• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

On 2/10/2022 at 1:37 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Huh. I really haven't seen much hype for this, surprisingly. 

The pre-shows for March 1st sold out within the day of ticket availabilty. Go on social media and it is loaded with chatter of excitement to see Pattinson and Kravitz together in action. And with The Penguin and Gotham PD spin-off shows in the works even Warner media knows it has something to be excited about.

Don't let this echo chamber of primarily Marvel-heavy CGC resellers lead you to believe there is no hype. That would be shorting yourself on reality. There's definitely hype from the studio, theater chains and moviegoers.

On 2/10/2022 at 7:06 PM, Bosco685 said:

The pre-shows for March 1st sold out within the day of ticket availabilty. Go on social media and it is loaded with chatter of excitement to see Pattinson and Kravitz together in action. And with The Penguin and Gotham PD spin-off shows in the works even Warner media knows it has something to be excited about.

Don't let this echo chamber of primarily Marvel-heavy CGC resellers lead you to believe there is no hype. That would be shorting yourself on reality. There's definitely hype from the studio, theater chains and moviegoers.

I meant other forums and social media I use too, they've been pretty quiet about it, which surprised me. But you're right, the places I go are probably more Marvel-centred, come to think of it, even Reddit tends to have a Marvel bias. 

On 2/10/2022 at 5:40 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I meant other forums and social media I use too, they've been pretty quiet about it, which surprised me. But you're right, the places I go are probably more Marvel-centred, come to think of it, even Reddit tends to have a Marvel bias. 

It's incredible when you step back and reflect on the influences on those noting what they like or don't like.

If there is a portion of moviegoers that mainly appreciate an ever-connected comic book franchise with a common story structure, this is their guidepost. Anything not matching that model is sub-standard and therefore not worth their time (and yours - IN THEIR OPINION).

On 2/10/2022 at 7:27 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I mean, to Mecha's point, none of my friends or family even knew that there's a Batman movie coming out next month.

Meh.

They're all there for ya (imaginary or otherwise)!

Capra_Friends.gif.57f35e6b5b4736a933d2154d84fca12f.gif

:baiting: