• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,374 posts in this topic

On 9/27/2022 at 2:47 PM, Cat said:

I thought the same thing, and really wondered it out loud this morning when I saw the BBTS sale, too. 

I wish Hasbro had put more into it's own RED line. They were surprisingly good figures, but they never made it to retail here, so I had to resort to eBay, and only ever managed to find wave 1 for sale. Still, they were really decent figures for the money. 

I really love the one RED figure I picked up, Megatron. He's here on my desk at work. I will eventually pick the rest up, I've just been lazy, and since they're not flying off the shelves, I haven't been in a hurry. But for the price, they are really nice figures. Much smaller than the Ultimates, standing around the height of a Hasbro Deluxe. But lots of nice accessories, and great posing as well.

On 9/28/2022 at 4:51 AM, F For Fake said:

I really love the one RED figure I picked up, Megatron. He's here on my desk at work. I will eventually pick the rest up, I've just been lazy, and since they're not flying off the shelves, I haven't been in a hurry. But for the price, they are really nice figures. Much smaller than the Ultimates, standing around the height of a Hasbro Deluxe. But lots of nice accessories, and great posing as well.

Oh are the Ultimates that much bigger than the RED? I was expecting them to come in at about 7 inches. 

On 9/27/2022 at 2:53 PM, Cat said:

Oh are the Ultimates that much bigger than the RED? I was expecting them to come in at about 7 inches. 

Yeah, the ultimates are quite a bit bigger. I think the Ultimates are roughly 7" scale, while RED is more like 6". I only have the Megatron RED in front of me, and he stands a hair over 6", whereas the Optimus ultimates has to be more like 8". He's the tallest in the line so far, though, Bombshell is a bit shorter. But that's really what I like best about the Ultimates, is that they're a big, satisfying chunk of plastic.

Here's a screengrab of EmGo's review of the Ultimates Optimus, side by side with RED, gives you an idea. They're pretty big figures!

opt.GIF

On 9/27/2022 at 8:22 PM, followtheleader said:

Went to Colorado this weekend for my final moving load and drove back. 

Decided to check Craigslist (I have about a 0.01% expectation of finding anything there now). 

To my surprise, the poster had a small vintage TableTop grouping for sale. 

But I noticed that it had been posted since July, so I thought there was no chance of it being available. 

Contacted the poster and heard back a day later.   Poster said not one person had contacted her and they were available.   I still cannot believe that. 

I told her that I'd be there in 2 weeks which understandably made her leary.   A day later, she said I could buy them if they were still available. 

A day later, the posting disappeared.   I was crushed.   But I reached out anyway and it turns out the posting feel off of CL but hadn't sold.   Jackpot!

Zoom up to this weekend and we met.   They all worked (video and sound!). 

Got them for a very good price.   

Thought I'd post one.  If people want to see more, I can post. 

Not mint condition.  Slight sticker wear, some scratches on one. 

I'm thinking some are Canadian release as they have French on the buttons (but oddly English on the screen).   Guessing that devalues them. 

This is my favorite.   The graphics of Mario are so good.   

Patrick 

20220927_192851.jpg

20220927_192907.jpg

Need translation?mise au jeu-start the game.sautez-jump

Nice catch!

On 9/28/2022 at 5:06 AM, F For Fake said:

Here's a screengrab of EmGo's review of the Ultimates Optimus, side by side with RED, gives you an idea. They're pretty big figures!

opt.GIF

Wow, that is a huge chunk of plastic. Definitely makes me appreciate the difference more between them now. 

On 9/27/2022 at 8:52 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Do you know of them? Or were they a common site to be specialized for French?

To be honest,back in the days my father bought one here in Québec and its in english. Tbh i never noticed that detail before but i know at least 3 guys who should know,will try to have an answer for you this week end.it picked my interest anyway lol

On 9/27/2022 at 8:01 PM, Namtak said:

To be honest,back in the days my father bought one here in Québec and its in english. Tbh i never noticed that detail before but i know at least 3 guys who should know,will try to have an answer for you this week end.it picked my interest anyway lol

Ah no worries 😉 it just seemed like I had seemed them recently at GameStop, so I wasn't dured if it was some type of retro fitted or actual vintage. (thumbsu

On 9/27/2022 at 9:04 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ah no worries 😉 it just seemed like I had seemed them recently at GameStop, so I wasn't dured if it was some type of retro fitted or actual vintage. (thumbsu

Its the real deal for sure.not the same as those in gamestop.its vintage.i saw some in french but ill know for sure saturday at fleamarket.

