• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

On 1/31/2022 at 1:42 AM, Bosco685 said:

That's an odd comparison to make.

Spider-Man: No Way Home is the third solo MCU Spider-Man film and the 27th MCU connected franchise film containing multiple actors across 3 separate Spider-Man franchise going back to 2002.

I can see how you compared the two. If I whacked myself in the face with a two by four a few times.

:nyah:

Well... right now I'm only talking about trailer views.  Since people didn't know about any of that other stuff for sure about no way home before the moie actually came out. 

So, on that front, no way home had 355 million trailer views to Batman's 22 million in the first 24 hours.  

Like I said - this movie just doesn't seem to be galvanizing people anywhere near like no way home did.

-J.

On 1/31/2022 at 9:59 AM, Jaydogrules said:

Well... right now I'm only talking about trailer views.  Since people didn't know about any of that other stuff for sure about no way home before the moie actually came out. 

So, on that front, no way home had 355 million trailer views to Batman's 22 million in the first 24 hours.  

Like I said - this movie just doesn't seem to be galvanizing people anywhere near like no way home did.

-J.

Oh I get the comparison you are forcing yourself to see. It just doesn't jive with reality when you consider why Spider-Man: No Way Home received the attention it did. Even before the secret additional heroes confirmation, though all the rumors were out there with Charlie Cox, Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield. It still had Willem Dafoe, Alfred Molina and Jamie Foxx confirmed, along with Doctor Strange and other MCU characters.

So comparing the two films may not be the clear link you are assuming.

On 1/31/2022 at 8:32 AM, Bosco685 said:

Oh I get the comparison you are forcing yourself to see. It just doesn't jive with reality when you consider why Spider-Man: No Way Home received the attention it did. Even before the secret additional heroes confirmation, though all the rumors were out there with Charlie Cox, Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield. It still had Willem Dafoe, Alfred Molina and Jamie Foxx confirmed, along with Doctor Strange and other MCU characters.

So comparing the two films may not be the clear link you are assuming.

So you're saying the movie has very light buzz because the casting looks questionable, characters boring, and the plot/action "been there-done that" ? (shrug)

-J.

On 1/31/2022 at 12:09 PM, Jaydogrules said:

So you're saying the movie has very light buzz because the casting looks questionable, characters boring, and the plot/action "been there-done that" ? (shrug)

-J.

jumping_conclusions.thumb.PNG.664a3bd5f4a79c31e08d182eb4d99882.PNG

I actually didn't say any of that. For all we know this may come out and we are all scratching our heads wondering why. But you take yourself to the negative on films rather rapidly.

For very little buzz you even noted the millions of clicks. There's interest for sure. And a seasoned and successful director/producer. Now to see the final film.

On 1/31/2022 at 9:27 AM, Bosco685 said:

jumping_conclusions.thumb.PNG.664a3bd5f4a79c31e08d182eb4d99882.PNG

I actually didn't say any of that. For all we know this may come out and we are all scratching our heads wondering why. But you take yourself to the negative on films rather rapidly.

For very little buzz you even noted the millions of clicks. There's interest for sure. And a seasoned and successful director/producer. Now to see the final film.

You're right.  We should all probably hope for the best more often, at least until the movie actually comes out.  

But the trailer and cast leave me "meh" so far, and , fair or not, a trailer can still make or break a film.  

-J.

On 1/31/2022 at 12:36 PM, Jaydogrules said:

You're right.  We should all probably hope for the best more often, at least until the movie actually comes out.  

But the trailer and cast leave me "meh" so far, and , fair or not, a trailer can still make or break a film.  

-J.

So far I am liking it more and more. Including a modern twist on The Riddler, and how a character would pretend to be something other than what he truly is.

Robert Pattinson playing with folks pretending he wasn't working out turned out to be just that - a goof. But he has avoided overly bulking up so as to come across as young and somewhat inexperienced Bruce Wayne. Time will tell how this all works out in the end.

On 1/31/2022 at 9:59 AM, Jaydogrules said:

-

Did the 22 million Batman trailer views consist of views on one site, or all sites combined?

On 1/31/2022 at 5:05 PM, Larryw7 said:

Did the 22 million Batman trailer views consist of views on one site, or all sites combined?

Good point as they release the trailer through multiple sources. Like with Trailer #2

The_Batman_Trailer01.PNG.7c12a62bc866bdbdae801f0a56fd7cc2.PNG

The_Batman_Trailer02.PNG.7537e5217f2ff4f1063010ec03f39cbd.PNG

The_Batman_Trailer03.PNG.fa070c84aac3512e7bf2bba036870f47.PNG

The_Batman_Trailer04.PNG.56203604e1c87a74fda06c90c0a16e94.PNG

The_Batman_Trailer05.PNG.f1ed1700962393284c3cc399f26374b8.PNG

48.694M views for an initial Batman franchise film

Edited by Bosco685

On 1/31/2022 at 2:05 PM, Larryw7 said:

Comparisons for No way home and batman trailer views in the first 24 hours:  no way home 355 million , batman 22 million.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbook.com/marvel/amp/news/spider-man-no-way-home-the-batman-trailer-which-batter-fan-debate/

-J.

On 1/31/2022 at 7:00 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Comparisons for No way home and batman trailer views in the first 24 hours:  no way home 355 million , batman 22 million.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbook.com/marvel/amp/news/spider-man-no-way-home-the-batman-trailer-which-batter-fan-debate/

-J.

Do you know therealsilvermane?

On 1/31/2022 at 4:34 PM, Extrovert said:

I like how Batman's mouth and jaw don't need protection.

I like how Frank Miller once cleverly explained the reason for a bright yellow symbol on his chest (which I know, this version does not have) was to give criminals a target more obvious than his mouth haha.

I love Batman, more than any other hero, but I am not surprised that the spidey trailer got more hits. There was more going on there. While this batman film is the start of something new, that spidey movie was a culmination of 20 years of Spider-man films. It wasn't just another spidey film, it was all spidey films, drawing up a huge web to catch all kinds of fans. And plus, in that trailer, we se him go up against one of his greatest foes who looks extreamly recognizable (on account of being the same actor in the same getup). Yet in the Batman trailer, even casual fans who may know the riddler don't really see something they know. 

Basically, while I did just do a comparison, I don't think there is really comparing either film. 

On 1/31/2022 at 10:21 PM, William-James88 said:

...I am not surprised that the spidey trailer got more hits. There was more going on there. While this batman film is the start of something new, that spidey movie was a culmination of 20 years of Spider-man films...

It would be like comparing Man of Steel to The Avengers; A baseless analogy.

I was going to see No Way Home no matter what. I am going to see The Batman because; A. Comic book movie, and; B. Batman.