• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,415 posts in this topic

On 8/25/2022 at 7:27 PM, Namtak said:

My father saw the publicity on tv, i tought buying it online but you pay for shipping so..i buy it at a magazine-cigar store.

Ah cool. I've been so busy dollar bin diving. :(

After all the time it doesn't pay off, it reminds me that I need to visit the LCS just to check it out. A magazine cigar store sounds interesting!

On 8/25/2022 at 8:07 PM, Namtak said:

You can also buy the official binders for the magazines but i dont,honestly i browse them and put them in the recycling bin after(shrug)i recieve them already heavilly creased so ...

Cool, thank you. Seems similar to some things that Eaglemoss put out.

On 8/25/2022 at 8:27 PM, Namtak said:

My father saw the publicity on tv, i tought buying it online but you pay for shipping so..i buy it at a magazine-cigar store.

Thanks for sharing all of this, it's been fun to watch it as you go! As a longtime Alien obsessive, I've been wanting to get into this, but I haven't found a good way to get it here in the US. Hatchette won't offer it outside of the UK on their website, and I haven't seen another reliable source. Can't wait to see it once it's all done!

On 8/29/2022 at 6:21 PM, followtheleader said:

2nd ED-209 I've found in the last month.  Keeping this one.

Cap assembly is super tight.  Thought it may have been unused, but I did see some residue.  

Though it pales in comparison to the recent releases, I love this toy.  Simple but a great representation from the movie.

Patrick

20220829_191221.jpg

20220829_191229.jpg

20220829_191236.jpg

20220829_191247.jpg

That is super cool 😎 I had a friend as a kid who is no longer with us that was super into robocop. Idk that I saw it until much later, he was always talking if it so I felt I HAD seen it haha

On 8/29/2022 at 7:21 PM, followtheleader said:

Cap assembly is super tight.  Thought it may have been unused, but I did see some residue.  

Though it pales in comparison to the recent releases, I love this toy.  Simple but a great representation from the movie.

Patrick

20220829_191221.jpg

20220829_191229.jpg

20220829_191236.jpg

20220829_191247.jpg

This is epic, I always wanted one growing up

On 8/29/2022 at 7:21 PM, followtheleader said:

Patrick

20220829_191221.jpg

20220829_191229.jpg

20220829_191236.jpg

20220829_191247.jpg

That's great! Back in the early eBay days, there was a former Kenner employee who had tons of great stuff he was selling from his personal collection. Unused cardbacks, protos, etc. I bought a super sharp set of Robocop figures from him, they looked like they'd come fresh off of the line. Long since sold, unfortunately, but I've always loved this line.

On 8/30/2022 at 3:09 PM, Yorick said:

I keep looking for some of the Robocop figures for a customization project (figure scale is perfect) but I can't find a figure with enough damage that I'd want to "chop-up".

That ED-209 is sweet! ( @followtheleader)

Wish I had known.  I sold the second one to a local guy. 

He was nice, but a reseller.  He actually got a nice chunk of change for it and it was semi-rough. 

If you're bored, this is a video/review of the toy.   

Looks like the cap action can really jack up the figure.  It's no wonder so many have yellowed plastic.   

I definitely won't run caps thru this one. 

Patrick

On 8/30/2022 at 5:16 PM, followtheleader said:

Wish I had known.  I sold the second one to a local guy. 

He was nice, but a reseller.  He actually got a nice chunk of change for it and it was semi-rough. 

If you're bored, this is a video/review of the toy.   

Looks like the cap action can really jack up the figure.  It's no wonder so many have yellowed plastic.   

I definitely won't run caps thru this one. 

Patrick

Interesting and thanks! I was going to say, yours looked particularly dark or a different color lol

I thought it was just my eyes or the lighting 🤔  

Got these at Dollarama for $4.50cdn each.  Really only wanted the Ferret since it had Storm Shadow but then I thought to myself since I was also getting some more Hot Wheels and a couple are lego ones that need drivers why not get some extras.  Have GI Joe/ Cobra drivers lol.

fakelegojoes.jpg

Edited by whisp

I bought a few of these on clearance here in the states myself. Too cool to pass up for around $5 each IMO :)

On 8/31/2022 at 1:30 PM, whisp said:

Got these at Dollarama for $4.50cdn each.  Really only wanted the Ferret since it had Storm Shadow but then I thought to myself since I was also getting some more Hot Wheels and a couple are lego ones that need drivers why not get some extras.  Have GI Joe/ Cobra drivers lol.

fakelegojoes.jpg

I've preordered and paid for the NECA TMNT II Secret Of The Ooze 4 pack, but that's not out until next year. To kill time I've decided I may as well try and pick up the first movie turtles too (I've already got most of the supporting characters I want: Shredder, Splinter, Foot Soldiers, Casey on the way, no April yet as I'm hoping they'll do a TMNT II option, which I'd prefer). So a single pack movie 1 Donatello arrived today, I got it cheap thanks to an Aussie retailer who had it on clearance. He was the only one, but it's a start.

Damn this is a nice figure. Just absolutely beautiful. I knew I should have got these years ago, now I REALLY regret waiting this long. 

K made a couple changes and the bike actually balances.  One side has a gun sort of like how the RAM did and the other side has a saddle bag.  Added some of the stickers.  This is all stuff from that kit nothing added but I cut pieces and glued some in place.

Edit:  Couple finishes touches, foot shifter bars or whatever they are called and a gas cap lol.

ninjabikecomplete.jpg

Edited by whisp

On 8/31/2022 at 10:45 PM, whisp said:

K made a couple changes and the bike actually balances.  One side has a gun sort of like how the RAM did and the other side has a saddle bag.  Added some of the stickers.  This is all stuff from that kit nothing added but I cut pieces and glued some in place.

Edit:  Couple finishes touches, foot shifter bars or whatever they are called and a gas cap lol.

ninjabikecomplete.jpg

Ha! I was just checking the lastest posts on Hisstank and saw these pics over there.