• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2022 at 8:53 PM, Bosco685 said:

Have you seen his later movies? He moved on from that roles years ago.

MV5BZTlmODIyNGUtNDkxOS00ODI5LWE4ZmMtMDBkMDMxNzEwZTJmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA4NjE0NjEy._V1_.jpg.5469e38bcccae4ba655b7a2a748bf43a.jpg

download.jpeg.1e9c0441b9843445d5bd3aa46b16c180.jpeg

Both are worth seeing.

He definitely has. He has spoken publicly many times that he hated being in that movie.

Edited by Ninja0215

On 2/2/2022 at 10:23 PM, D84 said:

200-1.gif.04acbcba281b508346fd03911c4dfbf2.gif

A Bruce Wayne that from childhood develops his science and investigative skills?

A Bruce Wayne that dislikes that Gotham police dismiss giving him a ticket because of his wealth and recognition?

An Alfred Pennyworth that like the Pennyworth TV show and The Dark Knight trilogy has a more military and secret service background?

An Edward Nigma that as a career becomes a forensic accountant leading to his gaining hidden access to Gotham's wealthy and criminal elite revealing their hidden secrets?

An Edward Nigma that through his youth came to hate the Wayne family due to their wealth and celebrated status in society?

I'd encourage giving the video another listen. But also this is a YouTuber summarizing a book in 19 minutes, with all the acting out he can insert for clicks and likes value. And subscribe if you'd like more! (:

On 2/3/2022 at 4:33 AM, Bosco685 said:

A Bruce Wayne that from childhood develops his science and investigative skills?

A Bruce Wayne that dislikes that Gotham police dismiss giving him a ticket because of his wealth and recognition?

An Alfred Pennyworth that like the Pennyworth TV show and The Dark Knight trilogy has a more military and secret service background?

An Edward Nigma that as a career becomes a forensic accountant leading to his gaining hidden access to Gotham's wealthy and criminal elite revealing their hidden secrets?

An Edward Nigma that through his youth came to hate the Wayne family due to their wealth and celebrated status in society?

I'd encourage giving the video another listen. But also this is a YouTuber summarizing a book in 19 minutes, with all the acting out he can insert for clicks and likes value. And subscribe if you'd like more! (:

I'll give the movie a shot, but Matt Reeves has been saying he wants to make the "definitive Batman movie," and it sounds like he's putting a little too much of his personal spin on things, instead of making the "definitive Batman movie."

It's like when Francis Ford Coppola did Dracula and said he was going to follow the book and then made it a love story. :facepalm:

Don't misunderstand, I want to be proven wrong, like I was with Dune, but from what I've seen, there are a few too many liberties taken already for what the director has promised. 

This movie might be fine.  But man, the previews that I have seen so far have done precisely zero to build up any level of interest or anticipation. 

It's like, yeah, that sure is a guy in a Batman suit.  And it sure looks dark and gritty.  And there are some cars and explosions.

The only thing that looks slightly interesting is Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman.

Hard to remember a (major) comic book-themed movie I was less interested in before it opened.

Still going to see it, of course.  I'm a movie whore.

On 2/3/2022 at 9:56 AM, D84 said:

Even The Eternals?

Absolutely.  Eternals looked like it might be an interesting trainwreck.  And even if it was going to be bad, it looked visually pretty.  Possibly fun.

The actual movie ranked above trainwreck.

This movie? There is just nothing (except like I said, possibly the Catwoman character)

On 2/3/2022 at 10:05 AM, Axelrod said:

Absolutely.  Eternals looked like it might be an interesting trainwreck.  And even if it was going to be bad, it looked visually pretty.  Possibly fun.

The actual movie ranked above trainwreck.

This movie? There is just nothing (except like I said, possibly the Catwoman character)

Glad you enjoyed The Spirit

:shiftyeyes:

On 2/3/2022 at 9:44 AM, Axelrod said:

This movie might be fine.  But man, the previews that I have seen so far have done precisely zero to build up any level of interest or anticipation

Bummer you feel that way so far. It happens. Meanwhile... that tunnel shootout scene is crazy-exciting cinema.

The_Batman_Tunnel.gif.746341927ede9e32d7786428afd87d57.gif

On 2/3/2022 at 8:14 AM, D84 said:

I'll give the movie a shot, but Matt Reeves has been saying he wants to make the "definitive Batman movie," and it sounds like he's putting a little too much of his personal spin on things, instead of making the "definitive Batman movie."

It's like when Francis Ford Coppola did Dracula and said he was going to follow the book and then made it a love story. :facepalm:

Don't misunderstand, I want to be proven wrong, like I was with Dune, but from what I've seen, there are a few too many liberties taken already for what the director has promised. 

umm, and the 3 Chris Nolan films guest starring Batman weren't? Or the 2 Tim Burton? Or Snyder? (I'm not even mentioning the other 2 films because they barely qualify as movies)

Edited by MyNameIsLegion

On 2/3/2022 at 7:28 AM, MyNameIsLegion said:

umm, and the 3 Chris Nolan films guest starring Batman weren't? Or the 2 Tim Burton? Or Snyder? (I'm not even mentioning the other 2 films because they barely qualify as movies)

But did Burton, Nolan, or Snyder claim to be making “the definitive Batman movie”?

While I appreciate the sentiment, I think the character of Batman has had so many permutations in the comic source material over the years that it wouldn’t be surprising that there would be some disagreement on what constitutes “definitive” Batman.  And that’s before a director brings his own idiosyncratic spin to the character. 

Again, I appreciate what Reeves is attempting, he may be setting a bar for which it is difficult to actually deliver for a number of people. 

On 2/3/2022 at 10:59 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Bulletproof Batman doesn't excite me.

Every post you have made in this thread is how little you are excited over this movie.

Do you think maybe your setting your disappointment destiny?

:shy:

On 2/3/2022 at 11:09 AM, Bosco685 said:

Every post you have made in this thread is how little you are excited over this movie.

Do you think maybe your setting your disappointment destiny?

:shy:

I'm giving The Batman a low bar to meet. If it cannot do that, then I will be sorely disappointed.

On 2/3/2022 at 11:11 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm giving The Batman a low bar to meet. If it cannot do that, then I will be sorely disappointed.

Then leave it at that and see the movie.

Every post being how bad this is going to be and how disappointed you are sure seems like you are setting yourself to hate it before you even walk into the theater.

On 2/3/2022 at 11:15 AM, Bosco685 said:

Then leave it at that and see the movie.

Every post being how bad this is going to be and how disappointed you are sure seems like you are setting yourself to hate it before you even walk into the theater.

I'll comment as I see fit, as I always have. It's not my fault that the trailers and etc have failed to make me feel like this is going to be great.