• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
27 27

9,523 posts in this topic

On 4/2/2023 at 6:38 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm sure they did the math, if it was one foot off it would be crash city!  :ohnoez:

Science!

Come on Addy, who would want a 92 foot Flagg? Clearly that's ridiculous. 

On 4/1/2023 at 5:41 PM, Cat said:

Come on Addy, who would want a 92 foot Flagg? Clearly that's ridiculous. 

lol You know how many youtube videos you could do?

I watched one with a race car track from the 80's those attached pieces went 100 square feet though water falls and lights to loopty loos and jumps, before landing in a beer pong cup :roflmao:

It already had 100k views, I'm sure they got paid, I'm still surprised I watched the 15 minute thing doh!

lol 

Thing is that a haslab 3 3/4 skystriker is roughly $400 and you get 6 in classified scale so just saying maybe $500 each for those lol.  That alone is  $3000,  Then 12 dragonflies in classified scale I would assume an other $3000 just to be fair.  You would be getting a 91 foot Flagg for free.  $3499 actually sounds like a great deal.   :P

On 4/2/2023 at 3:03 PM, BitterOldMan said:

Super7 GI Joe 

From the end of Pyramid of Darkness.

Baroness as nurse

Cobra Commander as old lady

Destro as city worker

IMG_1919.thumb.webp.953b30babc9a723d69d59474f4747996.webpIMG_1926.thumb.jpeg.7491de5e0d4943a4869b903f01d8e5e6.jpeg

Love this stuff. I know a lot of people aren't into the Super 7 stuff, and I realize that they're crazy expensive given the size, but I am a sucker for the semi-obscure cartoon stuff. 

This thing arrived from Pulse today, I'd kinda forgotten about it. I almost passed on it, as I only wanted two of the figures, Pretty Boy and Vertigo. I have no interest in the others, as they come from an era of X-Men that I think was pretty spoon. So, off to eBay with the three leftovers. Stryfe is a nice looking figure, but I don't know anything about the character. 

With the two I'm keeping, I'm fairly pleased. Pretty Boy's hands are crazy tight, and practically impossibly to get the guns into them. Once you do, he can't aim straight. Bah. But the fact that he exists at all, and that Hasbro seems intent on delivering a full team of Reavers to fans, hits me right in the nostalgia zone. Vertigo is another, and I hope this means that there's some chance we'll get the other Marauders at some point.

IMG_2666.JPG

IMG_2668.JPG

IMG_2669.JPG

IMG_2670.JPG

IMG_2671.JPG

IMG_2672.JPG

IMG_2675.JPG

On 4/2/2023 at 7:59 PM, F For Fake said:

Stryfe is a nice looking figure, but I don't know anything about the character. 

Stryfe is the character in that set most people want so he'll sell easily.  He's a clone of Cable who was cured of the virus that inhibits Cable's powers, so he's a super-powerful version of Cable.  Genetically he's the son of Cyclops and Jean Grey just as Cable is, but as a clone Jean didn't deliver him.

Stryfe and Pretty Boy are the only ones I actively want because I'm unfamiliar with the others.  I want to like Vertigo but am bummed they just re-used a Sue Storm head for her from the figure shown below.  They haven't re-used a head for a different character like this in QUITE a while, maybe 5 years or so now, and I hope they don't keep doing it.  :eek:

invisible-woman-1327.jpg

On 4/2/2023 at 11:07 PM, fantastic_four said:

Stryfe is the character in that set most people want so he'll sell easily.  He's a clone of Cable who was cured of the virus that inhibits Cable's powers, so he's a super-powerful version of Cable.  Genetically he's the son of Cyclops and Jean Grey just as Cable is, but as a clone Jean didn't deliver him.

Stryfe and Pretty Boy are the only ones I actively want because I'm unfamiliar with the others.  I want to like Vertigo but am bummed they just re-used a Sue Storm head for her from the figure shown below.  They haven't re-used a head for a different character like this in QUITE a while, maybe 5 years or so now, and I hope they don't keep doing it.  :eek:

invisible-woman-1327.jpg

Oh wow, that really is just a straight up repaint, that's interesting. I guess whatever it takes to get a variety of characters into our hands, is fair game. Then again I may just be used to it as a Transformers collector, where they re-use the same molds half a zillion times. 

On 4/3/2023 at 8:31 AM, F For Fake said:

Oh wow, that really is just a straight up repaint, that's interesting. I guess whatever it takes to get a variety of characters into our hands, is fair game.

The main guy coming up with ideas for and approving designs for Marvel Legends is Ryan Ting, and I think this is the very first head sculpt they've re-used since he came onboard.  They re-use EVERY part as much as they possibly can, but they haven't been re-using head sculpts since Ting started.  I don't recall the year he started, but it was somewhere around 2015 or 2016.  If you've watched any of the Marvel Legends streams from the past few years, or the toy convention interviews with the Legends team since 2015 or so you've definitely seen Ting because he's usually the most prominent speaker.  Great guy who is fun to listen to.  He also seems to collaborate somewhat closely with Jesse Falcon who used to be the primary designer for Marvel Legends when Toy Biz did them, and now he works for Marvel and leads their toy production efforts with Hasbro, Diamond, Disney, etc etc and seems to have a final say in what Marvel toys come out from all manufacturers.  At least in the US...I haven't been able to tell if he has any involvement with international toys such as the plethora of high-end licensed Marvel action figures that come out of Japan.

I can see them re-using Transformers molds, but the human face is what humans instinctively recognize and respond to the most so it makes far less sense to re-use faces.  I wouldn't mind them re-using the hair, but the face?  That's a whole new level of cheapness, and I hope this doesn't become common.  :frustrated:

Edited by fantastic_four

Could my quest for the Legacy Stunticons have come to an end? I've got Wildrider and Drag Strip, Breakdown is on his way to me. Dead End has eluded me for months, but thanks to a friend I was able to get a preorder for him at Entertainment Earth, after my own searches proved fruitless. He wasn't cheap, costing me $90AU for a figure that would be $40AU, but I'll just be glad to get him. I hope they come through for me, I don't usually deal with EE. That just leaves Motormaster, and I know the Toyworld in the city near me did have 2 copies of him, and I doubt they've gone anywhere due to the ridiculous price tag they've got on him, $180AU, double his US price. But it's literally the only place I know of to get him, so I'm now willing to pay it if they've still got him. If not, I'm screwed. 

That'll let me complete Menasor. I will be displaying the big guy with his legs backwards, because as is I think it's pointless to have him, seeing as the 2 legbots are displayed backwards so you literally can't even see them, making them a waste of time and money to even have. At least backwards you can see them, G1 accuracy be damned. 

On 4/9/2023 at 3:07 AM, Cat said:

Could my quest for the Legacy Stunticons have come to an end? I've got Wildrider and Drag Strip, Breakdown is on his way to me. Dead End has eluded me for months, but thanks to a friend I was able to get a preorder for him at Entertainment Earth, after my own searches proved fruitless. He wasn't cheap, costing me $90AU for a figure that would be $40AU, but I'll just be glad to get him. I hope they come through for me, I don't usually deal with EE. That just leaves Motormaster, and I know the Toyworld in the city near me did have 2 copies of him, and I doubt they've gone anywhere due to the ridiculous price tag they've got on him, $180AU, double his US price. But it's literally the only place I know of to get him, so I'm now willing to pay it if they've still got him. If not, I'm screwed. 

That'll let me complete Menasor. I will be displaying the big guy with his legs backwards, because as is I think it's pointless to have him, seeing as the 2 legbots are displayed backwards so you literally can't even see them, making them a waste of time and money to even have. At least backwards you can see them, G1 accuracy be damned. 

Congrats on finishing your big boy! It took me a while, but I was eventually able to get them all for retail. I grabbed Motormasters during Pulse's Black Friday sale last year. Dead End and Breakdown were the tough ones, but eventually they came back into stock at BBTS. Wildrider is still sitting in my Pile of Loot, but as long as he's secured, I'm not in any hurry. I agree on displaying the legs backwards, because otherwise it's kinda lame, the "leg cars" really don't serve any function. 

On 4/10/2023 at 11:09 PM, F For Fake said:

Congrats on finishing your big boy! It took me a while, but I was eventually able to get them all for retail. I grabbed Motormasters during Pulse's Black Friday sale last year. Dead End and Breakdown were the tough ones, but eventually they came back into stock at BBTS. Wildrider is still sitting in my Pile of Loot, but as long as he's secured, I'm not in any hurry. I agree on displaying the legs backwards, because otherwise it's kinda lame, the "leg cars" really don't serve any function. 

I really should have been more attentive and decided on the Stunticons earlier, that way I would have got Motormaster cheaper. $180AU is a ridiculous price, but it's really the best I can do. It's that or nothing. Dead End cost me 90. He hasn't been cheap. All that and I'm not even going to be displaying him 'properly'. :pullhair:

On 4/10/2023 at 9:40 AM, Cat said:

I really should have been more attentive and decided on the Stunticons earlier, that way I would have got Motormaster cheaper. $180AU is a ridiculous price, but it's really the best I can do. It's that or nothing. Dead End cost me 90. He hasn't been cheap. All that and I'm not even going to be displaying him 'properly'. :pullhair:

Distribution for the Menasor bots was kinda screwy. Dragstrip clogged pegs for months, so I don't think there was a great deal of urgency when Motormaster hit, Then suddenly...he was gone. Then distribution was super spotty for the remaining three, as many retailers still have pegs clogged with shelfwarming Legacy Wave 1. It was all kind of a mess. If BBTS hadn't gotten those random restocks, I would have been out of luck, because I never saw Dead End, Breakdown or Wildrider on the pegs even once.

On 4/10/2023 at 11:52 PM, F For Fake said:

Distribution for the Menasor bots was kinda screwy. Dragstrip clogged pegs for months, so I don't think there was a great deal of urgency when Motormaster hit, Then suddenly...he was gone. Then distribution was super spotty for the remaining three, as many retailers still have pegs clogged with shelfwarming Legacy Wave 1. It was all kind of a mess. If BBTS hadn't gotten those random restocks, I would have been out of luck, because I never saw Dead End, Breakdown or Wildrider on the pegs even once.

The only one I ever saw on pegs was Wildrider. He pegwarmed at a Big W here, being a small town. I got lucky. Drag Strip I ordered online from JB HiFi, same with Breakdown, who I only just ordered 2 days ago. I completely missed Dead End, until a friend pointed out that Entertainment Earth had him up for preorder with an April release date. I seized that opportunity, even though the shipping was more than the figure. I don't know that I can get Motormaster, but I'm assuming he'll be there, based on his price and the fact they've had two forever. If not I'm screwed, and have no plan B. 

Does anyone know of this is just a rerelease of the last Nien Numb figure they did? I'm assuming so since it has the same silly holster he never had in the film, but I want to check before I waste any money on preordering him. Does anyone know? 

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/236930?o=1

On 4/11/2023 at 9:07 PM, Cat said:

Does anyone know of this is just a rerelease of the last Nien Numb figure they did? I'm assuming so since it has the same silly holster he never had in the film, but I want to check before I waste any money on preordering him. Does anyone know? 

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/236930?o=1

Straight re-release.  The nerds are already complaining that they did not use a more brownish paint for the lips.

The lips.

And they are seriously complaining and cussing and moaning... 

On 4/12/2023 at 12:43 PM, Buzzetta said:

Straight re-release.  The nerds are already complaining that they did not use a more brownish paint for the lips.

The lips.

And they are seriously complaining and cussing and moaning... 

Thanks, Buzz. I thought it was, but wanted to be sure. And to be honest, I did notice the lips. It bugged me the first time around. lol Not to the point of complaining though, just a minor 'that would have been nice if...'.