• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,394 posts in this topic

Got a couple of new figs in today, and I'm also currently trying to learn Photoshop compositing, so I thought I'd try a quick-and-dirty composite with an iPhone pic. I clearly have a lot to learn... xD You can't tell from this, but I really am a photographer as part of my job, so I'm looking forward to setting up my gear (lights, etc.) and taking some actual, nice figure shots and then keep plugging away at the Photoshop compositing tutorials!

483207899_supesplanet.thumb.jpg.8eba60f0fe00e801265f8f397a4fb5cb.jpg

Quick reminder that for anyone shopping Lego, that in a few hours it will be August 1st.

That is the 'great markup' around the world where sets will be adjusted to reflect current economic climate.  They have never done anything like this before.  Usually if a set is released at a price point of $100, it stays at that price until it retires.

You can order off of Target, Walmart and Lego at this point. 

Here is a leaked partial list of new MSRPs comparing the changes. 

Some sets are going to be repriced at up to $70 more than they are now.

Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 11.13.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 11.13.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 11.14.05 PM.png

It was a good toy weekend for me. First up, Transformers! My Selects Cyclonus (i.e. original toy deco) showed up this weekend. Same mold as Kingdom, obviously, but in the deep, rich purple of the original G1 figure. Oddly, the elbows and upper arms on mine are REALLY loose. I don't usually run into joint problems, and this isn't a mold they've done to death, so I was a little surprised.

I plan on displaying him in jet mode, as I love the design, and he can be "His Armada" to my Kingdom Cyclonus. Speaking of which, I've worked on my modern TF display a bit. My Detolfs are full of vintage TF and Joes, so I had to convert a bookshelf into a modern TF display. It is black, like, "none more black" black, so I tried brightening it up with some puck lights and led strips. Looks ok for now. This is my '86 movie display. Still need a few guys to round it out, but you get the basic idea.

IMG_7955.JPG

IMG_7961.JPG

IMG_7930.JPG

IMG_7931.JPG

IMG_7933.JPG

IMG_7934.JPG

IMG_7960.JPG

On 8/1/2022 at 10:21 AM, Gonzimodo said:

Awesome Rolling Thunder! (thumbsu

Thanks! I'm loving it, just have to figure out where I'm going to put it!

On 8/1/2022 at 10:24 AM, F For Fake said:

I was looking into buying one a couple years ago but realized I have nowhere to display it.  Every time I see one, the urge to buy comes back strongly, though...

On 8/1/2022 at 10:24 AM, F For Fake said:

My current hope for the next two Haslab projects... 

1 - Full sized 3 3/4" scale Ghost from Rebels

2 - Rolling Thunder that transforms into Optimus Prime in scale with the 3 3/4" figures like they have done with Megatron and Bumblebee as the Hiss Tank and AWE Striker. 

On 8/1/2022 at 11:48 AM, Buzzetta said:

My current hope for the next two Haslab projects... 

1 - Full sized 3 3/4" scale Ghost from Rebels

2 - Rolling Thunder that transforms into Optimus Prime in scale with the 3 3/4" figures like they have done with Megatron and Bumblebee as the Hiss Tank and AWE Striker. 

I know Lenny has mentioned his love of the Rolling Thunder many times, so I think this mash-up is more likely than some might think! It would be an auto-purchase for me!

I know a few people are looking for this.  It is a Target exclusive and finally up on their site. 

https://www.target.com/p/transformers-buzzworthy-bumblebee-creatures-collide-multipack/-/A-84794210

I believe this is the first G1 Style Goldbug that Hasbro has done since the 80's.  Seems a waste that it is a Target Exclusive but for anyone else looking. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 11.56.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 11.56.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 11.56.36 AM.png

On 8/1/2022 at 3:39 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Got my first ever Mafex today - I can't believe how nice this figure is. I mean, it should be for the money, but wow. I'd been waffling on buying this for awhile and I finally went for it, and I couldn't be happier.

batman.thumb.jpg.b957122b9c29db00740422804b2bcdfe.jpg

Agreed, it's fantastic.  Every Mafex made over the last few years is, really.

The Mafex version with the black suit is great as well.  Mine is below shown on the Mythic Legions Balius horse.

AL9nZEX7EIThHV1t6ryO4hK3VCEWcqY1JtFRbcuJ