• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,390 posts in this topic

On 9/8/2023 at 12:52 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

After the Sentinel and Galactus this seems rather redundant for another Haslab Marvel product.  

What else can they do?  With Star Wars or GI Joe it's all about the vehicles because the characters themselves are just regular humans aside from Sith or Jedi--and when you're talking about Sith or Jedi nobody thinks about vehicles with them, it's all about the Force or lightsabers.

Superheroes are different.  Vehicles barely matter since the coolness is all about the powers packed into the character.  I'm sure they will eventually try a Quinjet or Blackbird, but those won't reach the same numbers as large characters have.

On 9/10/2023 at 4:59 AM, oldmilwaukee6er said:

Here's a Lego video while you hobby ... a YouTuber I subscribe to that mostly discusses Magic and collectible card games has revealed his horde of sealed product 

He also does give some decent financial insights (again insights, not advice) and/or dialogues for those who appreciate some musings (and it's at least worth a gander since he was a stockbroker in the 2000s). I used to love watching his videos when I was a MTG player in 2016-2020.

Edited by Skylath

And next up, a couple more additions to my slowly growing McF DC collection. Most of what Todd puts out is still clearly not my thing, but if he's going to release more classic character designs with vanilla sculpts, I'll keep buying. This Riddler is gorgeous, maybe my favorite DC figure he's released so far. More like this, please!

IMG_5152.JPG

IMG_5153.JPG

IMG_5154.JPG

It hurts my heart that anyone wouldn't instantly identify the Baseball Furies! Is "The Warriors" no longer taught in our schools??? What has happened to this country?

"Warriors, come out and plaaaaaaay." 

I've been very tmepted to grab this, but $275 is little steep. Look great, tho'.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/product/variationdetails/88090

8e4f7104-261e-4cf0-9f77-950aed24128f.jpg

On 9/12/2023 at 9:03 AM, F For Fake said:

It hurts my heart that anyone wouldn't instantly identify the Baseball Furies! Is "The Warriors" no longer taught in our schools??? What has happened to this country?

"Warriors, come out and plaaaaaaay." 

I cried a little when I read that post. 

As was rumored, Titans Return Fortress Maximus is coming back. He sold out at Pulse in under 15 minutes, but is still up at BBTS (and presumably EE, amongst others) for those that need him.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/32707?o=1

I missed out on this guy back when he was being clearanced at Ollie's (I didn't get back into TF collecting until WFC) so I jumped on this one.

On 9/12/2023 at 10:42 PM, F For Fake said:

And next up, a couple more additions to my slowly growing McF DC collection. Most of what Todd puts out is still clearly not my thing, but if he's going to release more classic character designs with vanilla sculpts, I'll keep buying. This Riddler is gorgeous, maybe my favorite DC figure he's released so far. More like this, please!

IMG_5152.JPG

IMG_5153.JPG

IMG_5154.JPG

Where did you find Catman? 

I won't touch Hot Toys for multiple reasons:

• The materials the figures are made from degrades too quickly.  Sometimes it just degrades over time all by itself, but more often it degrades if you have the figure in any kind of pose where the joints are bent.  I don't want action figures that I have to pose like statues.
  • Even if you do want to pose them the articulation is absolutely terrible.
  • Most faces are squarely in the Uncanny Valley.  A few aren't, but the great majority are.  Sabine there looks like she almost avoided the Uncanny Valley, but not entirely.  She's definitely better than most and somewhere on the upwards slope out of the Valley on the way towards complete photorealism.
  • They take up too much space.  I much prefer the 1:12 scale for the space reason, or for lines where large creatures or vehicles are integral to the brand then the 1:18 scale.  Ever seen the Hot Toys sixth scale Millennium Falcon they made for a con a few years back?  That thing takes up an entire large room and demonstrates why the sixth scale doesn't work for lines where vehicles are an important part of the line.
Edited by fantastic_four

For those who haven't seen the Hot Toys sixth scale Millennium Falcon here it is.  VERY impressive, but nothing any of us would normally have room for.  They never sold this and only made one for display.  Not sure if they still have it, but I'm guessing they do.

Hot-Toys-Millennium-Falcon-Full-Preview-

1.jpg

On 9/13/2023 at 2:31 PM, Cat said:

Where did you find Catman? 

I got a bundle from McFarlane's website, included these two and a "Gold Patina" Superboy, which I'll probably sell. At the time I placed the order, Catman and Riddler seemed to be sold out everywhere, so I probably ended up overpaying. Oh well.