• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

On 2/16/2022 at 2:01 PM, bentbryan said:

Super pumped for this movie!  Can’t wait to see Pattinson’s version of Batman. The only thing that was a bit of disappointment is the PG13 rating. I didn’t get the memo and had always been under the assumption this was  going to be R. Either way looks good!

As long as WB didn't handcuff Reeves with a PG-13 rating, I'm sure that it'll be fine. He allegedly got to do what he wanted regarding the cut/editing of The Batman.

I like the R-rating when it's a result of the director's/creatives' choices. As we see with the Nolan trilogy, PG-13 works for Batman.

On 2/16/2022 at 2:17 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

As long as WB didn't handcuff Reeves with a PG-13 rating, I'm sure that it'll be fine. He allegedly got to do what he wanted regarding the cut/editing of The Batman.

I like the R-rating when it's a result of the director's/creatives' choices. As we see with the Nolan trilogy, PG-13 works for Batman.

Good points. Was it at some point rumored to be R or did I just concoct that on my own?

Edit after quick search.  Just fan speculation that it would be violent enough to get the R rating 

Edited by bentbryan

On 2/16/2022 at 2:20 PM, bentbryan said:

Good points. Was it at some point rumored to be R or did I just concoct that on my own? 

You probably got secondhand click-baited. With all of the buzzwords like "dark", "edgy", this and that being thrown around I'm sure that more than a handful of people theorized that it would be Rated-R.

Batman: Year Two probably doesn't need much brutality or language.

On 2/15/2022 at 5:33 AM, Larryw7 said:

I wonder if this guy posts here. :insane:

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/02/man-misses-birth-to-see-batman-1234699033/

Spoiler-Fearing Man to Skip Birth of His Child to See ‘The Batman’

The Batman

“The Batman”

Warner Bros.

The Batman” does not hit theaters until next month, but Matt Reeves’ take on the Caped Crusader is already causing marital friction. A Reddit user recently captured the Internet’s attention when she lamented that her husband has taken his DC Comics fandom to a new level, as he is planning on missing the birth of their child so that he can see the movie on opening day.

The man’s wife took to the infamous “Am I the individual_without_enough_empathy?” subreddit to figure out if she was the one in the wrong for objecting to this idea. “My (25F) husband (28M) and I are expecting a baby. As you may know, there is a new Batman movie releasing on early march. My husband is a big fan of that kind of stuff and wants to see it opening day. The issue is that our estimated due date is exactly on that day” she wrote in a Reddit post.

It turns out that the man has a reason for potentially spending the first day of his new family’s existence at a movie theater: he’s worried about spoilers. “He says it is important to see the movie the first day because of spoilers and that, even I end up having the baby that day while he is watching the movie, at worst he would arrived a few hours late and is not such a big deal,” his wife wrote. “He says I am being irrational and emotional because of being pregnant. I am upset because I feel deprioritized by him.”

While the Reddit users who responded to her post tended to be supportive of this woman and critical of her husband’s priorities, no verdict was reached on whether or not he’ll be seeing the movie spoiler-free. It is worth noting that “The Batman” has a running time of two hours and 55 minutes, so even if the new father attends an early screening, it still has a high chance of cutting into the birth of his offspring.

Popular on IndieWire

“The Batman” stars Robert Pattinson, Zoë Kravitz, Paul Dano, Colin Farrell, and Andy Serkis. The film is set to be released on March 4.

His priorities are well sorted out.  You can have plenty of kids, but there will only be one premiere for The Batman.  :sumo: