberg's version, his final scene was a little off in my opinion but the rest was good enough.I can understand how this character might be a tough sell to die hard Supes fans as die hards are often the toughest to please

I liked that he was smart enough to use his resources to discover everyones secret identities yet didn't make a big deal about it just dropped it on them once the trap was sprung

On the other hand it felt like the pacing was just a little bit off. I think thats what it was. Its a little hard for me to put me finger on it but something just didn't jibe 100%. The movie does a decent job channeling some DKR atmosphere but I think that really has its limitations here due to the fact they all team up in the end and Bats doesn't remain a lone wolf which I think is a critical element to the DKR storyline. It just feels a little like the story didn't build up to the conclusion properly.

All in all a good superheroe flick for me. Beautiful in Imax 3Dand worth spending the extra coin if you are a big DC fan.