• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,415 posts in this topic

On 9/5/2022 at 10:06 PM, followtheleader said:

Very nice assemblage!

Need a blue version in there.  I know, it's "technically" not Storm Shadow.  But for me, it will always be a blue Storm Shadow.

Patrick

Ninja Force Storm Shadow colour changes to like a blue :P

On 9/6/2022 at 6:02 AM, F For Fake said:

At long last, I have completed this model kit, which I started back in January! I have a bad habit of starting something and then just...wandering away.

I have been working on my Lost Light crew for a couple of years now, slowly picking away at it via a mishmash of Hasbro and 3P figures. However, I was never able to find a version of IDW Hot Rod that I liked. Then, one day, I saw the advertisement for the Flame Toys Furai Rodimus model kit, and I had to have it.

Full disclosure, I've never finished a model kit in my life. I LOVE model kits! Love seeing what other people do with them. But I never felt I had the patience or skill to finish one myself. However, this seemed like it might be up my alley, being a snap-together kit that I didn't even have to paint.

So, several YouTube tutorials later, and many months of laying dormant, I finally finished it up this weekend. The assembly wasn't difficult, though it could be tedious. As for painting, I tried my hand at "panel lining" for the first time. it was a learning experience, and I have learned what not to do the next time, but for a first ever effort, I think he turned out pretty well! I used my Molotow chrome pen to do the piping as well, and it's looks pretty snazzy.

So, now that this is done, I have the confidence to continue. I think i'm going to try the Furai Megatron kit next, as he is the best IDW version on the market. And so now my Lost Light crew finally has a captain!

Before and after panel-lining/chroming pics:

IMG_8881.JPG

IMG_8882.JPG

IMG_8883.JPG

IMG_8885.JPG

IMG_8889.JPG

IMG_8911.JPG

Nice work! Always nice to finish a model .... been too long since I have built one myself.

On 9/6/2022 at 3:25 PM, 707comics said:

The blue is so unique on the "Blue Storm Shadow" as Patrick referred to it (lol). I love it!

image.jpeg

I love it too.  I'm sure it helps that it's worth quite a bit.  

Being a direct rip of the 84 version and a weird blue would typically be a turn-off for me.   But not in this case. 

Still looking for a darn file card.  

Patrick

I have a question for this thread, assuming that's appropriate...for those that collect on-card figures and don't have anywhere to display them, how do you store them? I've started picking up 90s Toy Biz X-Mens, and now that I'm at like 20 or so...I don't have a ton of space for them and am not sure how best to get them into, like, a closet space.

On 9/7/2022 at 8:10 AM, Cocomonkey said:

I have a question for this thread, assuming that's appropriate...for those that collect on-card figures and don't have anywhere to display them, how do you store them? I've started picking up 90s Toy Biz X-Mens, and now that I'm at like 20 or so...I don't have a ton of space for them and am not sure how best to get them into, like, a closet space.

Mine are packed away in boxes, which are in the closet

On 9/7/2022 at 10:10 AM, Cocomonkey said:

You can always ship it to one of us:shy:

Generally most figures stack together very well bubble against bubble, and that gives you a lot of room to work with. It gets messy if there's die-cuts or embossing, but you can deal with that. 

On 9/7/2022 at 10:10 AM, Cocomonkey said:

Like others, I was storing them in plastic bins, as well as packed up in boxes that were sealed up and stored in my "storage area" (fancy term for "laundry room.") And I do still have some stuff stashed away. But over the last few months I have sold a lot of that stuff, as I began to feel that there wasn't much point to owning stuff I couldn't see. And oddly enough, my MOC X-Men figures were some of the first to go! I love 'em, but they're not doing me any good packed up in a box for years. So off they went. These days I'm trying to limit my purchases to what I can reasonably display. This change in thinking has helped me prioritize my collecting, and partake in less runaway spending. I had to finally admit that I can't afford to buy every single thing that I think is cool, and I can't afford the space to store it all either.

Good luck with whatever you decide. If you DO decide to store them, make sure it's in a cool, dry place.

On 9/7/2022 at 7:10 AM, Cocomonkey said:

As mentioned already, most stack well if they are from the same manufacturer / product line. I have plastic tote bins w/ wheels and lids that I store mine in. Throw a couple of humidity packs in with them if you are in a humid environment.