• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

Anyone seen a review embargo lift date yet?  All I can find is people claiming there is no embargo, but the lack of reviews pretty clearly indicates there is one given that plenty of critics have seen the film at this point.  Plus there's ALWAYS one, so I have to assume there's one this time too.

The first meta-review site that starts listing embargo lift dates so that I don't have to search for them myself will become my new favorite.

On 2/14/2022 at 8:51 AM, fantastic_four said:

Anyone seen a review embargo lift date yet?  All I can find is people claiming there is no embargo, but the lack of reviews pretty clearly indicates there is one given that plenty of critics have seen the film at this point.  Plus there's ALWAYS one, so I have to assume there's one this time too.

The first meta-review site that starts listing embargo lift dates so that I don't have to search for them myself will become my new favorite.

I wonder if this guy posts here. :insane:

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/02/man-misses-birth-to-see-batman-1234699033/

Spoiler-Fearing Man to Skip Birth of His Child to See ‘The Batman’

The Batman

“The Batman”

Warner Bros.

The Batman” does not hit theaters until next month, but Matt Reeves’ take on the Caped Crusader is already causing marital friction. A Reddit user recently captured the Internet’s attention when she lamented that her husband has taken his DC Comics fandom to a new level, as he is planning on missing the birth of their child so that he can see the movie on opening day.

The man’s wife took to the infamous “Am I the individual_without_enough_empathy?” subreddit to figure out if she was the one in the wrong for objecting to this idea. “My (25F) husband (28M) and I are expecting a baby. As you may know, there is a new Batman movie releasing on early march. My husband is a big fan of that kind of stuff and wants to see it opening day. The issue is that our estimated due date is exactly on that day” she wrote in a Reddit post.

It turns out that the man has a reason for potentially spending the first day of his new family’s existence at a movie theater: he’s worried about spoilers. “He says it is important to see the movie the first day because of spoilers and that, even I end up having the baby that day while he is watching the movie, at worst he would arrived a few hours late and is not such a big deal,” his wife wrote. “He says I am being irrational and emotional because of being pregnant. I am upset because I feel deprioritized by him.”

While the Reddit users who responded to her post tended to be supportive of this woman and critical of her husband’s priorities, no verdict was reached on whether or not he’ll be seeing the movie spoiler-free. It is worth noting that “The Batman” has a running time of two hours and 55 minutes, so even if the new father attends an early screening, it still has a high chance of cutting into the birth of his offspring.

Popular on IndieWire

“The Batman” stars Robert Pattinson, Zoë Kravitz, Paul Dano, Colin Farrell, and Andy Serkis. The film is set to be released on March 4.

On 2/15/2022 at 4:33 AM, Larryw7 said:

I wonder if this guy posts here. :insane:

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/02/man-misses-birth-to-see-batman-1234699033/

Spoiler-Fearing Man to Skip Birth of His Child to See ‘The Batman’

The Batman

“The Batman”

Warner Bros.

The Batman” does not hit theaters until next month, but Matt Reeves’ take on the Caped Crusader is already causing marital friction. A Reddit user recently captured the Internet’s attention when she lamented that her husband has taken his DC Comics fandom to a new level, as he is planning on missing the birth of their child so that he can see the movie on opening day.

The man’s wife took to the infamous “Am I the individual_without_enough_empathy?” subreddit to figure out if she was the one in the wrong for objecting to this idea. “My (25F) husband (28M) and I are expecting a baby. As you may know, there is a new Batman movie releasing on early march. My husband is a big fan of that kind of stuff and wants to see it opening day. The issue is that our estimated due date is exactly on that day” she wrote in a Reddit post.

It turns out that the man has a reason for potentially spending the first day of his new family’s existence at a movie theater: he’s worried about spoilers. “He says it is important to see the movie the first day because of spoilers and that, even I end up having the baby that day while he is watching the movie, at worst he would arrived a few hours late and is not such a big deal,” his wife wrote. “He says I am being irrational and emotional because of being pregnant. I am upset because I feel deprioritized by him.”

While the Reddit users who responded to her post tended to be supportive of this woman and critical of her husband’s priorities, no verdict was reached on whether or not he’ll be seeing the movie spoiler-free. It is worth noting that “The Batman” has a running time of two hours and 55 minutes, so even if the new father attends an early screening, it still has a high chance of cutting into the birth of his offspring.

Popular on IndieWire

“The Batman” stars Robert Pattinson, Zoë Kravitz, Paul Dano, Colin Farrell, and Andy Serkis. The film is set to be released on March 4.

I smell a divorce coming...

On 2/15/2022 at 11:59 AM, D84 said:

Got tickets Thursday, March 3rd at 3:15pm. I'm surprised they are having showing this early, the day before the official release. 

How about March 1st for Fan Appreciation Day?

On 2/7/2022 at 4:29 PM, Bosco685 said:

Early screenings of The Batman are going to happen on March 1st.

The Batman 'Fans First' Premieres

batman_fans1st.thumb.PNG.374b1e6562ff8d20664dbe8609dcf16c.PNG

Mark Hughes from Forbes on the press event he attended with Matt Reeves and the cast to talk about the potential trilogy.

You can read my first article including discussion about Zoë Kravitz’s Catwoman having potential for a spinoff — possibly a film or an HBO Max miniseries, which could mean a prequel since you don’t know yet what does or doesn’t happen with her in The Batman.

With Gotham PD already in development as a live-action HBO Max series that’s in continuity with the film, as well as the Penguin HBO Max series with Colin Farrell reprising his villainous role, it’s a no-brainer that more The Batman spinoffs will be announced. I’d be surprised if one spinoff in the filmmakers’ minds isn’t inspired by the Ed Brubaker-Darwyn Cooke comic book storyline “The Dark End of the Street” (or perhaps another Catwoman story from those collaborators).

So fans will be eager to learn Matt Reeves is of course interested in continuing his plans for Batman into additional films and spinoffs, and part of the plan is to keep adding characters and inspirations from the source material. And that means more rouges gallery.

Eric Goldman of FANDOM asked whether Reeves’ new iteration of Batman might be able to face some of the more fantastical characters from the comics, such as Clayface or Man-Bat.

“Here’s the thing,” Reeves answered, “In my view, I just feel drawn to finding the grounded version of everything. So to me, it would be a challenge in an interesting way to try and figure out how that could happen. Like, you know, even the idea of something like Mister Freeze, that’s such a great story, right? And I think there’s actually a grounded version of that story which could be really powerful, and could be really great.

“So I love the fantastical side Batman, but this iteration... to me, I think it is very comics-faithful, but I don’t think that this one is necessarily— it doesn’t lean as hard into the fantastical, I guess. But I think, to me, what would be interesting would be to try and unwind the fantastical and see, how could that make sense here?”

It's sounding like the stories out there WB Pictures was displeased with Matt Reeves may be unfounded.

On 2/16/2022 at 11:26 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The edges of that guitar pick must be truly awful... As I expect Pattinson's rendition of Batman to be.

I count on seeing that point made. Like the one on your head. 

:drumroll:

On 2/16/2022 at 11:35 AM, Bosco685 said:

I count on seeing that point made. Like the one on your head. 

:drumroll:

My mom has an all-white cat and I have always maintained that he's wearing two white hoods. He also used to persistently attack Sunny, my multi-colored tortoiseshell cat. Confirmation for the former.