• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,346 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Holy Mauler Microphone !  You are making me wince with the tow cable though given what keeps happening to all of the Wolverine tow cables. lol You are a brave brave brave man. 

That microphone is a repro so not sure why you are so excited about it. Nice stuff still!

3 minutes ago, wolvergeek said:

That microphone is a repro so not sure why you are so excited about it. Nice stuff still!

Thought it was the real deal.  (shrug)

17 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Thought it was the real deal.  (shrug)

Geez, Buzz, don't get so excited! What if you're wrong about the provenance of a plastic antenna? Boy, would you have egg on your face then! You'd never live it down!

19 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Picked up a west coast choppers bomber on sale for only $20. I’ll have to track down a remote. It’s 1:6 scale because cobra troopers need to roll in style.

vf-1s was at a flea market of all places. Got a great deal on it. I can’t wait to get it set up.  These new Japanese toys are amazing. The vamp is a Sears 84’ mail away without the shovel. I spotted the notches on the roll bar that are different than the 82’.

A cumulation of the Joe hauls I found the rare antennas and tow cable for the mauler as well as a motor that works. I never thought I would have one all complete and original :cloud9: I just had to buy a couple mud flaps

6A99A5EB-FE04-469A-B2C2-AE4655906DE7.jpeg

74038A7C-A0A8-4435-8B8E-1A6332E49CDA.jpeg

ED7728F4-C103-4B52-B02F-C9F15D4FC584.jpeg

FBEAEE79-8059-4A4D-AFB2-B18DE6E69C03.jpeg

50E871AD-D15A-46B6-8853-F5034850BCDD.jpeg

15D0E754-E7DD-4C55-ADE7-357733383EAB.jpeg

32A77A4F-80D7-4825-92D5-B3D658450A71.jpeg

I'm getting the impression that the VAMP w/ the shovel is the Sears version.  

https://www.3djoes.com/vamp--hal.html

Patrick 

On 4/26/2021 at 12:29 AM, Buzzetta said:

@Buzzetta I didn't see any clamshells sized for loose Kenner Super Powers or Mattel Secret Wars figures. I found stands and clamshells for carded figs, but not loose. Any suggestions or ideas for someone who might have them?

IMG_2185.jpg

Edited by Dave2739

26 minutes ago, Dave2739 said:

@Buzzetta I didn't see any clamshells sized for loose Kenner Super Powers or Mattel Secret Wars figures. I found stands and clamshells for carded figs, but not loose. Any suggestions or ideas for someone who might have them?

He sells slightly larger ones for some of the figures like a Kenner Star Wars Gamorrean Guard.  I just tested it to see if Secret Wars Spider-man fits. 

This listing has the blister case that I am showing Spider-man in.  It may not work for all of them but it should work for a lot of them. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124103465265?hash=item1ce5249931:g:m0oAAOSwIgNXunHc

64139554038__1716E6EE-10F3-42FA-8984-92D1805D73F3.jpeg

2 hours ago, StingerMcK said:

PXL_20210428_002227725_2.thumb.jpg.4ce261a8ef6b69cd9117e37d5103ded3.jpg

Those NECA turtles are some of the best action figures ever created.  The articulation is somewhat limited, but wow, the figures look almost EXACTLY like they did in the films.

2 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Those NECA turtles are some of the best action figures ever created.  The articulation is somewhat limited, but wow, the figures look almost EXACTLY like they did in the films.

I concur, amazing.   I would actually buy those.

Patrick

6 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

He sells slightly larger ones for some of the figures like a Kenner Star Wars Gamorrean Guard.  I just tested it to see if Secret Wars Spider-man fits. 

This listing has the blister case that I am showing Spider-man in.  It may not work for all of them but it should work for a lot of them. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124103465265?hash=item1ce5249931:g:m0oAAOSwIgNXunHc

64139554038__1716E6EE-10F3-42FA-8984-92D1805D73F3.jpeg

That is perfect and thanks very much for that. I saw that size listed but didn't realize it would be appropriate for most of my Super Powers and Secret Wars figs. Like you said, I'm sure Darkseid, Braniac, Hawkman and a few others won't work, but it should get the job done for the majority.

16 hours ago, followtheleader said:

I'm getting the impression that the VAMP w/ the shovel is the Sears version.  

https://www.3djoes.com/vamp--hal.html

Patrick 

Both of the Vamps in the picture are the Sears version. My understanding is there is one more variant with the shovel but has the markii dashboard and grey steering wheel.

6 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Yea that ROTJ Fett looks awesome, can't wait for mine.  It's the last 3.75" figure I have active plans to buy, and I'm just buying him to put in the pilot's seat of Slave I next to Mando and Grogu.

I previously had the Evolutions version of Fett in the pilot seat.  I can honestly say that the proportions of the new figure make it far easier to lock in and out of the cockpit without feeling like you are going to break a clip.   The ONLY negative aspect of the synergy between Slave 1 and the new Fett is the backpack's integration with the ship.  If you look at the cargo area section of the ship where that panel folds upward you will see a hole in the wall.  The original design of the ship was molded with the ability to peg the rocket pack into the wall when the evolutions Fett or other versions of the mold were in the pilot seat.  It was a nice touch.  The problem though was that while the rocket pack could clip into the wall it was a poor fit for Fett and would fall off if you looked the wrong way. 

When they redesigned the figure they truly built the figure from the ground up. That came with a new kind of backpack that is completely different from the mold to the peg.  It does not clip into the ship.  Mine is currently in the prisoner cage for safe keeping. 

If that is the only drawback I will happily take it. 

As the 6" collector that I know you are I know you will be impressed with this figure. 

Edited by Buzzetta