• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Impossible Collection? Seriously...

364 posts in this topic

I've seen better stock at Gator's booth!

(Rick I expect 10% off at Heroes for this shameless plug!)

;)

:cloud9:

Took you long enough to wonder in here. What's the matter, G.A.tor signal broken?

Had a Bball game tonight.

Nice books but collecting comics would be boring if there is no challenge/risk/reward and as a billionaire I'd rather collect supermodels.

With billions in the bank I'm pretty sure the models just show up.

...and with this comic collection they leave quickly.

lol

Nice books but collecting comics would be boring if there is no challenge/risk/reward and as a billionaire I'd rather collect supermodels.

In the same theme what does Bill Gates collect?

Silly boy, don't you know that billionaires don't collect comics?

Oh, uh, er, wait, it's foreign billionaires that don't collect comics.

What, oh, uh, never mind.

I'm surprised he put them on world tour.

Lets take the most valuable examples of many books, and ship them all around the world rattling and shaking in their cases in the back of countless flights and trucks, while passing through the hands of who knows how many workers.

What could possibly go wrong with that?

Very cool that this collector wants to share this in a travelling exhibit rather than sit in the dark surrounded by his treasures. The rows of custom high tech uv protected display cases I would guess run 100k by themselves. As you can see from the dozens of images, there are excited crowds checking out the books, so its not like it is a t-rex poop where people just rush by.

If this isnt the best collection on the planet, it is certainly up there as one of the best, with anything better being shrouded in mystery and locked away from peasant eyes.