On 9/27/2022 at 9:29 PM, Namtak said:

Its the real deal for sure.not the same as those in gamestop.its vintage.i saw some in french but ill know for sure saturday at fleamarket.

Battery cover says 1981 Nintendo/1982 Coleco Canada. 

Patrick

On 9/27/2022 at 8:34 PM, followtheleader said:

Battery cover says 1981 Nintendo/1982 Coleco Canada. 

Patrick

Oh wow! Some reason I was trying to picture late 70's. I was wondering how the modern ones compare, but amazing the battery cage hadn't oxidized nor rusted. I have a Raiden statue that the hand and eyes light up, I tried to refrain from leaving batteries in it for that reason. I like it a lot, or I think it's neat. I just haven't been the owner of something that needed batteries in a long time. In fact the Sams club for rid of their big battery display. Just things I think about. :roflmao:

On 9/27/2022 at 8:22 PM, followtheleader said:

Went to Colorado this weekend for my final moving load and drove back. 

Decided to check Craigslist (I have about a 0.01% expectation of finding anything there now). 

To my surprise, the poster had a small vintage TableTop grouping for sale. 

But I noticed that it had been posted since July, so I thought there was no chance of it being available. 

Contacted the poster and heard back a day later.   Poster said not one person had contacted her and they were available.   I still cannot believe that. 

I told her that I'd be there in 2 weeks which understandably made her leary.   A day later, she said I could buy them if they were still available. 

A day later, the posting disappeared.   I was crushed.   But I reached out anyway and it turns out the posting feel off of CL but hadn't sold.   Jackpot!

Zoom up to this weekend and we met.   They all worked (video and sound!). 

Got them for a very good price.   

Thought I'd post one.  If people want to see more, I can post. 

Not mint condition.  Slight sticker wear, some scratches on one. 

I'm thinking some are Canadian release as they have French on the buttons (but oddly English on the screen).   Guessing that devalues them. 

This is my favorite.   The graphics of Mario are so good.   

Patrick 

20220927_192851.jpg

20220927_192907.jpg

Oh man that is a beaut. I’d love to see as many of them as you feel like sharing. I’ve contemplated many times pursuing these, as they bring back such memories. I have a full size vintage Pac-Man machine, I’d like to get the mini someday to go with it!

On 9/27/2022 at 10:00 PM, F For Fake said:

Oh man that is a beaut. I’d love to see as many of them as you feel like sharing. I’ve contemplated many times pursuing these, as they bring back such memories. I have a full size vintage Pac-Man machine, I’d like to get the mini someday to go with it!

I have the mini Coleco Pac Man.  I just looked at it and the glue that holds the stickers dried up and the labels fell off.  They are still in beautiful condition.  Any advice on the glue to use to put the labels back on the machine? 

On 9/27/2022 at 9:00 PM, F For Fake said:

+1  :shy:

Would love to see more, just to know whatnwas available then!

On 9/27/2022 at 10:24 PM, Buzzetta said:

I have the mini Coleco Pac Man.  I just looked at it and the glue that holds the stickers dried up and the labels fell off.  They are still in beautiful condition.  Any advice on the glue to use to put the labels back on the machine? 

Post pics of that badboy.  Sounds awesome. 

Patrick

On 9/27/2022 at 10:24 PM, Buzzetta said:

Would love to see it! As for re-sticking the stickers, I'd say it's a matter of how far you want to go. I would hesitate to use any sort of super glue, gorilla glue, or anything that might permanently affect the plastic. They'll likely work, but I'd worry about what is happening to the plastic under that glue.

Unfortunately, less caustic glues like Elmer's Glue or a glue stick usually won't work well with plastic. You may get it to stick for a while, but it likely won't last. Some folks use Mounting Film (probably find it at a scrapbooking place) or there are also adhesive sheets from 3M, which sort of act like double-sided tape, in sheet form. You could always cut those to fit, then mount.

And if you really want to spend the time or money, you could do high-res scans of the originals and print them onto adhesive sheets. Cut and mount the new stickers, and store the originals.