• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Walking Dead Season Six finale - Predictions?

193 posts in this topic

The whole Carol becoming weak annoyed me so much. Plus, let's all leave Alexandria because someone else is leaving. How stupid. And Negan, lame.

The show has truly jumped the shark. That's all I can really say about it.

Would you have enjoyed the show more if someone got their brains bashed in?

In a word - yes.

The comic didn't leave us in a cliffhanger. We knew who it was by the end of the issue. It's one thing to leave us with a cliffhanger at the end of a season (like they did with Terminus). It's another thing to leave us with the entire season building up to this one moment and making us walk away unsatisfied.

The "He's taking it like a champ" comment makes me think it's probably Glen. I guess we'll have to wait until October to find out.

TWD spends seasons building up Carol as this ultimate bad azz and now they undercut all her strength to have this sudden crisis of concience? Smh

They sort of did the same thing to Rick with his nervous breakdown. Now it looks like he's going through it again.

I think it was Eugene (I kept rewinding & listened to the voice they played in slo-mo after the hit)..Eugene gave rick the amo formula & there was a "goodbye" piece between him & Abraham when they hugged...My bet is Eugene ate Lucille. (just opinion)

We will all know by this summer - stuff will leak out. Casting lists will get out.

I sort of feel bad for whomever bit it. They will have to do press all summer knowing that their character is dead in the story already.

I'm thinking Abraham. He's the only one who held his head up and kneeled up straight and tall when Negan passed him...and all Negan did was smirk. Also who else would have had the size and strength to try to get back up after a hard hit from Lucille? I know Glenn was the one in the comics, but they just kind faked his death earlier this season.

I'm thinking Abraham. He's the only one who held his head up and kneeled up straight and tall when Negan passed him...and all Negan did was smirk. Also who else would have had the size and strength to try to get back up after a hard hit from Lucille? I know Glenn was the one in the comics, but they just kind faked his death earlier this season.

I'm thinking Abraham at this point too. He didn't get the arrow in the head like he did in the comics but Denise did. I bet that's because they were saving him for this.

Plus he's ready to have babies with Sasha after a month...really???

Jim

I didn't think that Morgan's portrayal of Negan was very good.

+1

Couldn't disagree more. I thought he nailed it. I was on the edge of my seat, and was terrified. I thought his expectations were insane, but he met them to me.

Absolutely...on all accounts. Genuine terror is what it did to me.

Jim

Edited by Guardian Comics

I didn't think that Morgan's portrayal of Negan was very good.

+1

Couldn't disagree more. I thought he nailed it. I was on the edge of my seat, and was terrified. I thought his expectations were insane, but he met them to me.

Absolutely...on all accounts. Genuine terror is what it did to me.

Jim

+1

One of the better seasons and one of the best finales the series has had so far, IMO. We were owed the introduction of Negan (JDM was fine - he was charismatic and believable, even if he wasn't exactly the same Negan as in the comics both physically and verbally). We were not owed the answer last night the answer as to who Negan kills. That was a perfectly logical place to have a cliffhanger ending, and a series going into its seventh season is certainly entitled to one to keep the interest strong in a competitive TV environment.

As for who met his demise, by various processes of deduction and elimination (which I've expounded on in the TWD thread in The Water Cooler), I think you can safely narrow down the list to: Abraham, Eugene and Glenn. If I was a bookmaker, I'd say there's a 40% chance it's Eugene, 35% Glenn, 20% Abraham and 5% they throw us a curveball and it's someone else.

Maggie.

You kill the other person of the couple.

That way I can laugh when her mangled face says, "Gleeeeeeennnnnnnnn."

Issue 100 made me laugh when Glenn was saying Maggie. :roflmao:

You are a sick . (tsk)

We were owed the introduction of Negan (JDM was fine - he was charismatic and believable, even if he wasn't exactly the same Negan as in the comics both physically and verbally). We were not owed the answer last night the answer as to who Negan kills.

I'd be more apt to agree with this if it wasn't for, as one reviewer noted....

