• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,415 posts in this topic

On 9/7/2022 at 4:56 PM, 707comics said:

As mentioned already, most stack well if they are from the same manufacturer / product line. I have plastic tote bins w/ wheels and lids that I store mine in. Throw a couple of humidity packs in with them if you are in a humid environment. 

I got rid of them, along with all of my carded action figures long ago, but I used to have some peg boards from home depot with metal pegs in them. Stuck them on a wall and put the carded figures on them like it was the action figure aisle at a department store.

On 9/7/2022 at 10:10 AM, Cocomonkey said:

I have a question for this thread, assuming that's appropriate...for those that collect on-card figures and don't have anywhere to display them, how do you store them? I've started picking up 90s Toy Biz X-Mens, and now that I'm at like 20 or so...I don't have a ton of space for them and am not sure how best to get them into, like, a closet space.

It's a good question.  I don't know what to do with 95% of my collection since I moved.   So it's sat in a room for 4 months. 

My MOTU and some Joes are in file cabinets (in their plastic casings).  

Other Joes and Star Wars are in long boxes (also in their plastic casings). 

But I have a bunch that I don't know what to do with.   Many, many more vintage Star Wars, Joes, original TMNT, Food Fighters, etc. 

Patrick 

Thanks all...sounds like I just need to get a bigger box or two and store them in there. Wasn't sure if there was a better way, but guess not. The eventual plan is a peg wall display, but that's likely a few years down the line. I wasn't planning to start collecting them now, but there've just been some opportunities/prices I found too hard to pass up :bigsmile:

6618730D-5562-4C6E-81F3-2E7D1A14B108.thumb.jpeg.d4186a1fa803aa34e19835b0b8de176b.jpeg

A857C127-A042-487F-8FB7-217C938C80AF.jpeg

plastic model kits from bandai I liked these kits probably going to add it to my statue collection.

Edited by Krismusic

On 9/10/2022 at 4:34 AM, F For Fake said:

Next up, the Reaction Pyramid of Darkness set. Now, I really love the idea of this line, with the Sunbow likenesses and deep cut character selection. But the problem, again. Is the price. Roughly $18 a pop, and 6 to 9 army builders per wave, it’s a bit much.

However, I am all in for as many of these episode specific sets as they want to make. This one pushes nostalgia buttons hard. Love it. And the packaging is beautiful as well.

6D970088-AEB2-4216-98DC-407949DA2805.jpeg

F31164E8-1C82-4539-8EF2-D83D3B41B77E.jpeg

CBF2F612-920A-4C53-A674-2FA688B12B2B.jpeg

B1F22E95-8BF8-4077-B229-16BCDE5AE824.jpeg

933B9D11-0E3E-46BA-9576-A37F48A9362B.jpeg

56EA2920-5299-4522-AF59-AB9EFC155C4D.jpeg

EB42E256-C7FC-4B23-A7E3-2D7C71D90D37.jpeg

Love the packaging ..... the figures not so much :)

On 9/10/2022 at 11:30 AM, 707comics said:

Love the packaging ..... the figures not so much :)

I totally understand the arguments of those who don’t like the figures, with the 5 POA and all. Personally I don’t mind that, since the sculpts are so cartoon accurate. But again, at that price, it’s just hard to swallow.

On 9/10/2022 at 5:39 AM, F For Fake said:

And finally, I got around to picking up the second Macready figure from The Thing. I’d been planning on getting him for a while, but hadn’t been in a huge hurry as it’s basically the same figure as the first, with different accessories.

And it’s the accessories that sell it. You can recreate the blood test scene in the comfort of your own home! The only problem: these pieces are TINY. For instance, the hand, blood effect, and the Petri dish are three separate pieces, and they don’t snap together into place, so the stuff just falls apart instantly. I am actually thinking about gluing them together, which would be a sin, but there’s almost zero chance I don’t lose these bits in a few days.

PS: the flamethrower is very nice as well.

03B713B9-A02C-40B7-8580-EF7E69727C21.jpeg

776C7A69-781B-4715-AE2C-39EF264886DA.jpeg

8CD78817-897A-4C0B-9487-A584DF36AF22.jpeg

This is awesome

On 9/10/2022 at 8:35 AM, F For Fake said:

I totally understand the arguments of those who don’t like the figures, with the 5 POA and all. Personally I don’t mind that, since the sculpts are so cartoon accurate. But again, at that price, it’s just hard to swallow.

So much Joe stuff, I have to make sure I don't get sucked in by too much lol

On 9/10/2022 at 11:59 AM, 707comics said:

So much Joe stuff, I have to make sure I don't get sucked in by too much lol

Oh for sure! I try to focus on vintage, but every once I a while something new will pop up that I just can’t say no to.

Speaking of, is this the appropriate place to ask about help for finding , or do we have our own BST? 

I'm looking for the 1990 NECA first movie Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 7 inch scale 2pack, movie Michelangelo and Raphael set. These can be found at Target and Walmart, in various sections of the store. I'm happy to pay cost, shipping, and a thank you fee. I am aware bootlegs exist and really only want legit NECA figures please. Please note these are the first movie figures, not Secret Of The Ooze. You'll have no trouble there, as the different 2packs have different character combinations. So there is no Michelangelo/Raphael SOTO 2 pack. 

I've got Leo and Donnie (2 Donnies in fact) and the second movie 4pack on the way, but now I want to complete the first movie team too. Please note that while I live in Australia, upon your shipping preference you may either mail directly to me or to my trusted friend in the USA, Virginia Beach area. 

Please help me! 

Edited by Cat