"... the show teases the arrival of one character for the entirety of a 16-episode TV show season, and the show goes out of its way to promote his arrival by unequivocally proclaiming he would kill a major cast member as part of his debut (just as the character did in the comics). This has literally been all we’ve been thinking about since at least the second-half of the season started, and all the show has wanted us to think about it. TWD executive producer David Alpert didn’t mince words when he told IGN, “I cannot wait to see the reaction to when we do the things we’re going to do at the end of this season. I think we will melt people’s minds.”

I think that with that much hype and promotion that it's not incorrect to expect that a payoff is due and owed as was promoted. (shrug)

Damn show is starting to remind me of Lost in the way it is progressing. Cliff hanger after cliff hanger with no pay outs. Start of the season had us wondering who Negan's group is and we end the whole season with almost no idea. Thank god I read the comics or I'd be pissed at how few answers they told us this season.

While it probably isn't Glenn I'm counting on them to borrow from the comic as to how the victim is chosen.

Eeny-meeny-miney-moe.

In the comic its Glenn of course, so I go to the panel where he is shown during the "picking" sequence.

As the bat points to him (and Maggie) Negan says "...by the toe..."

Ah, ha : )

So I go to the end of last nights cliffhanger and pick up as Negan is nearing his choice...

"catch a tiger..." (Daryl)

"by the toe..." The camera cuts away! Motherf******!

"if..." (Sasha)

Ok so I go back to see who is between Daryl and Sasha.

3 people.

Maggie, Michonne, and Abraham.

And since Negan says "HE'S taking it like a champ"...

R.I.P. Abraham

We were owed the introduction of Negan (JDM was fine - he was charismatic and believable, even if he wasn't exactly the same Negan as in the comics both physically and verbally). We were not owed the answer last night the answer as to who Negan kills.

I'd be more apt to agree with this if it wasn't for, as one reviewer noted....

"... the show teases the arrival of one character for the entirety of a 16-episode TV show season, and the show goes out of its way to promote his arrival by unequivocally proclaiming he would kill a major cast member as part of his debut (just as the character did in the comics). This has literally been all we’ve been thinking about since at least the second-half of the season started, and all the show has wanted us to think about it. TWD executive producer David Alpert didn’t mince words when he told IGN, “I cannot wait to see the reaction to when we do the things we’re going to do at the end of this season. I think we will melt people’s minds.”

I think that with that much hype and promotion that it's not incorrect to expect that a payoff is due and owed as was promoted. (shrug)

He does kill a major cast member as part of his debut - we just don't know which one yet!

I'm also not sure where this unequivocal proclamation is coming from anyway. I never saw/heard one. (shrug)

Don't think Maggie, rosita, michonne or Carl could take that shot. So my guess is prob Abraham. Eugene will be key to fighting back and glen had the fake death earlier and R/D are too popular.

Solid episode. Built up some legit fear and thought Negan was great. Missed the cursing.

Today, it was Norman Reedus' turn. The Daryl Dixon actor appeared on The Today Show in promotion of his new movie Sky but the conversation quickly turned to The Walking Dead.

"That finale was about the change of power," Reedus says of the cliffhanger in episode 616. "I think sometimes people think our show is survivor island and 'Who's gonna eat it this week?' but it's not and that episode was to show the change of power. Rick goes into that episode real confident and he comes out of it broken."

"Cliffhangers have been happening since the beginning of entertainment so it makes sense," the actor says, before concluding, "I know what happens and it's gutwrenching to me."

"I know what happens and it's gutwrenching to me."

Think it's pretty clear at this point that Daryl lives. Reedus can post a picture of a toilet on Instagram and get hundreds of thousands of likes. He's the breakout star of the show. People wear shirts that say "If Daryl dies we riot!" and they're not kidding. Lots of theories out there because Reedus is a hot ticket, with a new show and movies coming out. I think he's too pivotal in the show. He's Rick's #2.

The more I think about it, the more I believe it's Abraham.

And still, it's going to suck for whomever it is to do all the press this summer, just to be a dead pile of gray matter on the ground 10 minutes into the first episode in October.

Edited by aggr1103

Think it's pretty clear at this point that Daryl lives.

Is it then clear to you why Reedus appears to know who got killed when the rest of the cast is claiming that they don't know and the producer has described the lengths he went through to hide the identity of the dying character from the cast?